Path of Exile

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yep, quit the league because the only way they could possibly make trading even more tedious was to make it not even possible to use the official trade site anymore, you gotta deal with discord nonsense to get anything of value made.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
...anything of value made.

I assume by value you mean "worth a lot of currency"? cause by the metric of any other league the gear i have/can get on my own is just way outside the scope of what i'd get in any other league, and i havent done any trades outside of the trading site.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So my gems are 18 and I was running t15 at awakening 7 and I’ve scaled crit rather than going EO, but spellslinger VD is unimpressive. I thought swapping to crit would help but meh. Kyth said zdps. It truly is. I’d rather go CoC VD. It’s better. My wand is only ok, so I might splurge on that and maybe a 21/20 VD and spellslinger tomorrow. If that doesn’t goose me some, I’m probably done for league. Also, I’m running ele weakness and not really using charges. That’s one area to help with crit. Also way over resist, so there’s some tweaking I can do to scale there. I ditched DD and added HoAsh. Could maybe slide in precision and get the eye with multiplier.

Total investment is about 10-15ex.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You don't need to be rich to make shit, but you do need to grind maps. If you're slow going and do one conq a day, yeah, you're done for. But if you're doing 1-2 A8's a day you should get a decent amount of crafts saved up. Use the flowers to target the augs/removes you need with rare crafts/more crafts options.

If you want to really use the league you need a mapper character. Something fast that can also clear the seed bosses. Just grind maps and you'll get so many fucking removes/augs/reforges you wouldn't believe it. But you still have to run a lot of maps. You're not going to craft god tier gear with 15 maps a day.

I personally never bought a craft but have burrowed/shared with my actual friends. If you're god-crafting I'm sure you'd need to probably bum some aug crits and shit, but there's no fucking way I would.

• 1Barf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I cannot believe I'm about to say this but I'm having more fun this league with my tiny guild of IRL friends crafting our shit together than any previous. This includes my favorite brain off league Metamorph.

Oh, and Delirium still sucks balls. Every time I see that mirror I get angry.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is one of my favorite leagues for sure, but it can't go core. Not as it is. It removes all the fun of having a "good" item drop because everything is so much closer to "good" with just a little work. If they add a few targeted Augs/Removes or something and make them rare but not uber rare that'd be cool. Definitely a great one-and-done league though from a core perspective.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Meh, I'll take the fun of having actual good items be attainable without playing the game like it's a second and third job over the "fun" of the mythical "good" item drops you speak of any day. This is probably my last league because I don't see any way I could ever go back to the old retarded crafting/itemization with its 65482 layers of RNG to get anything done.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't mind RNG. I just wish every so often they put items that could drop as RNG that were worth using, not mirror quality of course. A few uniques are but just regular items. Never happen.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, they are a F2P game that should be trying to cater to casuals and get more people spending 10-30 bucks a year. Somehow they decided to implement every game system around a tiny amount of whales that can play their game like a job and equate any QoL to easy mode.

Also, why the shit is there no Syndicate or Incursion scarab? They are do fucking inconsistent with implementation of how to access content that half the Masters can be accessed almost at will and the other half have much higher gates.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, they are a F2P game that should be trying to cater to casuals and get more people spending 10-30 bucks a year. Somehow they decided to implement every game system around a tiny amount of whales that can play their game like a job and equate any QoL to easy mode.

Also, why the shit is there no Syndicate or Incursion scarab? They are do fucking inconsistent with implementation of how to access content that half the Masters can be accessed almost at will and the other half have much higher gates.

The core masters who you can activate on the map device do not have scarabs. You can sextant them as well if you need more. Incursion isn't bad though because you can run white/yellow and one red as needed.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The core masters who you can activate on the map device do not have scarabs. You can sextant them as well if you need more. Incursion isn't bad though because you can run white/yellow and one red as needed.

Bro, there are literally Bestiary and Sulphite scarabs. The rusted ones guarantee the master mechanic.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So my gems are 18 and I was running t15 at awakening 7 and I’ve scaled crit rather than going EO, but spellslinger VD is unimpressive. I thought swapping to crit would help but meh. Kyth said zdps. It truly is. I’d rather go CoC VD. It’s better. My wand is only ok, so I might splurge on that and maybe a 21/20 VD and spellslinger tomorrow. If that doesn’t goose me some, I’m probably done for league. Also, I’m running ele weakness and not really using charges. That’s one area to help with crit. Also way over resist, so there’s some tweaking I can do to scale there. I ditched DD and added HoAsh. Could maybe slide in precision and get the eye with multiplier.

Total investment is about 10-15ex.
My hangup with spellslinger VD showed itself well before exalts worth of investment. I keep interrupting my barrage, leaving corpses spawned but no balls. Also, the delay between clicking and shit finally dying is just fucking maddening. Not even DOT builds are this slow. I was hoping Inpulsa would help but apparently the corpse explosion on VD is not enough to reliably blow up a pack. After I realized that a typical VD build doesn't scale the corpse explosion part, I gave up on the build.

Why do you think it's zdps though? The dps seems respectable on paper.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I can figure how to craft something like a warlord helm where I want some related rare affixes. Reforge until you land related affixes and the rest of them are targetable, finish up the item with annuls, augs, and benchcrafts.

Where do I even start if I want to craft a Shaper staff like this?
Code:
157% increased Lightning Damage
+32% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+2 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems
+3 to Level of all Lightning Spell Skill Gems
+1 to Maximum Power Charges
{crafted}{range:0.5}(8-10)% chance to deal Double Damage
I've been staring at CoE for 10 minutes and there just seems like too many affixes with the same harvest tag for any targeting happen. Is it the same as the helm just your first step, targeted reforging, is going to be 100x longer?

I swear I saw a post/video for making a similar staff--which I can't find. Alt+aug for all spells and crit multi and harvest craft the rest.

Caeden

My hangup with spellslinger VD showed itself well before exalts worth of investment. I keep interrupting my barrage, leaving corpses spawned but no balls. Also, the delay between clicking and shit finally dying is just fucking maddening. Not even DOT builds are this slow. I was hoping Inpulsa would help but apparently the corpse explosion on VD is not enough to reliably blow up a pack. After I realized that a typical VD build doesn't scale the corpse explosion part, I gave up on the build.

Why do you think it's zdps though? The dps seems respectable on paper.

My chasing a a7 map boss and a metamorph around for 5 minutes each was sad. I did go for VD plus HoAsh and most are running VD and DD. I can’t tell yet, but I don’t think this is for pops. Seems to be more overall dps. I’ll give that a go tonight.

I’ll probably sell off this build soonish. Any recommendations?

On my radar was max block glad, dom blow life with HoP, something chieftain and something poison.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My chasing a a7 map boss and a metamorph around for 5 minutes each was sad. I did go for VD plus HoAsh and most are running VD and DD. I can’t tell yet, but I don’t think this is for pops. Seems to be more overall dps. I’ll give that a go tonight.

I’ll probably sell off this build soonish. Any recommendations?

On my radar was max block glad, dom blow life with HoP, something chieftain and something poison.
Well, crit VD was also my recommendation, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me ;) VD/DD vs VD/HoA is about the same in DPS. I would really like to understand why the dps sucked though.

I really like the autobomber I posted a page back. Chaining pops is probably my favorite thing in this game. It's a tad squishy and the boss dps is substandard until you really invest in the build. Kythik Kythik and someone else who I'm not sure their username is here are trying it out. Both of them have said it's squishy but they're still playing it as far as I know, so take that for whatever it may be. Starter version doesn't have Doryani Vaal gem, I would prioritize that as your first expensive upgrade, it makes a huge impact on hp and sustain.

Updated starter PoB(different from what I posted a page back):

What I intend to build towards eventually. Some gear might be unreasonable outside of Harvest. Some gear might be unreasonable INSIDE of Harvest.

Other builds I've enjoyed this league just not as much as the above:
  • Bladefall Blade Blast Chieftan with some sort of autocast mechanism for Blade Blast
  • Ice Shot Raider/Deadeye/Assassin
  • Arakaali's Fang and Spectres. Hilarious clear, bit clunky on bosses
  • ED/Contagion Spellslinger. Fuck aiming that stupid ED projectile though.
  • CoC Cospri's(duh)

As for your suggestions, they seem decent. I couldn't get a max block glad with satisfying clear, but maybe my requirements for enjoying clear speed is quite high. Dom blow and HoP are quite good, relatively slept on because of spectres. Great league starter that scales deep into the end game. Just kinda boring because minion build. There's a chieftan suggestion in my list above.

As for poison, BV assassin seems popular with some pops. I hate BV, its upkeep is incongruous with clearing mechanics. Basically, stopping in middle of a screen with no monsters just to refresh your BV sounds trivial but feels bad in practice. You can get some really cheap pops with dual obliteration wands and transition into explodey chest, but even then, you're still just a worse autobomber due to the delay on the poison killing the first enemy in a pack and poor sustain. Single target will be better.

I haven't tried ranged poison builds in forever, so I can't speak to those.

Caeden

I might try poison blade blast spellslinger. I have a poet pen that i used for leveling.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The quick version of the autobomber DW posted that I set up is great for non-juiced t16s. It's one of the fastest mappers I've played in a long time. Beyond bosses, delirium mobs, Syndicate encounters can all be rough. Unfortunately, the next major upgrades are all more than I have.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just kinda boring because minion build.
Minion build is boring but autobomber isn't?

I'm trying to find a second build since as I mentioned last night it seems quite likely this is my last run at PoE. Looked at a whole bunch of stuff but I keep coming back to Ghazzy's spectre build (which was my league starter, but it got sidelined in A10 because I realized that his "budget/starter" version was actually around 10-15ex worth of gear at the time). The gear is somewhat cheaper now though, except that he has just about single-handedly ruined the market for Harbinger belts with his video talking about how the upgraded version is superior to HH. The character is already L66 and since I despise leveling in this game that alone is a huge plus in the Pro column. I never got to the point of actually using Redemption Sentries, but I don't think I've seen another build that combines insane clear speed with very high single target damage and the survivability that comes from a minion build. At least not at that budget anyway. It just looks like fun too.

• 1Like