Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Argarth

On the verandah
I'm pretty sure they made it so augments/removes were super fucked after a certain iLvl. They were flowing in yellow/white maps and even more while leveling, but the second you're farming reds you don't get them. I went a day getting 1 remove doing probably 30+ red maps and I plant every map. If they make augs/removes common for the actual max end gear crafting is going to go nuts. We already have people running around with white boots they turned into Onslaught on Kill/Elusive on Crit 90 life two tones with 30% movement speed. I've made like 3 pairs of tailwind boots just hitting crit mods on boots or speed mods on boots. It's literally guaranteed. Also made a guaranteed phys explode chest. There's some nutty shit you can do with fractures and multimod that is actually an exploit. If the occurence of these valued crafts go up everyone is going to be able to play any build they want with their own tools.

And I like that. Combine that with the RETARDEDLY OVERPOWERED changes coming to Cluster Jewels that means more Witch melee, Chieftan casters, non-Ranger/Shadow bow users etc etc. If you ain't going to try a Brain Rattler melee Elementalist, you ain't PoEing!

I've played this game for 7 years and when people ask me if they should play it I tell them no. Why? It's so fucking complex and overwhelming I salute the new players who truck through it but between passives/ascendancies/links/maps/influence/betrayal/etc it's just SO much I tell them to wait. Just wait for PoE 2.0 which hopefully does a great deal of resetting and allows new players to be able to get on a more even level with the savvy 5+ year veterans.

This is pretty funny. I've just jumped back in after about 3 years away, and damn the game has changed so much. Got sick of waiting for 2.0 and it appears it's delayed until 2021. Originally gave the Harvest League a try-out but I got really fed up with it after only a couple of days. Even though I don't feel like a complete noob again, found it (the gardening) way too tedious as a League mechanic starting from scratch, even though the mods did help me out some in the early levels.

Anyway, so back over to Standard, stripped my old stable of all their best gear, and built a Spectral Shield Throw (Bleed) Duelist. Tripped over it by accident while I was looking through some tanky builds, and when I saw the "Captain America" type shield tossing I was SOLD. SST wasn't even a skill when I quit before. Did a couple of quick trades using GGG's new In-house trade website, and that was super easy and painless too. Game looks and runs much better than I remember, so happy times.

Needless to say, damn PoE has got its hooks back into me again. Melting mobs, and early days, but now I'm really looking forward to learning all these new systems. The crafting in particular looks like it's light years ahead of what I left behind, and also really looking forward to some "Delving", once I've figured out the best way to stock up on Sulphite.

Edit: Shit, you were right. Just ran into an Incursion, a Blight scenario on a map, the Atlas, and the list goes on I guess... Feels like I know next to nothing all over again :emoji_dizzy_face:

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Did a couple of quick trades using GGG's new In-house trade website, and that was super easy and painless too.

giphy.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Argarth

On the verandah
That POE trading is like getting AIDS and ass cancer combined.

Oh well, I guess I got lucky then. It was easy to find the items I wanted, and 3 out of the 4 people I whispered answered almost immediately and I was done.

In the past when it was poe.trade I had a very different experience. Maybe the community is better now, who knows. I don't trade much anyway, and used to dread it.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The community is worse, and poe.trade uses the same systems as the official site, in fact it just piggy backs on it.

You simply got lucky.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh well, I guess I got lucky then. It was easy to find the items I wanted, and 3 out of the 4 people I whispered answered almost immediately and I was done.

In the past when it was poe.trade I had a very different experience. Maybe the community is better now, who knows. I don't trade much anyway, and used to dread it.
Oh poe.trade is a piece of shit for sure, just even with the official tool you'll run into issues especially when buying stuff that sells very quickly and you need a bunch(maps, fossils and such). For rares it's also a crapshoot whether you can find a guy who's willing to leave his map if it's not 10c+(less early in the league) or someone who's just not afk and shit. But for the most part I'd say it works fine, you can find whatever you want rather quickly and buy it and you're done.

It just sucks for the cases where it doesn't work and you end up having to message dozens of people to get 10fossils x3 + resonators but the full first page of fossils is price fixers and the non price fixing cheap ones don't want to bother selling cause they only have 1 left and it's a waste of time for them to come out for a 3c sale(especially during leagues that have time sensitive events like delirium, not so much currently) and the only ppl selling large stacks sell at a big premium because of the convenience.

With an AH on stackable items(currency, maps etc) people wouldn't use dozens of accounts to price fix this shit nearly as efficiently.

The community is worse, and poe.trade uses the same systems as the official site, in fact it just piggy backs on it.

You simply got lucky.
Poe.trade uses the official API, but it's a laggy piece of shit a lot of the time that won't refresh the API often enough so you have shit listed that sold 15+ minutes ago. It's like when the official website lags(the first few days), but almost all the time.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
If it ever gets to the stage where I have to trade for say, consumables to advance, or it gets super tedious/too expensive to try out the builds I want, then I'll just quit again.

I would really rather play Self-Found, but of course that just isn't possible without missing out on a ton. The game just wasn't designed that way, and I remember all too well just how difficult it was way back in Open Beta/Release. Looks like the (recent?) crafting changes have made it much more SSF friendly, and that suits me.

Having a lot of fun at the moment, got the items I needed to make my build work, and I'll largely ignore the market until I'm forced to use it again for the next build.

However, I do look forward to eventually becoming angry and frustrated all over again, and quitting in disgust once more!! Hopefully by then, 2.0 will be just around the corner.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Buying items has never really been the problem with the trading API. 90% of the time, item buying works. It's the currency market that is absolutely fucked. Not to mention, the whole trading system and excuse for why it has to be that way is a complete fucking sham.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I stay away from traditional crafting because you cannot realistically put a time or cost on the outcome you want. What's that? Playing PoE is the same thing? Well, yeah, but killing shit is inherently fun, crafting is not. Most people have experienced this with trying to 6-link an item. And most people get around it by just buying their 6Ls instead.

If Harvest is their attempt to shortcut crafting similar to buying 6Ls, then I am in complete support of a "boring" league. Changes to classes, skills, and passives is usually enough to keep me entertained anyway.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Okay my first actual complaint about this league that isn't related to just like drop/seed quality:

Starting a second character is complete aids with your garden. There's some kind of level gating on seeds, so anything higher than your zone level won't grow, but will still autoplant and sit there taking up space. You have to uproot everything manually and store any seeds higher level than your map tier someplace else. What a tedious fucking oversight.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Definitely a bunch of QoL stuff for Harvest I'd like but won't happen until the 1 month in "are you happy now?" patch.

-Storage: Either upgrade tanks to mega tanks, buy mega tanks, or just buy an overall storage as some one said akin to Sulphite
-Show how much lifeforce you have for each color stored
-Allow saved crafts usable from any matching color horti
-Much increased area for Dispensers would help people greatly not fret about building the perfect plot for T2+. Make those suckers fucking huge so cross polination is much easier without sacrificing plot spots
-FULL ACCESS TO YOUR STASH: There's literally no reason, none, we can't do this except maybe fore dupe protection as some one had mentioned. You can already accomplish this by blowing a portal essentially which allows the mechanic but just wastes time and portals

One I'm 50/50 on is making seeds auto-loot to your seedbox when you loot them. It's a nice QoL akin to metamorph organs or azurite, but the mechanics here are slightly different. They want you to go in and plant each map. People who just save up a million seeds then plant them, then get more seeds without going in, and repeat are technically missing out on some growth cycles as opposed to if you keep interacting. I get that's what they WANT, but based on how lazy the current POE player base is, they should just fuck it. The current metathought is if you have to stop to do a mechanic, it's bad. The real reason for the PoE opinion on that was because mobs would attack you while you were interacting (Syndicate, Alva, Blight) and it was super fucking annoying and dangerous. You don't even have that threat here, but people just want to zoom through killing and collect loot. I find that enjoyable too, but adding SLIGHTLY more time investment into your gameplay for MUCH MORE REWARDING outcomes is worth it. Unfortunately with the abortion of a D4 announcement the D3 players are driving Reddit and they just want the entire game to be GR's. They want to zoom through, kill boss/finish mechanic, loot explosion, repeat.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay my first actual complaint about this league that isn't related to just like drop/seed quality:

Starting a second character is complete aids with your garden. There's some kind of level gating on seeds, so anything higher than your zone level won't grow, but will still autoplant and sit there taking up space. You have to uproot everything manually and store any seeds higher level than your map tier someplace else. What a tedious fucking oversight.

Yeah I experienced this, and it works on the inverse too. It won't auto plant seeds that are drastically below your level.

Equally shitty is the item level cap on those, since a lot of enchants that looked awesome practically disappear as you go up.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The resulting crafts from those low level seeds have ilvl caps, you don't want them planted anyway.

nevermind, I should read the whole post...

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Definitely a bunch of QoL stuff for Harvest I'd like but won't happen until the 1 month in "are you happy now?" patch.

-Storage: Either upgrade tanks to mega tanks, buy mega tanks, or just buy an overall storage as some one said akin to Sulphite
-Show how much lifeforce you have for each color stored
-Allow saved crafts usable from any matching color horti
-Much increased area for Dispensers would help people greatly not fret about building the perfect plot for T2+. Make those suckers fucking huge so cross polination is much easier without sacrificing plot spots
-FULL ACCESS TO YOUR STASH: There's literally no reason, none, we can't do this except maybe fore dupe protection as some one had mentioned. You can already accomplish this by blowing a portal essentially which allows the mechanic but just wastes time and portals

One I'm 50/50 on is making seeds auto-loot to your seedbox when you loot them. It's a nice QoL akin to metamorph organs or azurite, but the mechanics here are slightly different. They want you to go in and plant each map. People who just save up a million seeds then plant them, then get more seeds without going in, and repeat are technically missing out on some growth cycles as opposed to if you keep interacting. I get that's what they WANT, but based on how lazy the current POE player base is, they should just fuck it. The current metathought is if you have to stop to do a mechanic, it's bad. The real reason for the PoE opinion on that was because mobs would attack you while you were interacting (Syndicate, Alva, Blight) and it was super fucking annoying and dangerous. You don't even have that threat here, but people just want to zoom through killing and collect loot. I find that enjoyable too, but adding SLIGHTLY more time investment into your gameplay for MUCH MORE REWARDING outcomes is worth it. Unfortunately with the abortion of a D4 announcement the D3 players are driving Reddit and they just want the entire game to be GR's. They want to zoom through, kill boss/finish mechanic, loot explosion, repeat.

Full stash access will never happen unfortunately, as full stash access inside a map instance just means dupes will start happening.

Storage tanks definitely need another 0 on them though lol. My latest t3 harvest was something stupid like 45k lifeforce. I don't think there's room in my garden to store that shit.

• 1Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Quick question regarding corrupting items, i've been picking up a few end game items for my build that realistically i won't be replacing. I have some vaal's laying around, whats the rule of thumb on corrupting? Is it more case by case basis on the item type/item, or does it ultimately play out in your favor on average and should do it to all? Or not worth it?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Quick question regarding corrupting items, i've been picking up a few end game items for my build that realistically i won't be replacing. I have some vaal's laying around, whats the rule of thumb on corrupting? Is it more case by case basis on the item type/item, or does it ultimately play out in your favor on average and should do it to all? Or not worth it?

Its a gamble, but it can pan out. Just bear in midn you cant change it once corrupted, except sockets and links, which are very very expensive to change. So if you're oging ot say.. corrupt some gloves to hope to get something like curse with X on hit, then I'd suggest 4-linking them first, coloring them the way you want, then doing it.

You can brick your item too so be careful.

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
AHK code for scripts to only be active when insert is toggled. Caps can be used instead. Replace q with w/e your trigger is. Just add this to the end of the script, outside of the return.

Code:
Insert::Hotkey, q, Toggle

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If the item is easy to obtain again and you have the funds to do so AND you actually need an implicit from corruption it can be worth it. It's a lot of ifs though, and a lot of corrupted mods aren't really that good to begin with. On top of that they're bad on some items since they replace the implicit(for example on a topaz ring they replace the lightning resist, and the outcomes are less than stellar on rings).

Generally speaking people mostly corrupt jewels(can get corrupted blood immunity and mana reservation and no implicits on them plus you can find basic jewels with the right stats pretty easily) and gloves(can get various curses on hit, often no good implciit, best when using unique gloves so you can buy a bunch) and very rich people corrupt 6L chests(+1 max res or +2 to x type of gems but since you want them to be 6L before you corrupt and you can brick them you should expect to spend hundreds of exalts to hit the right corruption depending on what chest you're corrupting, for chests I think it's better to just buy double corruption from temple, if you're gonna waste a chest you should at least roll twice).

Odds of rolling a new implicit aren't even that high either, and one of the outcomes is a pure brick so you need to be able to buy a replacement.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

We're talking about leveling though - a couple of hours. I plopped down 3 fields to the side and used those for the seeds I got when leveling my new character. Most juice went into storage, since you do not use it that much, having picked up a leveling weapon or two with the funds from the first character.