Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
One lauge I had a couple hundred ex after I was equipped. Killed sleeper and stopped. all that came from some really really lucky drops and not crafting.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I think the idea that people need 100's of ex is kind of a phallacy too. I've probably never had more than 70ex at one time and I do experimental builds and shit constantly. I did like 6? This league. I also tend to keep "good" items in my stash for alts or guildmates or shit. Some of it is probably worth a few ex at most and a dozen c at least. If you're doing some aurabot 17 auras kinda bullshit, yeah, you may need 100 ex because they rely on such niche items. But I've always been pretty satisfied having at least 2ex and 100+c on me at all times.

Need? No? But, surely you can agree that having more currency is never bad. More currency enables one to have more builds they can play. Or, how far they can min/max them. Or get an extra HH so the filthy casuals in the guild can mess with it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This league was actually really profitable for me because I was mass crafting some garbage easy rares and selling em before most people caught onto the harvest op situation. Could have gone the Hh route but decided to just buy a buncha meme gear and fuck around with trying to craft it, probably blew like 30 ex for nothing, was fun though. My remaining currency I just randomly tossed in guild bank and it was pretty fun seeing people ninja those ex so fast lol. I think maybe next league I’ll save up n drop a HH in the bank randomly or make some kind of game outta it

Xevy

Log Wizard
Need? No? But, surely you can agree that having more currency is never bad. More currency enables one to have more builds they can play. Or, how far they can min/max them. Or get an extra HH so the filthy casuals in the guild can mess with it.
For sure. But like I've said, having a few ex is more than enough unless you're trying to make a GOD character or something with a 1100dps 1hander or whatever the fuck. I definitely like being at LEAST able to buy any 6 link armor I need, because fuck fusings. So that's like 6-12 ex depending on the league and the chest. I just don't enjoy making the entire game about getting money. I've thought about taking my 5 man crew and farming hardcore style with bots and quant and shit but eh. Best we've done is 1-2 aurabots with some quant gear and it was pretty lucrative. Lotta raw ex and high end uniques, but I think we all enjoyed just having decent characters and farming that shit solo.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I don't think anyone is arguing that the harvest mechanic should stay. All of it was terrible. What confuses me and a ton of other people is the fight against better crafting. That is what everyone loved about this league. But instead of saying that some level of that is what the developers want to move towards instead we are getting utter silence. Even Bex said that she has asked about the future of deterministic crafting and they have simply told her that they are aware of the player base conversation. What sort of copout fucking answer is that?

The best solution I saw was the guy who proposed having another currency added that you could use on another type of currency and then it would convert it into a random harvest-type style currency.

For example, use the orb of harvest or whatever on an orb of annulment, aand it would create an annulment orb that would remove a random X modifier, where X is random.

I think that would be a reasonable solution. But they aren't going to do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The best solution I saw was the guy who proposed having another currency added that you could use on another type of currency and then it would convert it into a random harvest-type style currency.

For example, use the orb of harvest or whatever on an orb of annulment, aand it would create an annulment orb that would remove a random X modifier, where X is random.

I think that would be a reasonable solution. But they aren't going to do it.

Why not add them to beastcrafting, fossils, incursion rooms, and syndicate benches? What about essences? So much of that shit is ridiculously underpowered and worthless that adding functionality there with no new bloat would be smart. But they cling to dumb shit for the sake of.... something? Like why the fuck are tormented spirits still in the game at all?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
At a minimum i'd like to keep these few things from harvest.
fracturing and synthesising, they come at a cost of no influence so they're situational even if theres a few pieces for certain builds where thats not much of an issue (like phys weapons just to name one). Just add 2 new beasts imo.
And the change x resist to y resist. Id personally like if they just added this to the crafting table, with some new prophecy chain prerequisite perhaps? The cost should probably be an ex or 2 but thats a small price to pay if you're not forced into a 5 piece gear swap to get 1 upgrade just to fix your resists.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The meme-lords have out-memed themselves and made actual builds.

Jousis's HoT autobomber makes me wish I had the desire to harvest craft a replacement for my Impulsa's.

I really shouldn't have played any version of this build. No build will ever compare with how little I have invested for this level of clear speed. Survival only sucks in places where it would suck t2/3/4 seeds in normal deliriums maps (only the fuckin blue seeds)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What does replacing Inpulsa get you? Honest question. I've looked into it myself and didn't see much beyond more dps(frenzy on hit).

I've been trying to make this build suitable for bossing, hasn't been going well. One shots(what else?) mainly. And too often I notice my energy shield leech is unable to overcome the damage from one HoT ring. They often just cancel each other out.

Last thing I'm going to try is Soul Tether and Hardened Scars. I was going to do ES on Hit Watcher's Eye, but then I remember how Lone Messenger works.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
What does replacing Inpulsa get you? Honest question. I've looked into it myself and didn't see much beyond more dps(frenzy on hit).

I've been trying to make this build suitable for bossing, hasn't been going well. One shots(what else?) mainly. And too often I notice my energy shield leech is unable to overcome the damage from one HoT ring. They often just cancel each other out.

Last thing I'm going to try is Soul Tether and Hardened Scars. I was going to do ES on Hit Watcher's Eye, but then I remember how Lone Messenger works.

Different glove slot--either algor mortis or rares with the generic cold and fire dmg after crit mods. More hp. More DPS. Is it worth it? Probably not.

I'm able to do the 4 slayers no prob but I haven't tired SIrus on the build. The budget version you posted has worked fine enough and I've done small tweaks(mostly out of laziness). ES is definitely an issue I've not really spent time on.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I switch in Algor Mortis for bosses anyway. Storm's Gift is useless there. Given what this build usually has socketed in that slot, you don't have to swap gems. Building around the change in resists is a bit of a pain though.

Can you still chain explosions with no phys conversion?

On another subject, I was interested in DP totems and Astral Projector is rare enough already that faggots were able to price fix it to 5-10x its usual price. Reminded me of the HH discussion: other people are ruining my fun.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
DP totems was on my list this league but I’ll admit I hadn’t added astral projector to it. I’m considering running it next league though. By then the Mathil price fixers will be moved on.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Atlas Guide – BalorMage

Found this on reddit, and remember there were some questions about atlast progression some time ago.
It's well written and very methodical and i'll definetly be using it over my usual haphazard way for next league.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's a PoE "gauntlet" going on right now. Unsure on the rules, but I know it's ssfhc. Think it's like an 18 hour race or something? Usual racers are in it, but Mathil is in it too which is great because he's already conceded defeat. He's going way off-meta as a HoAG Cobra Lash Pathfinder and apparently he was like 20 levels behind the top 20 people and was still top 6 Pathfinder in 1000 people.

He died once in the first two hours too, but I missed it.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
next league is gonna be about pets? if so, then GGG is running out of ideas and is doing an adaptation of Bestiary.