Path of Exile

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
holy shit when I come back and read this thread I just realize how fucking terrible at this game I am. Lmao. Just having fun though.
I don’t like feeling ‘forced’ to basically have everything revolve around one primary skill to be viable at higher level content. Seems like PoE 2 new gem system is looking to change that.
Might put this down and come back when 2 is released.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is it the mask or are you not into blood play?

blood play’s a little creepy, but it’s really I don’t like short, tanky women. And jun sounds cute.

I’ll let someone ruin it with a pic of her voice actor like the fat guild girls that sounded cute on vent 12 years ago.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
As someone that showed up really late to the game and maybe floundered here or there in a couple leagues so many of the legacy mechanics are just entirely opaque. The careful sculpting of outcomes for things like Incursion and Betrayal is really complicated with guides not giving the whole picture. I've gotta know how the system works (which is a lot) and then I gotta know enough to have an opinion about the possible outcomes and which I want based on how everything interacts with everything else.

To the game's credit I can just show up and push buttons and it will shit out prizes but sometimes this feels more like learning a language than playing a vidya game. Wait, there's another fucking tense I have to learn? Alright alright, the fuck do I even do with the accusative case and these modal auxillary verbs then? I figured out how to order a sandwich and get it the damned thing. Isn't that good enough? No? Fuck.
It took me three leagues to really get a handle on Betrayal mechanics. But considering the Intervention assassins seem to only spawn after popping a delirium and that freezes my screen for one full second, I can't afford to do them now in T14+ maps. Same thing with popping a Legion encounter during a delirium. I wish they would back off on needing a god damn supercomputer for every new mechanic they add.

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It doesn't even matter if you have a supercomputer unfortunately, the game just runs like shit these days and it's pretty fucking pathetic.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
blood play’s a little creepy, but it’s really I don’t like short, tanky women. And jun sounds cute.

I’ll let someone ruin it with a pic of her voice actor like the fat guild girls that sounded cute on vent 12 years ago.

The scion chick is decently attractive, think she was naked on the hbo show Spartacus or something. She just had a kid and looked pretty good for a preggo chick. Ayse Tezel

Everyone else is is far below her.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It took me three leagues to really get a handle on Betrayal mechanics. But considering the Intervention assassins seem to only spawn after popping a delirium and that freezes my screen for one full second, I can't afford to do them now in T14+ maps. Same thing with popping a Legion encounter during a delirium. I wish they would back off on needing a god damn supercomputer for every new mechanic they add.

When I got to 100 it was through mapping and I left one person in intervention and it was never Tora as she's probably the most rippy of them at T16 as she does some nasty chaos shit with her bow sometimes. I also destroyed all their items and never let them make any alliances or friendships or whatever they are called.

It helped make them less rippy.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
When I got to 100 it was through mapping and I left one person in intervention and it was never Tora as she's probably the most rippy of them at T16 as she does some nasty chaos shit with her bow sometimes. I also destroyed all their items and never let them make any alliances or friendships or whatever they are called.

It helped make them less rippy.

That's a lot more high speed than my "enter map, see Syndicate activity, leave map" strategy.

edit - found a clip

grandpa.gif

Last edited:

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I believe I've mostly fine-tuned my flicker Berserker. 6.8k HP at 90 and 7.4 at 95. It has permanent Enduring and Rallying cry. Fortify on hit terminus(only cost me 8ex with bench linking), 3 endurance charges, 1200 hp/sec regen, and 1300 leech.

Budget Dps is 10.7m / 4.6m
High priced is 15.3m / 6.4m

POB If you happen to see something I can improve lmk.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I believe I've mostly fine-tuned my flicker Berserker. 6.8k HP at 90 and 7.4 at 95. It has permanent Enduring and Rallying cry. Fortify on hit terminus(only cost me 8ex with bench linking), 3 endurance charges, 1200 hp/sec regen, and 1300 leech.

Budget Dps is 10.7m / 4.6m
High priced is 15.3m / 6.4m

POB If you happen to see something I can improve lmk.
Budget just a terminus without fort?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Budget just a terminus without fort?

I forgot to add a non-corrupted Terminus in and link fort. Roll the clusters yourself, they've jumped in price the last few days--I picked up one for 100chaos that's now 10-15ex.

I'm considering dropping elusive for CDR on the boots if I can get the CD on warcries low enough.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Hit 100 earlier, grinding 99 was a bitch but it only took 29.5 hours this time which is much faster than before. It's really difficult to keep a 10 million pace going, you can't pick anything up except for very valuable stuff (I can't anyway). In the end I stopped doing T16s and just ran T13 and 14 and took my atlas down to awakening 6 as it's much faster and you can do rippier mods with the fog so its easier to roll maps.

Still need 2 challenges for 36 then I think I'll take a break. Found around 40-50ex wild from 97-100 and I think i have enough shit to run simulacrum a couple hundred times.

One thing I will add is that the favourite map systems utter shite.

diz.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
favorite map system works well i think, they just need to increase the odds a bit. It should be 10/30/50%, so if you have all 3 set to the same map, its a 90% chance.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is that not how it works already? Or is it something absurdly done like multiplicative, 10/30/50 = 10 / 13 / 20% total

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I can't decide between the melee crit warcry notable or mob mentality. You need at least 3 of the latter to get your rage back up to 50 by the time it's off cooldown.

Dont give up on palms, I just made one and its quite strong with the right gear and jewels.Cyclone of course because it just feels so good. I picked up the warcry and deep cuts shit before it started to go up in price for another fail build so I think I spent a couple exalt on the gems and the gear other than gems is about 10 ex. The jewels are really the expensive shit now though. But maybe you could roll your own.

The build feels really strong. Map the enduring cry to your LMB cyclone to RMB and use berserk and rallying cry when needed for the extra dmg boost. Things I want to squeeze into this build is still the vaal molten shell because, yeah that shit is op as fuck. Still squishy at times though. No chaos rezz is a death sentence in some situations. But this build is kinda weak in places to put this into on gear or tree. But I did a couple of 20 simulacrums with this and it had no problem. I dont even think POB even accounts for the split personality jewels I have socketed which up my DEX to 1200.

Make sure you use the POB fork which accounts for the impale dmg calcs. The vanilla POB does not.

Oh and BTW rage is 50 the entire time on a map.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Dont give up on palms, I just made one and its quite strong with the right gear and jewels.Cyclone of course because it just feels so good. I picked up the warcry and deep cuts shit before it started to go up in price for another fail build so I think I spent a couple exalt on the gems and the gear other than gems is about 10 ex. The jewels are really the expensive shit now though. But maybe you could roll your own.

The build feels really strong. Map the enduring cry to your LMB cyclone to RMB and use berserk and rallying cry when needed for the extra dmg boost. Things I want to squeeze into this build is still the vaal molten shell because, yeah that shit is op as fuck. Still squishy at times though. No chaos rezz is a death sentence in some situations. But this build is kinda weak in places to put this into on gear or tree. But I did a couple of 20 simulacrums with this and it had no problem. I dont even think POB even accounts for the split personality jewels I have socketed which up my DEX to 1200.

Make sure you use the POB fork which accounts for the impale dmg calcs. The vanilla POB does not.

Oh and BTW rage is 50 the entire time on a map.
Hollow Palm is fine, I would say it actually needs a buff. You can scale Facebreakers easier and higher via crit and getting that shield slot back is pretty important.

Hollow Palm didn't feel worth the high end investment, especially this league. Back tracking for dudes popping out of eggs because your melee feels bad. Like playing a non-chaining build during Legion.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hollow Palm is fine, I would say it actually needs a buff. You can scale Facebreakers easier and higher via crit and getting that shield slot back is pretty important.

Hollow Palm didn't feel worth the high end investment, especially this league. Back tracking for dudes popping out of eggs because your melee feels bad. Like playing a non-chaining build during Legion.

I agree. Hollow palm tapers out at like the late 60s by itself. But once you couple it with impale and the warcry scaling shit it gets pretty silly. I have something like 140% run speed with buffs and it shreds. With impale alone it started to get silly before I tacked on the warcry shit in the late 80s. Same thing with just about any melee type build these days. Its either stacking massive phys and bleed type shit(weak) or impale(strong as fuck). Its the only way to scale melee these days. Hollow palm needs more skills to work with it though. Cyclone was like the only one worth anything since scaling melee with elemental stuff these days is kinda weak which most of those unarmed skills are. I would put this character against any other melee build.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is there a good video on how to advance your atlas? I’m finding it very slow to get past T7 maps as i never seem to find T8s