Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
1618596018221.png

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Chieftain or inquis for bf/bb? I'm really thinking i might try the inquis...just seems a higher ceiling than Chief.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looks like I may go with witch and try out burning arrow elementalist for something new (to me). It was either that or the Steel skills which I still think are going to be pretty strong.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Burning arrow looks sick but I'm leery of trying to buy a xoph bow and a primordial chain week one.

Think I'm gonna go full retard and go fire cyclone chieftan using petrified blood and lifetap/bloodthirst. Stack some endurance charges, get big regen, don't reserve more than 49% life so I get overleech, chieftan phys > fire, maybe it's all enough to not explode instantly. Get to like 7k life and the flat phys from bloodthirst looks nuts.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Chieftain or inquis for bf/bb? I'm really thinking i might try the inquis...just seems a higher ceiling than Chief.
Chieftain. Inquis has more damage potential but is a million times more squishy and is harder to gear high end because of full converting (assuming you're going crit pen). Also the "high end" is like almost moot when you can get a good chieftain up to insane damage numbers for less. Inq definitely has a higher ceiling, but we're talking like 50mdps vs 150mdps and at that point who cares?

Chieftain will kill everything and die a lot less bottom line. Inquis is good if you're mid league and got money, but stuff like leech and full convert can be annoying for Inq.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Inquis version with corrupted soul and life as ES chest craft is insanely tanky and has like 3k combined regen lol.

You full convert with a vulconus which should be even more readily available now with their unique drop changes.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sure, I get that, but doesn't soul prevention time mean you can't use it to clear?

You might be able to with prevention time down to 1 second. With as fucking gigantic as the vaal version is it might recharge itself at the outer edges if you have the density heh.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sure, I get that, but doesn't soul prevention time mean you can't use it to clear?
I doubt you need more than one of those slams to clear a screen(and I'm sure regular ground slam has no issues clearing) and soul prevention is only 1 second now so not as bad as before.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Inquis version with corrupted soul and life as ES chest craft is insanely tanky and has like 3k combined regen lol.

You full convert with a vulconus which should be even more readily available now with their unique drop changes.
Well then you're looking at Vulconus (Elder guardian drop) and a Doryani's Jewel (4way+) before your build is rolling. That's not great for starting. That's like a week into the league type deal.

And I'm assuming with Vulconus you're going Battlemage, up to Inevitable Judgement, and just Sanctuary. Kinda sucks because ele immunity was one of the greatest things, but battlemage Vulconus is a lot of damage I suppose. Not in love with the fact you essentially only have full convert 50% of the time (4 seconds every 8 seconds for full fire conversion). It just seems like a high end thing with a lot of little things that just aren't as smooth as going chieftain with all rares.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well then you're looking at Vulconus (Elder guardian drop) and a Doryani's Jewel (4way+) before your build is rolling. That's not great for starting. That's like a week into the league type deal.

And I'm assuming with Vulconus you're going Battlemage, up to Inevitable Judgement, and just Sanctuary. Kinda sucks because ele immunity was one of the greatest things, but battlemage Vulconus is a lot of damage I suppose. Not in love with the fact you essentially only have full convert 50% of the time (4 seconds every 8 seconds for full fire conversion). It just seems like a high end thing with a lot of little things that just aren't as smooth as going chieftain with all rares.

You take avatar of fire on the tree and and just get the full crit and conversion all the time from vulconus.

Prior to that though you just take avatar and the little convert wheel and it's good enough. Build definitely took some nerfs though - corrupted soul and soul tether both got doinked, along with the gem nerfs to blade blast, so it's probably not quite as much of a face roll start as it was last league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You might be able to with prevention time down to 1 second. With as fucking gigantic as the vaal version is it might recharge itself at the outer edges if you have the density heh.
I would agree if there was a vaal sunder.

I'm betting stragglers and occluded monsters forcing switching occasionally to regular ground slam will be annoying.

Or, maybe I place really high importance on one button skills. I hate switching unless the signalling is quite clear.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Yeah. Those are all good points. I’m on kid duty until tonight. My guess is inquis with some life on spell hit rings would make it ok too until you got the big dick items. But I do like tanky.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This was my blade blast from last league in like day 4 or 5 trashcan gear if anyone is actually looking at running inquis: