Path of Exile

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would dig it up if I actually thought there was a chance GGG would implement this. I believe Balormage's idea 1-2 podcasts ago was to limit to 2 the amount of affixes that can be harvest crafted. No more perfect items. No more TFT discord because of lowered demand. However, doesn't fix that every high end item is finished by Harvest.

I liked the idea of making the more powerful crafts corrupt the items. Basically anything with an exalt type effect. Make it so you can deterministically craft but you can't spam them to create the perfect item.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Didn't they fix tailwind boots by removing the crit tag? Or are they still easy?
Yeah. You’re right. They did. I bought mine. I think they’re easier though since you alt roll it then add/remove to get decent ones.

Caeden

These changes probably just pushed me into trying Diablo 4 because POE just cannot have their game be fun for casuals. It has to hurt to play.
I’ve been on the fence. I love the game but either I’m way too inefficient or something but I feel it takes me 2-3 hours of play a night plus 6/day on weekend each league and I feel way behind each league.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
trading for crafts was kinda dumb, but if i was a ssf player i'd be pretty pissed about this change. harvest just makes the game viable as ssf, versus unviable unless u nolife or love pain.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
trading for crafts was kinda dumb, but if i was a ssf player i'd be pretty pissed about this change. harvest just makes the game viable as ssf, versus unviable unless u nolife or love pain.

Harvest didnt make SSF viable. It made SSF players able to have the same gear as if they were playing a trade league. At that point, what was even the point of the ssf league?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No trade.

Doesn't make a difference when you can deterministically get the same gear anyway. The entire point of SSF is having to work to get the gear you want. Harvest went against everything that SSF was meant to be.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Doesn't make a difference when you can deterministically get the same gear anyway. The entire point of SSF is having to work to get the gear you want. Harvest went against everything that SSF was meant to be.

Then why not make the deterministic crafts just seeds that drop in certain harvest influenced maps like fossils? Then SSF players would still be at the mercy of RNG.

The issue with removing harvest crafts is that it provided options; options that even casual players had the ability to afford. The more of harvest they take away the more the game just becomes a grind for currency to buy already rolled items. How is that different or more engaging than finding the harvest crafts myself?

Caeden

I’d argue that even now that logic means it still goes against SSF and trade designs as they’ve laid them out. So why not just remove harvest altogether?

also, I’ve sitting at 500ish map bosses ran on that one challenge. No idea if that’s a lot or not. Probably not. But I have yet to see a remove lightning despite targeting harvest, so not sure I fully buy that it made SSF any different. Still RNG.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
youre acting like you just zone into harvest and pick the gear you want. even in ssf it would take a lot of work/time imo to get really insane gear thru harvest. but its always more satisfying to finish an awesome item yourself than it is to buy it. i dont follow the belief that ssf must mean you cant have the same gear as trade league.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
youre acting like you just zone into harvest and pick the gear you want. even in ssf it would take a lot of work/time imo to get really insane gear thru harvest. but its always more satisfying to finish an awesome item yourself than it is to buy it. i dont follow the belief that ssf must mean you cant have the same gear as trade league.

It took players the first weekend in the SSFHC league. Now that they have practice with it, it would only get faster next league.

The bottom line is that harvest was just far too powerful and handcuffed them going forward as it was. You could never create a league mechanic which would have a bigger effect on your gear than harvest did. That is tremendously damaging to the game going forward. Any new league mechanic would immediately be 2nd place to target farming harvest.

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
i mean it looks like ggg is balancing around the .001%'ers like darkie that play for 40 hours on a league start and have perfect gear after doing 1000 maps and finding 200 harvests or whatever, but for most people, you arent getting every craft you want in ssf for a long time. i know this, having attempted to target farm harvest myself this league, crafting up very pricey zana stones, going full into the passive tree, and running over 100+ zana missions got my nowhere close to perfecting my gear and i ended up on tft for over 50% of the crafts i ended up needing

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I meant "no trade" quite literally. Fuck player interaction. Gear progression in SSF is only a consideration as a deterrent if it's too slow.

Caeden

Again, I fucking hate harvest overall. It stops the gameplay loop too much and it doesn’t fix that most drops are not meaningful. I’d rather have better fucking drops for harder content, meaning weighted for better rolled mods and not just orbs and base types.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Holy shit the reddit meltdown is incredible.

Harvest was worth it just for that.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rationally, and i think i said so back when harvest was ending, that i saw the issue with harvest crafting and i could totally see why it should be removed/nerfed.
But comparing how much fun i had in harvest and ritual compared to heist there's just no contest that it's so much more fun with harvest crafting than whitout...from my pov atleast.

I guess i will have to wait for next league to see how it all plays out.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rationally, and i think i said so back when harvest was ending, that i saw the issue with harvest crafting and i could totally see why it should be removed/nerfed.
But comparing how much fun i had in harvest and ritual compared to heist there's just no contest that it's so much more fun with harvest crafting than whitout...from my pov atleast.

I guess i will have to wait for next league to see how it all plays out.

How long do you think that would last? 3 harvest leagues in a row? 4? How long before the biggest complaint is that the game has become stale and you are playing an Atoll Simulator?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
The thing with harvest being good for the no-lifers is that that also affects the rest of the market... for the better IMO. What the poopsockers regard as cast off gear is great for the low-mid tier players. That sort of gear was MUCH more prevalent this league than last. At least that's my impression. It could also be that tons of people were playing a lot longer this league than the last couple. Which brings me to...

Wasn't this the most successful league since... forever? Why would they potentially fuck that up? Seems stupid to me. As others have mentioned, if they really wanted to look at the long term health of the game, they should fix the '99.99% of drops are garbage that is best filtered' problem.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users