Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Straight up uninstalled poe for the fucking call of duty update. Got to like level 85 and thats the most its getting out of me for 3 months.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You guys should stick to D3, probably. You can kill your way to all the gear you want, there!

This league has some tedious mechanics, but it's not nearly as bad as Synthesis and the rewards are fucking insane. You can make Tailwind boots instantly with one T2 craft. Instantly. No chance, it just happens. Phys explode chest? Slam phys on a Crusader 85 chest 3 times and BAM, you've got it. The power to MAKE the gear you want for YOUR build is insane. I wish Augs/Removes hit a little more often after red maps too, but people literally want an aug/remove every pack of T1 seeds. That's fucking stupid. That's too much. Why have trade at all at that point.

You fucks sound just like the normie pussies on Reddit that are shitting up that forum right now. Go play D3 and kill for all your gear and let RNG do it all for you. There's a new season out, it's perfect!

• 4Faggotry
  • 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Right now someone is playing or watching PoE that will develop the next game people will flock to just like GGG did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys should stick to D3, probably. You can kill your way to all the gear you want, there!

This league has some tedious mechanics, but it's not nearly as bad as Synthesis and the rewards are fucking insane. You can make Tailwind boots instantly with one T2 craft. Instantly. No chance, it just happens. Phys explode chest? Slam phys on a Crusader 85 chest 3 times and BAM, you've got it. The power to MAKE the gear you want for YOUR build is insane. I wish Augs/Removes hit a little more often after red maps too, but people literally want an aug/remove every pack of T1 seeds. That's fucking stupid. That's too much. Why have trade at all at that point.

You fucks sound just like the normie pussies on Reddit that are shitting up that forum right now. Go play D3 and kill for all your gear and let RNG do it all for you. There's a new season out, it's perfect!

I'm with you that the crafting is insane and i'm one of those people that enjoy that part of this league...But thats not an excuse to make the farming so overly tedious and i totally understand why someone would just quit this league.

Just for a start:
Why couldnt they just have 3 big storage tanks that are there from the get go and you could upgrade similarly to how you upgrade your sulphite limit in delve. With centralized tanks you could even show the player how much juice you have and how much will be drained the next time unit.
And/or why couldn't they just give you 3 different pylons, matching the harvesters, that just connect to everything matching in range so you don't have to bother with connections etc.

Borzak

Doesn't have to be an ARPG, just a game people enjoy playing someone is looking and working and one day they'll make flavor of the week/month/year and people will flock to it until the shine wears off and someone else will repeat. Point being Blizzard's day in the sun is over, one day GGG's day in the sun will be over and it won't have to be an ARPG that replaces it.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
ARPG players aren't going to stop playing ARPGs. I just hope the next one has keyboard movement, don't know why they all insist on having only mouse based movement.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Tell that to my very well occupied 6YO. Compared to shit I usually have to buy to keep him entertained, Minecraft Dungeons is a steal.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
ARPG players aren't going to stop playing ARPGs. I just hope the next one has keyboard movement, don't know why they all insist on having only mouse based movement.
Use a controller, it's so much better.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

lol this is all strait up bullshit

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
lol this is all strait up bullshit
No, you just don't know how to play the game above the levels of COPY X BUILD, HOLD RIGHT CLICK, BUY NEXT ITEMS ON BUILD LIST.

The real POErs are out here thriving. The D3 transplants are showing their normie cards with their tears Reddit.

• 2Hodjing
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
No, you just don't know how to play the game above the levels of COPY X BUILD, HOLD RIGHT CLICK, BUY NEXT ITEMS ON BUILD LIST.

The real POErs are out here thriving. The D3 transplants are showing their normie cards with their tears Reddit.

Lol

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Being a pretty accomplished "gamer" but new to POE I must say it definitely has a decent level of complexity to it and isn't the most "noob" friendly game out there. Enjoying the league so far, just got into the mapping phase on my zerker 1hand bladestorm build. Also playing Arc Necro with my stepson who has no clue whats going on but following the build I gave him and enjoying it for the most part.

I'm sure i'll stick it out to try and see the entire endgame but definitely wish they had a lot of the min/max complexity in tact without making it all quiet so complicated. Nothing horrible but I have a threshold for what i find enjoyable. The harvest feature seems pretty "meh" to me, i think i would have much preferred the Delerium league by the looks of it, but can't really comment as i'm just scratching the surface.

They need to make a ARPG based on Disgaea!

Borzak

The big drawback is certain leagues aren't just dropped when they are over. Some of them are kept in the core part of the game, normally in less difficult deals and such. It keeps adding up. I can't imagine being a new player and having to research all the parts of leagues that popup as you go. More and more over time. They really need to trim some out.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Being a pretty accomplished "gamer" but new to POE I must say it definitely has a decent level of complexity to it and isn't the most "noob" friendly game out there. Enjoying the league so far, just got into the mapping phase on my zerker 1hand bladestorm build. Also playing Arc Necro with my stepson who has no clue whats going on but following the build I gave him and enjoying it for the most part.

I'm sure i'll stick it out to try and see the entire endgame but definitely wish they had a lot of the min/max complexity in tact without making it all quiet so complicated. Nothing horrible but I have a threshold for what i find enjoyable. The harvest feature seems pretty "meh" to me, i think i would have much preferred the Delerium league by the looks of it, but can't really comment as i'm just scratching the surface.

They need to make a ARPG based on Disgaea!
Without a doubt, play it out. Learn everything you can.

Borzak

Crafting patch. So hard up for sleep I actually loaded up the game

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm pretty sure they made it so augments/removes were super fucked after a certain iLvl. They were flowing in yellow/white maps and even more while leveling, but the second you're farming reds you don't get them. I went a day getting 1 remove doing probably 30+ red maps and I plant every map. If they make augs/removes common for the actual max end gear crafting is going to go nuts. We already have people running around with white boots they turned into Onslaught on Kill/Elusive on Crit 90 life two tones with 30% movement speed. I've made like 3 pairs of tailwind boots just hitting crit mods on boots or speed mods on boots. It's literally guaranteed. Also made a guaranteed phys explode chest. There's some nutty shit you can do with fractures and multimod that is actually an exploit. If the occurence of these valued crafts go up everyone is going to be able to play any build they want with their own tools.

And I like that. Combine that with the RETARDEDLY OVERPOWERED changes coming to Cluster Jewels that means more Witch melee, Chieftan casters, non-Ranger/Shadow bow users etc etc. If you ain't going to try a Brain Rattler melee Elementalist, you ain't PoEing!

I've played this game for 7 years and when people ask me if they should play it I tell them no. Why? It's so fucking complex and overwhelming I salute the new players who truck through it but between passives/ascendancies/links/maps/influence/betrayal/etc it's just SO much I tell them to wait. Just wait for PoE 2.0 which hopefully does a great deal of resetting and allows new players to be able to get on a more even level with the savvy 5+ year veterans.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
One thing I hope this patch addresses are the link colors. I do not like that all of the color change seeds always make differing colors.

I've only ever seen:

- Change a color of a socket into (red, green, or blue)
- Change a color of two sockets into (red/green, red/blue, green/blue)
- Change a color of three sockets into (red/green/blue)

There are no multiple sockets of the same color recipes. Like, there's no "change a color of 3 random sockets where two are red and one is blue". The 3 socket is ALWAYS a R/G/B recipe. The two socket recipes will always be one color, and one of another color.

At this point its almost moot, but earlier on in leveling this would have been immensely helpful.