Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck off with this bullshit. You weren't trying to help anyone, you were trying to point out the supposed overreaction on here. It is why you followed your reddit link with this garbage:

"People in general are mass overreacting to the change. They arn't removing Harvest, just increasing the difficulty of the top tier items. There's a lot of talk about how this will effect the casual players the worst but the casual players wern't the ones crafting these multi influence mod end game type gear anyway. "
How dare I provide an example of what I'm talking about... Which somehow makes it not useful information for people to have?
What exactly are you upset about here?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Am I crazy in thinking that the difficulty found in obtaining the Uncharted Realms Atlas passives was in response to Harvest? That stuff fucking my face isn't off-putting because I know Harvest exists. At my skill level and in combination with resources like poe.ninja and Path of Building it represents a reasonable path forward. It's out of reach at the moment but I've got goals. If this later Maven content is for one player in a thousand just include that in the promotional material.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
That was a very long post for something that I don’t think works, unless when Chris said ‘cannot add influence modifiers with specific type crafts’ literally meant only the exalt type crafts won’t work. Im skeptical , as it’s never taken me very long spamming the phys crafts on an i85 base to get explodey chest, and unless you’re in a rush you didn’t blow 2ex on the can’t change prefix craft that way )

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was a very long post for something that I don’t think works, unless when Chris said ‘cannot add influence modifiers with specific type crafts’ literally meant only the exalt type crafts won’t work. Im skeptical , as it’s never taken me very long spamming the phys crafts on an i85 base to get explodey chest, and unless you’re in a rush you didn’t blow 2ex on the can’t change prefix craft that way )
Its not adding a specific type of mod, its one of the fossil rolls that will include a physical mod so it will work on influenced items. Thats why you need to lock the prefix slots with an empty prefix slot first. The only remaining physical mod to add will be the explode even though its still a fossil type of roll.

This method will be usable for anything that is the only mod left of a tag. Get the prefix/suffix you want, leave an empty slot, make it so the group cant be changed then reroll the item including a mod of that tag. Clean it up with the reroll keeping prefixs/suffixs afterwards.

Last edited:

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I’m gonna start a new character and deck it out in twink gear so when I get too stoned to play for real I can start a play through where I actually read all the lore and dialog. It’ll be like easy story mode.

• 1Blown
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its not adding a specific type of mod, its one of the fossil rolls that will include a physical mod so it will work on influenced items. Thats why you need to lock the prefix slots with an empty prefix slot first. The only remaining physical mod to add will be the explode even though its still a fossil type of roll.

This method will be usable for anything that is the only mod left of a tag. Get the prefix/suffix you want, leave an empty slot, make it so the group cant be changed then reroll the item including a mod of that tag. Clean it up with the reroll keeping prefixs/suffixs afterwards.
oh ok, so this method has nothing to do with harvest if i am understanding you right? then it should work. 2ex investment for getting an explosion mod seems reasonable to me regardless, but seems undoubtedly superior to trying to alt spam it if thats the only other option. but if its just using fossil, i thought jaggeds just are 'more physical' modifiers which means it wont guarantee a physical modifier on use, unlike the harvest craft.

in the linked post it said to use the harvest reforge physical roll to guarantee explodey at the end - thats the thing im not sure will work, not sure if ggg has clarified that or not.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oh ok, so this method has nothing to do with harvest if i am understanding you right? then it should work. 2ex investment for getting an explosion mod seems reasonable to me regardless, but seems undoubtedly superior to trying to alt spam it if thats the only other option. but if its just using fossil, i thought jaggeds just are 'more physical' modifiers which means it wont guarantee a physical modifier on use, unlike the harvest craft.

in the linked post it said to use the harvest reforge physical roll to guarantee explodey at the end - thats the thing im not sure will work, not sure if ggg has clarified that or not.
GGG hasn't clarified but there's no reason to think it won't work. The reroll including a physical mod isn't adding a physical mod the way an aug or a -non/+phys would. Its rerolling the entire item and including a physical mod. We are just using meta crafting to cheat and force which physical mod is added.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would bet that there's probably crafting changes coming next league to somewhat offset the nerfs to harvest. While I am very happy that they are nerfing harvest, they really need to make up for it with something else down the line. Changes to fossils/resonators, new crafting mechanic, etc. could still happen.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, the real nerf needed was harvest couldn’t be used on double influence items. Those are and should be the gamble.

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
I don’t usually crosspost from Reddit or anywhere, but fuck me hahahah
6FA38B56-5A8E-4E92-BFAC-BD5DE7D297A4.jpeg

sometimes I actually hate how much I enjoy and love this game. Probably a feeling a lot of you long term players are super familiar with.

I will absolutely pay attention to 3.14 and see what happens, but I fully expect it to be weird and not at all in the direction I’m anticipating or anything I’m looking for as far as changes go, and it looks like that’s the general outlook from others as well. I have a feeling that after this league especially, I’m going to somehow end up hype day 1 of league regardless of any changes, start to play and immediately feel burnt out and put it down and probably not come back soon. It’s fucking exhausting watching GGG trying to somehow not gloriously fuck up super small or simple changes, not get any sort of meaningful QoL or accessibility changes, address performance, and bust nuts all over game balance and their idea of whatever the player base actually does in their own game - while simultaneously being responsible for one of the most awesome games I’ve ever gotten into at its core with easily one of, if not the most, potential for fun and gameplay options/loops and meaningful progression. Mind boggling, and I don’t want to tap out, but man it’s frustrating to feel like the people making the game are actively working against you enjoying it sometimes.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
its very jarring in how it breaks up the usually frenetic pace of the endgame , and i get how that doesnt sit well for some people.

This is basically me.

I don't hate Harvest, but the current implementation is such a pace killer. And that won't change, either. You get fewer crafts but it happens more often - that's still bad or maybe even worse, we'll see. I would legit prefer the original league version over what we have now or will soon, despite the added micro. Same goes for the proliferation of discord trading. Look at people saying trade via website is bad and trade needs to be fixed - adding discord to the required third party list does not improve that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
This change is dumb. Path of Math's video showed just how out of touch GGG is with their game. Back in the day when people yoloed exalts the pool of mods was a lot smaller than it is today. With the shear number of mods and the way they are weighted good luck on even getting something mediocre. Without Harvest I burnt out on Heist on my first character before I even hit red maps. With Ritual/Harvest I am on my third 95+ level character. Guess its time to check out some other games, I hope the next couple leagues has Synthesis type numbers so maybe they will be forced to pull their heads out of their asses.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I don't understand how people think that Harvest breaks up endgame? The best times in this game were when you got to choose the fucking endgame you wanted. Farm Syndicate? Farm Alva? Delve until you throw up? All viable paths. How can you say that completing a harvest takes you out of the game longer than delving or running a temple/hideout? Shit, farming harvest takes less time than an 80-100% Delirium map for most builds.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This is basically me.

I don't hate Harvest, but the current implementation is such a pace killer. And that won't change, either. You get fewer crafts but it happens more often - that's still bad or maybe even worse, we'll see. I would legit prefer the original league version over what we have now or will soon, despite the added micro. Same goes for the proliferation of discord trading. Look at people saying trade via website is bad and trade needs to be fixed - adding discord to the required third party list does not improve that.

I can understand this sentiment when it comes to giving your items to people and hoping they don't bail; but buying/selling items real time in a discord is amazing instead of having to fucking spam down the list on the trade site that doesn't update continuously.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This is basically me.

This is because Harvest itself is stupid as fuck. It was only a popular league because of the crafting. Everything else about it, Oshabi, the garden, the separate crafting interface, everything was retarded.

Instead of bringing back Harvest in the stupid fucking way they did, they should have added all of the relevant crafts to the crafting bench and then made map bosses and unique bosses drop crafting materials required to use those crafts. So an add fire should cost an ex+fire material and an remove fire/add fire should cost an annul+ex+fire material.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Make harvest be the unlocks for them on the bench. As someone earlier mentioned, have them be high exalted costs. Done? Their decisions make a fast-cycling bipolar teenager seem stable. Have they heard of cohesion? The entire crafting experience feels rather disconnected at this point. Then again, a lot of the game feels like that. They have several instances of multiple systems for a single solution. Their devs must be hourly.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Delete harvest.

Add flavored exalt and annul orbs, IE fire exalt, cold annul, etc.

Make them only drop from bosses similar to conq orbs? Or add them as an enchant reward for some of the juiced labs or something idk.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Make harvest be the unlocks for them on the bench. As someone earlier mentioned, have them be high exalted costs. Done? Their decisions make a fast-cycling bipolar teenager seem stable. Have they heard of cohesion? The entire crafting experience feels rather disconnected at this point. Then again, a lot of the game feels like that. They have several instances of multiple systems for a single solution. Their devs must be hourly.

You'll never convince me that that fat fuck Neon isn't running a massive RMT side hustle.

It's the only thing that tracks for why some of the insane shit stays the way it is.

• 2Like