Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So, aside from Vortex SS Occultist and Carrion Golems elementalist, this league i did a (shock) CoC mjolnir inquis. Tons of fun. First one I did was tanky as fuck, but I had to pour in some major exalts to scale damage. Second one was less tanky, but smashed the damage button big time. Relied heavily on LGOH. I noticed Esoro put this out there as a LL version. Seems maybe easier to gear, but this was pretty simple to start. Inpulsa, astramentis, mjolnir, lunaris, algor mortis and go. I ended up trying to stack auras to help. I do think loss of harvest would hurt htis build a bit, but then I'd just build in mind for more damage. The tanky version cleared all content except the feared. Never did try the feared on the one with all the extra crit multi.

I'm surprised on the one Mathil did that he went double arc...I ended up running a second mjolnir with a BL setup for bossing. Worked fine.

If anyone is interested:

Tanky

More Damage Version

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've got a really specific question - if you league start as golems do you farm maps that have The Primordial divination cards to get some jewels going early or do you just accept that you're going to be paying these days for starting as golems?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've got a really specific question - if you league start as golems do you farm maps that have The Primordial divination cards to get some jewels going early or do you just accept that you're going to be paying these days for starting as golems?

Would depend on the Atlas. If you can manipulate it to get a Primordial map to be exclusive to a tier, maybe, but even then its probably both easier and more worthwhile to just buy them.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Farm your own gear? What game do you think this is?

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The card drop rates are ass(well not terrible, but not good enough for the value), and it's still RNG what you get and it's likely weighted towards the non might jewels too. Googling it I found a reddit post from a few months ago I had read back then with people posting various results, but it's basically not really worth it unless you play SSF, you're better off just playing normally and spending your first chaos buying overpriced jewels. If you want to sit down and farm a single map you might as well farm the card while doing it, but it'd probably be better just spreading out and completing the atlas for overall progress. You can map easily until red tier without the jewels, especially now that you can have aggressive golems without might. You just add spectres or skeletons or whatever to the mix until you have all your primordial shit setup.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just saw a vid related to this the other day. No idea if it treads some of the same ground you've already gone over, but it might be helpful.

Check it out:

Just as an end of league thing this build really was idiot proof and took me further than I had ever gotten with a Sirus 8 kill. I went through recently doing the same thing as an Elementalist as the grass constantly seemed greener and that shit all worked just fine too.

• 1Solidarity

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wanted to try one more build before giving up on the league and made a Bladefall/Bladeblast Inquisitor and hated the playstyle. I searched POE for something to blow my regrets on and found this gem:

I'm only 84 and haven't put a whole lot of currency into it other than a explode chest and a 6l disintegrator, but it has been my favorite of the league by far. It took all the problems I had with BF\BB and automated it. Permanent fortify with overlord on a jewel is really nice for QOL too. I'm not sure how it would do with end game stuff, but for clearing and lower map bossing it's pretty legit so far.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wanted to try one more build before giving up on the league and made a Bladefall/Bladeblast Inquisitor and hated the playstyle. I searched POE for something to blow my regrets on and found this gem:

I'm only 84 and haven't put a whole lot of currency into it other than a explode chest and a 6l disintegrator, but it has been my favorite of the league by far. It took all the problems I had with BF\BB and automated it. Permanent fortify with overlord on a jewel is really nice for QOL too. I'm not sure how it would do with end game stuff, but for clearing and lower map bossing it's pretty legit so far.
As long as standing still in this game is a mistake, combo skill will always feel bad. I found it funny they introduced BL/BB the same league as Spellslinger. Like there's two factions of devs taking shots at each other's design philosophies.

I like the creativeness on this one. How reliable is it though? If I understand it correctly, you Cyclone a target, wait for it to crit(negligible amount of time), wait for bladefall to leave blades, wait up 1.2s for Vengeance to proc, hope it crits, that procs blade blast, pack dies?

I finished the league with a Poet's Pen Spellslinger to automate the same skills. Defenses were shit though, how's this one?

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As long as standing still in this game is a mistake, combo skill will always feel bad. I found it funny they introduced BL/BB the same league as Spellslinger. Like there's two factions of devs taking shots at each other's design philosophies.

I like the creativeness on this one. How reliable is it though? If I understand it correctly, you Cyclone a target, wait for it to crit(negligible amount of time), wait for bladefall to leave blades, wait up 1.2s for Vengeance to proc, hope it crits, that procs blade blast, pack dies?

I finished the league with a Poet's Pen Spellslinger to automate the same skills. Defenses were shit though, how's this one?
Inquisitor can hit 100% crit pretty easily now after the changes. Disintigrater also gives free battlemage. I'm running a diamond flask to cap crit for now, but with more points and better gear it would be capped without it. Between knockback on the cyclone, fortify on every hit, and some leech it has been pretty tanky so far. Glorious Vanity also has interaction with inquisitor regen that keeps ES up and gives quite a boost to ehp. The amount of blades and blade blasts going off gets pretty crazy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
HAHAHA WHAT FUCKING GAME DOES CHRIS PLAY

TALISMANS WERE TOO GOOD WITH THE WEIGHTED ROLLS, SAID LITERALLY NO ONE EVER

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can't wait for people to bite off more than they can chew, like Delirium, complain to GGG, like Delirium, and then get the end trial difficulty nerfed, like Delirium(on-death BS needed to be nerfed regardless).

HH as a general drop seems...wrong. For people that don't like it and people that do as a chase item.

Will watch videos later on youtube. Twitch doesn't like my adblocker.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
HAHAHA WHAT FUCKING GAME DOES CHRIS PLAY

TALISMANS WERE TOO GOOD WITH THE WEIGHTED ROLLS, SAID LITERALLY NO ONE EVER
Didn't watch the source yet. But maybe he means the "reroll an item a bunch of times" system. Which...I don't think we've experienced with Talismans yet.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Didn't watch the source yet. But maybe he means the "reroll an item a bunch of times" system. Which...I don't think we've experienced with Talismans yet.

Nope, he literally said that the buff to talismans was to give them all an anointment and to have them all be well rolled. He said that led to talismans that were crazy and that they were taking away the well-rolled portion.

Lab changes are the only thing worth a shit. Of course Ritual goes core for more bloat. Gonna pass this league.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still didn’t see anything that suggested they actually improved item drops except during the campaign? Like...who the fuck cares!!! When will running content drop good gear?

anyway. Felt like a beaten wife. I need the hype to wear down to decide. Frankly looks cool.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Super noticeable....

I was really hoping Ritual was just a testing ground for Ultimatum, they visually look similar.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
When the fuck are they going to allow non story leveling path. I used to alternate seasons and now I barely want to log in once a year from burn out on doing that shit 100+ times.

Ultimatum looks cool but would 100% would ruin ssfhc for me since I would pick harder and die repeatedly =O

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users