Path of Exile

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So was initially planning to go an Arc build to play with step son's cyclone (should he be switching to 2 hander?). With some of the minor changes tied to castor builds does any thing else jump out as a good long range spell build or just stick with Arc? I tried storm blast abit just low levels and liked Arc abit more but haven't found too many others.

Plus doesn't lightning burn and in turn help provide catalyst for land to regrow anew with more nutrients so better to farm my seeds with ?!?!

turbo

Molten Core Raider
PS...trying to learn POE on the fly is hard enough even as a 30+ year vet of min/maxing every RPG/MMO/ARPG etc i've ever played.......trying to do so while getting a 16 year old to pay attention and just begin to try and understand the complexity of the game is border line torture, i almost ground him when he kept just putting on gear that "looked" cool that had 1 socket and all useless stats to him. Thank god for all the great content creators that made really nicely laid out builds to give some direction. I offered if he wanted something simplier that we could try Torch Light 3 but he didn't like the look of that thankfully. POE it is.....least until Last Epoch.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So was initially planning to go an Arc build to play with step son's cyclone (should he be switching to 2 hander?). With some of the minor changes tied to castor builds does any thing else jump out as a good long range spell build or just stick with Arc? I tried storm blast abit just low levels and liked Arc abit more but haven't found too many others.

Plus doesn't lightning burn and in turn help provide catalyst for land to regrow anew with more nutrients so better to farm my seeds with ?!?!

Stick with Arc it's simple to gear, fun and easy to play. Follow the Enki's guide and you should have a smooth experience into red maps and the end game.

Lightning shocks targets, that means that they take more damage while shocked.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The Saviour: Mirage Warriors have been renamed Mirage Saviours, to differentiate them from those created by General's Cry. Strike skills used by Mirage Saviours cannot hit additional targets. This affects all existing versions of the item. This change is required to maintain server performance, as builds using The Saviour with certain Strike skills were causing enough calculations to put noticeable strain on the servers. It was accidentally missed in the Development Manifesto.

lol, sometimes you really gotta wonder. I know they play their own game but....do they?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man that's a lot of nerfs they hadn't talked about in the dev manifesto. They removed all % damage reduction nodes from the trees/cluster, like all of it, no numerical adjustments just outright gone. Makes a lot of the nodes that had them complete ass as a result too and makes most melees a fair bit squishier(since most nodes were in the marauder/duellist/ranger area, where most melees are pathing already).

Bunch of minion nerfs too which isn't too surprising, although some of them are questionable(nerfing minion life nodes?). Fair amount of nerfs to mines also via the tree, and crit in general got fucked pretty hard.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Man that's a lot of nerfs they hadn't talked about in the dev manifesto. They removed all % damage reduction nodes from the trees/cluster, like all of it, no numerical adjustments just outright gone. Makes a lot of the nodes that had them complete ass as a result too and makes most melees a fair bit squishier(since most nodes were in the marauder/duellist/ranger area, where most melees are pathing already).

Hilarious that every time they have a 'melee focused patch' that melee gets worse. Fuck GGG. I'm probably done with this game since it is for Ranged/Casters only.

Edit: from Reddit, seems topical

1592399005560.png

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Maybe the gem numbers will be really good on slam skills?

But yea I just looked at PoB with the new tree and uh, this looks really bad.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Chaos spellslinger trickster respec in to CoC VD assassin. Nothing else looks interesting right now, let streamers figure shit out for me.

I'm glad they're willing to nerf some skills and passives for the good of balance. But the execution on some of this is "huh?" at the very least. This better be some 4D chess.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, I'm starting marauder and just slamming my dick in the door on this one. Surely the 2h/slam patch will work out for me!

Code:
Now grants 1 endurance charge per 5 power, with a minium of 1 charge.
Buff grants +2% to all resistances and 2% additional Physical Damage reduction per endurance charge.
Now causes you to regenerate 120 life over 1 second at gem level 1, up to 1976 at gem level 20.

Fatty chieftan tec slam endurance charge something something probably? Enduring cry looks fucking hilarious now, and with chieften/endurance regen you should be able to sustain like 4k regen pretty easily.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The chieftain with enduring cry and abyssal cry with tectonic is probably my route after my starter, which oddly got slightly nerfed....

Nobody fucking plays siege ballista and yet they nerfed sleepless sentries...

Also, they nerfed the wrong side of the tree for the most part.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't looked into myself yet, but from the amount of clamor I've seen on reddit regarding the changes to cluster jewels, it makes me wonder why they bothered to keep them in the game.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They mostly destroyed the warcry ones yea. Curse/chaosdot/crit in general all got nerfed pretty hard as well. Heralds obviously deleted.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i'm actually fucking pissed I was finally going to league start brands and apparently it's not brand league anymore either :(

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It still could be brand league! Just the brands nobody wants. If you like these new brands, you already were 90% covered by traps, mines, and totems. Like, you play brands if you want to worry about reflect.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
It still could be brand league! Just the brands nobody wants. If you like these new brands, you already were 90% covered by traps, mines, and totems. Like, you play brands if you want to worry about reflect.

God I'm salty about this because nothing makes me ragequit harder when I'm rolling maps is to not notice a phys/ele reflect one and just insta kill myself. Not sure why I hate it as much as I do

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Am I missing something? When I click on their link to the tree it just takes me to a giant list of passives. Is there an updated 3.11 tree somewhere ?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, install and update path of building local identity fork

Google it or look on reddit, its easy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Well, these changes solidify my choice to do the block/dodge cap build. It actually got buffed and I got to retain stun immunity with cyclone.