Path of Exile

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Using a 3rd spellslinger could work though, I didn't think of that.

What's the difference between Barrage and Frenzy/Barrage Support? I have the frenzy version and never used the barrage version.

Prior to trigger wand I had this:

Spellslinger - Volatile Dead- Spell Cascade - Inspiration
Spellslinger - Desecrate - Spell Cascade
Spellslinger - Wave of Conviction - Inspiration - Combustion
Barrage - Inspiration - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness

That way you get Inspiration stacks off Barrage, which adds (35% MORE Elemental Damage) to both WoC and VD.

By using Barrage only version, you do not get Frenzy Charges.
Once I had Trigger wand, was able to go to Frenzy - Barrage Support - Inspiration - Anything.
Then move the WoC / Bone Offering / Curse into the trigger wand.

Personally I like the Inspiration in the 4L / 5L chest over Detonate Dead.
You get more balls, about the same DPS, and you probably only need one item with -# to mana cost of skills.

With my current set up, I constantly have 5 Endurance Charges / 3 Frenzy Charges / 5 Inspiration Stacks.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully this isn't information overload and sorry for the roughness. It was mostly notes I had given to my friend.

Fantastic post.

Do have a question though, on the amulet I have, it has +1 Minimum End Charge, which I find rather worthless, and can craft 6% more damage per end charge, which seems much more reasonable.

Is that something you'd do as well, or is the +1 minimum really that much more defense? Seems kinda worthless for this build but I didn't want to overwrite it without a second opinion. during fights, I'm always going to be at 5 either way. The +1 only seems to help if I happen to get hit without 5 charges on.

1594151520147.png

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fantastic post.

Do have a question though, on the amulet I have, it has +1 Minimum End Charge, which I find rather worthless, and can craft 6% more damage per end charge, which seems much more reasonable.

Is that something you'd do as well, or is the +1 minimum really that much more defense? Seems kinda worthless for this build but I didn't want to overwrite it without a second opinion. during fights, I'm always going to be at 5 either way. The +1 only seems to help if I happen to get hit without 5 charges on.

View attachment 283667
I ran minimum charges last season but no reason to now with enduring and battle cry notable.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I never felt I needed pops with CoC VD. Plus you run herald of ash which is not a pop per se but it does splash well.
Too slow! I point at an area of the screen and large swathes of it should instantly die!

In a game that wants to one-shot you all the time, the spawn and travel time is horrid. Watching streamers play this build on hardcore is even worse.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
But I’m pretty sure that area of effect scaling Ice nova build is gonna be aids on bossing. Maybe not.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah. I thought it looked lower than that. But I was doing it in my head. I was thinking it’d be more like 4M which yeah is fine to clear everything easy.

Vorph

Anyone know exactly how the interaction between Wyrmsign and +1 min end charges on all 3 jewelry items works? I've seen vague comments about it working as expected, but I don't see anyone on poe.ninja actually using it.

Evernothing

I would remove the +1 minimum personally. Damage seems way better when you have like +99% uptime with End Charges already.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone know exactly how the interaction between Wyrmsign and +1 min end charges on all 3 jewelry items works? I've seen vague comments about it working as expected, but I don't see anyone on poe.ninja actually using it.
Should work cause it says "while at max charges" and not "when reaching max charges".

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanks for the help on Spellslinger VD, got the 3rd lab down finally and got the self cast offerings.

With a 3rd Spellslinger casting Bone Offering I didn't realise you get so much life on block you can face tank, I'm really survivable now! I just don't have the mana to use movement skills or frenzy lol

Evernothing

Do you have any jewelry with the -# mana cost craft yet?

Another option before you have those or the trigger wand is to socket a low level CWDT--Bone Offering.

It won't cast as often as a Spellslinger or Trigger version, but it's mana free.