Path of Exile

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Haha, Chris just said that the most likely trade change was them integrating their fucking atrocious trade website into the game client.

PoE is fucked. They're just going to hemorrhage players as other games surpass them until the only people left are the ones that like beating their dicks up against a nailed wall.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Reward reworks all sound good. This is shit that has needed to happen for a very long time.

Lab speed runners on suicide watch. That one dude just lost his fucking fulltime job. Lab trials from offerings makes SSF actually potentially viable for normies.

Blood skills look sick. Kinda mad none of them are an attack. Though I suppose if reap was an attack they may as well just delete sweep from the game.

Beast split nerf is going to upend the entire trade economy. No more 6l bases printed to infinity day 3 etc.

Veiled changes scare me. Sounds like no changes to the cancer that is getting specific veiled crafts like elreon, and they are potentially even nerfed? They could really fuck entire swaths of builds depending on what bench crafts they nerf. Say phys % bench craft gets cucked, how the fuck do you league start as melee anything then? Good luck transitioning your trashcan campaign weapon in to mapping without a stepladder from the bench. Maybe they'll delete the trigger craft and it'll all be worth it.

Actual league mechanic looks...fine? Not terribly exciting, but also un-obtrusive so who cares if you don't like it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Nice to get confirmation that it's literally only Chris that keeps HH the way it is.

At least the rest of his team isn't retarded, they are just getting cucked by him being a fucking dinosaur in terms of design.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Nice to get confirmation that it's literally only Chris that keeps POE from being truly great.

At least the rest of his team isn't retarded, they are just getting cucked by him being a fucking dinosaur in terms of design.

FTFY

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haha, Chris just said that the most likely trade change was them integrating their fucking atrocious trade website into the game client.

PoE is fucked. They're just going to hemorrhage players as other games surpass them until the only people left are the ones that like beating their dicks up against a nailed wall.

I'm not touching this game again till there is an AH. Putting up with that stupid website drains any fun I get out of the game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Talismans not being super rolled sucks, but I get it. If they didn't do that why would you ever, ever, EVER use a rare amulet? You wouldn't. That would also nullify one of Jorgen's Syndicate crafts as you're supposed to gamble high end rare amulets for a sick talisman implicit with him. Rare amulets would be leveling gear only if you could find god rolled amulets with god implicits and THEN use vaal oils to change the enchant. It sucks, I loved Talisman's being free awesome necks, but I see why they did it.

HH off any mob is cool. Means there will be more out there so it's devalued and people won't be butthurt about people who target farm it one of the 13 fucking ways already to do so.

League looks sick, calling low life Chieftan as a meta right now. Think there's also some super regen while low on hp items/nodes out there I can't remember. Can't wait for all the one shots though in the RIP vids.

PoE2 looks like D4 wishes it could look.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I’m the only one that doesn’t mind the site. I just hate interacting and scams. I think a b/o AH that’s only active if you’re online is a great compromise.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Talismans already could never compete with regular amulets because of influence mods, your argument is invalid.
Talismans not being super rolled sucks, but I get it. If they didn't do that why would you ever, ever, EVER use a rare amulet? You wouldn't. That would also nullify one of Jorgen's Syndicate crafts as you're supposed to gamble high end rare amulets for a sick talisman implicit with him. Rare amulets would be leveling gear only if you could find god rolled amulets with god implicits and THEN use vaal oils to change the enchant. It sucks, I loved Talisman's being free awesome necks, but I see why they did it.

Talismans can't have influence and thus by default can never be better than a non-talisman amulet, so I'm not sure what rare amulets you think would never get used here. Regular base-rare amulets already never get used, through no fault of talismans.

Being able to annoint rigwolds amulet is pretty interesting at least.

Podcast with Rory he basically confirmed explode mod on chests is done for, fucking finally.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think I’m the only one that doesn’t mind the site. I just hate interacting and scams. I think a b/o AH that’s only active if you’re online is a great compromise.
Aren't scams, interaction, and not an AH strongly linked?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

And paying tons of money apparently to play dress up.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Just finished watching the POE 2 and Ultimatum stuff. Honestly it all sounds pretty good overall.

-Rebalancing old league content is great.
-The new skills look sick.
-New low life stuff will be fun to play around with in POB.
-Vaal skill reworks is long overdue and very welcome IMO.
-Veiled chaos orbs are a bit wtf, but a semi-deterministic crafting option? Hard to say at this point.
-Ultimatum content looks pretty cool. Almost like a deal-or-no-deal or Monty Hall game theory thing going on there.
-New items look interesting, and it sounds like lots of old items will get upgraded/rebalanced.
-Beast crafting + harvest nerfs makes it so it looks like expensive 6-links are back on the menu and uber chests in general are off of the menu. boooo.gif

There's always some gotchas in the patch notes so it's premature to break out either the champagne or the pitchforks but it looks like this will be far from the heistworst league they've done.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You would get a good rare talisman and Jorgen 1-3 it for a Talisman implicit. That was rare talisman's high end value as you said yourself you can't tali-slam an influenced item. Influenced talismans are obviously better than rare talismans in a 1:1 ratio (for 99% of builds), but some of the implicits on Talismans are REQUIRED for builds (additional zombie, cold damage as fire damage, bigly attributes, etc). With the way Talismans smart rolled you'd do what we probably did the last league for everyone and shop for the Talisman you wanted with an annoint you COULD use, and get it for like 15c because they were abundant as fuck.

Also you're forgetting the changes to annuls and influence modifiers in Harvest you're going to be shaping rare necklaces before Conq Slamming them as God intended.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
You would get a good rare talisman and Jorgen 1-3 it for a Talisman implicit. That was rare talisman's high end value as you said yourself you can't tali-slam an influenced item. Influenced talismans are obviously better than rare talismans in a 1:1 ratio (for 99% of builds), but some of the implicits on Talismans are REQUIRED for builds (additional zombie, cold damage as fire damage, bigly attributes, etc). With the way Talismans smart rolled you'd do what we probably did the last league for everyone and shop for the Talisman you wanted with an annoint you COULD use, and get it for like 15c because they were abundant as fuck.

Also you're forgetting the changes to annuls and influence modifiers in Harvest you're going to be shaping rare necklaces before Conq Slamming them as God intended.
Oh yeah, God forbid you get an early maps amulet for 15c while taking time to find your endgame amulet. That surely was too much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't mind the trade system until I go to buy something like oils or a map and then fuck that whole fucking thing. I'd love to be able to acquire the bits and bobs that would let me better customize my play experience but I'm not going to fucking send twenty messages to buy a scarab. Path of Exile would be on a whole different level for me if I could just click and buy that jazz off a traditional marketplace. Even if I had to go to every single person's hideout and interact with an NPC it would still be fine.

• 3Like
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 3 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
dude holy shit that new unique shield with every timeless jewel mod lol. my heads exploding just looking at it. i can almost guarantee someone is going to come up with something that will break the game with that

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
dude holy shit that new unique shield with every timeless jewel mod lol. my heads exploding just looking at it. i can almost guarantee someone is going to come up with something that will break the game with that

Depends what the unknown passive does. The others all piled together do basically uh, nothing, so that last unknown one better be something special.

Caeden

Aren't scams, interaction, and not an AH strongly linked?
Yes and no. I should have written more. Say you had the same site but when you whisper or copy a text over or clicked a button it completed the transaction in game. No problems then. Didn’t send a whisper to someone but essentially did something in the background. Mainly saying the site itself isn’t the issue and that functionality is fine if the buy was automated.

but yeah. Best do that in client. And I’d assume easier but you never know with GGG

Caeden

Also as someone who’s second favorite skill after cyclone is perforate, explode being gone just fucking destroyed its ability to somewhat clear at an acceptable rate.

frankly, they need to slow the fucking game down or do something to fix the clear on a whole host of skills and builds.

that said with explode gone (and i sorta hope it is), I’ll play to support that move.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I must've missed it, what did they say about explode chest? And is it just the crusader mod or stuff like inpulsa too?

Other than that, league looks ok. The economy chages are good. Skills look visually bad ass and interesting, especially reap but i totally thought it was an attack.