Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wander / Ele hit is probably my favourite playstyle. I did near identical build last league but I used Asenath's chant to cast snipers mark instead of spellslinger. Before that I did strength stacking poison assassin wander. Run very fast, attack once, blow up room, barrage for single target. Highly recommend it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Was that Replica Alberon's Warpath during Heist? Hit like a wet noodle or a truck, fuck your consistency.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah it was, never had any issues with DPS. My single target was over 50m. But this was before the Assassin and boots nerf, so probably closer to 25-30m with the same gear. Still more than plenty.
Was that Replica Alberon's Warpath during Heist? Hit like a wet noodle or a truck, fuck your consistency.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Since I recommended a build that uses an items that bounces between 50 and 70ex day to day, maybe this one won't be as expensive. Still susceptible to the Mathil Effect.

He's playing a Deadeye Wander with spellslinger to automate Sniper's Mark. Clear looks pretty fun, but that could just be Mathil. I imagine you can't be too lazy with your targeting thanks to barrage not having any spread? Also, would Kinetic Blast be better in this build?

KB would have basically 0 single target, meaning you'd have to swap in barrage in addition to removing chain probably, so not sure if it's worth the clunkyness?

Maybe KB clears enough without chain and you could just swap barrage/KB?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can put KB in your helm or gloves, and turn it into a pseudo 6-link. More than enough for map clearing. 6L barrage in your chest.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Clear and single target builds are just gateway drugs to 1-2 combo builds. Game too fast to make skill swapping whilst clearing feel good. I've played KB enough to remember those times where you clear a pack but that fatty is sitting at quarter health you're left with the bad choice of pinging him down with your now wimpy KB, or interrupt your rhythm and spend time switching to your single target setup.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Clear and single target builds are just gateway drugs to 1-2 combo builds. Game too fast to make skill swapping whilst clearing feel good. I've played KB enough to remember those times where you clear a pack but that fatty is sitting at quarter health you're left with the bad choice of pinging him down with your now wimpy KB, or interrupt your rhythm and spend time switching to your single target setup.
This just highlights what should have been an obvious design problem with the socket system as is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Adding "socketed gems are supported by x" was their way of trying to address their socket system issue without overhauling the system, but limiting it to only certain bases and making it rare kinda doesn't really solve it unless you wear those specific items and decent amount of currency to roll those mods. PoE2's system should take care of that though. Sucks it took this long to get there.

In a side note, I am looking for an Aspect of Spider craft. Will pay well!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I just want to right click the screen. If I have to press other shit arrhythmically , it better be well signaled and off GCD. I don't think PoE2's socket system will fix this. Slowing down combat might help.

Fenumus is usually pretty cheap, no?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just want to right click the screen. If I have to press other shit arrhythmically , it better be well signaled and off GCD. I don't think PoE2's socket system will fix this. Slowing down combat might help.

Fenumus is usually pretty cheap, no?
Never been a fan of GCD in games myself, as a fan of pushing more buttons I don't wanna be restricted when I can press them. Don't think the new socket system will address that though, but at least gem swapping will be an issue of the past.

Not sure what it costs but I don't wanna go through TFT and would rather pay guildies. Still lookin!

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Never been a fan of GCD in games myself, as a fan of pushing more buttons I don't wanna be restricted when I can press them. Don't think the new socket system will address that though, but at least gem swapping will be an issue of the past.

Not sure what it costs but I don't wanna go through TFT and would rather pay guildies. Still lookin!

Why would you need to go to TFT? It's listed on the trade site.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No need to go through tft, buy it off the trade website.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I... can't say I even thought about doing that. Woops. I don't beastcraft much so kinda went over my head. Thanks for that!

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I... can't say I even thought about doing that. Woops. I don't beastcraft much so kinda went over my head. Thanks for that!

It's okay, you shouldn't feel bad for not realizing that you could go to a site outside the game to try to make good things happen for you inside the game. The trade in PoE is hot garbage and they should be ashamed of the entire implementation.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm just glad this is a tradable crafting option. I'm more sad that there's no such option for harvest crafts. I'm used to using the trade website though. Had 9 years of practice :p

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I am such a retard. I messed up my summoner build about 30 points ago by following a wrong pob. That's what you get for playing phased out and not paying any attention. Initially I had 2 necro builds but abandoned the first one because it was kinda iffy. I started to become suspicious when I was doing so low dps I couldn't get past white maps. First they start similar but when they branch out to different directions. Now I don't have enough respec points to get the key passives. So I started new one and it's already doing half dps in garbage leveling gear before even getting into maps as what the shitshow did on 86. It's incredible what a couple of major passive can do when it comes to damage output. At least now I can leech the gear and gems off of that pile of misery. It's interesting to see how much dps I'll gain just by switching gear

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I am such a retard. I messed up my summoner build about 30 points ago by following a wrong pob. That's what you get for playing phased out and not paying any attention. Initially I had 2 necro builds but abandoned the first one because it was kinda iffy. I started to become suspicious when I was doing so low dps I couldn't get past white maps. First they start similar but when they branch out to different directions. Now I don't have enough respec points to get the key passives. So I started new one and it's already doing half dps in garbage leveling gear before even getting into maps as what the shitshow did on 86. It's incredible what a couple of major passive can do when it comes to damage output. At least now I can leech the gear and gems off of that pile of misery. It's interesting to see how much dps I'll gain just by switching gear

I can give you regrets if you don't want to relevel.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I can give you regrets if you don't want to relevel.

nah, I'm good, 70 already with the new one. It was quite cathartic leveling again. Plus, I don't want to be reminded of my stupidity every time I see the character name when logging on.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just finished all acts, first time through, joining the ~14% of players (according to Steam achievements) who have finished act 10. Great game. :cool:

Didn't read many guides. Was a Mace/Hammer Juggernaut and specced to Mace/Hammer, Stuns, Life Steal, Totems and had a pretty easy time almost all the way through. Some of the later act boss mechanics 1-shotted me but since you insta-respawn outside their lair and can zerg them down not a big deal. Only real complaint is when you insta-die there isn't really any log of why it happened (or is there)?

So what is worth buying? Would like to give them a few bucks.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Just finished all acts, first time through, joining the ~14% of players (according to Steam achievements) who have finished act 10. Great game. :cool:

Didn't read many guides. Was a Mace/Hammer Juggernaut and specced to Mace/Hammer, Stuns, Life Steal, Totems and had a pretty easy time almost all the way through. Some of the later act boss mechanics 1-shotted me but since you insta-respawn outside their lair and can zerg them down not a big deal. Only real complaint is when you insta-die there isn't really any log of why it happened (or is there)?

So what is worth buying? Would like to give them a few bucks.

If you are getting one shot check your resists, make sure they are maxed, this is number one reason new players get wrecked as each time you kill Kitava in the story you get a resistance penalty. If they are maxed then you need to work on your defenses, stack life and use one of the guard skills. After a while of playing you will know the one shot telegraph attacks by the bosses - movement is the main defense in poe, even the tankiest builds will get fucked at some point.

There's no log of what killed you no.

You'll want stash tabs, currency and maps are probably the major ones for new players. If you continue playing get a quad tab at some point so you can sell stuff, never buy normal tabs from GGG, always buy quads if you can afford it. Stash tabs go on sale every month or so and are 50% off. The best way to buy points is to buy a supporters pack (so you get an armor set MTX or something and points). Don't just buy points.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users