Path of Exile

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I felt that exact same way about curse immunity & finding that stupid passive on a cluster jewel that made cyclone immune to curses (or channelling spells, whatever it was).

When do the patch notes usually land?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Tuesday late US time. Like 10-11pm EST usually. I just watch the drunk Mathil VOD where he reads them over like 4 hours the next day usually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
whoah the curse changes are huge, marks are getting changed (nerfed, really) check it out

to me, its not clear whether 'cast when damage taken' is considered self-cast for purposes of hexes here. not sure, probably not?
also, they didnt clarify whether you can have both a hex and a mark on a single target

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Movement skill, clear skill, oh shit skill, kinda tough pack that lets me setup skill(i.e. harby packs), and boss cooldown skill.

Please, no more. Warcries, marks, totems for melee, various vaal skills, etc. PoE's speed does not support this complexity. I think Alkaizer mentioned it in one of his recent videos that you're supposed to beat the game with a properly planned build and then playing the game is just executing it. He was specifically complaining about the phasing and complexity in recent encounter design, but I think the overall idea applies here as well.

Anyway, no more easy power charge generation for most ascendancies. Indirect buff for Assassins.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

A lot of these look interesting. I don't know if Blazing Salvo will be better than Fireball for clear, but Spell Molten Strike looks interesting enough to try. Barring some absolutely horrible numbers on the gems, probably going to start Elementalist Blazing Salvo Flame Wall Spellslinger. Then transition into Fireball(or Blazing Salvo) Necromancer with Kitava's Thirst.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crackling lance looks visually amazing. Should probably play a bit like Divine ire i'm guessing...Divine ire single target have to stay still and charge up while crackling lance has to stand still and spam casts.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
firestorm used to be a pretty faceroll way thru the acts and its what i would often do if i wasnt sure what build i was going to play at end game. wonder if the changes mean its no longer the case. effects wise they vastly improved it though

Xevy

Log Wizard
The skills all look pretty cool. Won't know anything until damage numbers from patch notes, but I could see a lot of early Salvo/Firestormers for sure.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sab seems to get the throwing speed required to get mines and minefield support to field good. I could never get ascendant under 0.33s. But then you can't do Indigon abuse. Bad tradeoff.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sab seems to get the throwing speed required to get mines and minefield support to field good. I could never get ascendant under 0.33s. But then you can't do Indigon abuse. Bad tradeoff.
True. But starting ascendant always feels clunky given how ascendency dependent it is. Eventually I’m probably going to roll into a CoC again or whatever looks fun of the new stuff.