Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seems entirely justified to me. Reddit is a complete cesspit of blind rage about literally anything that isn't GGG giving them harvest back, so why would they ever want to try and communicate there?
Conversely they do have a website they own.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Seems entirely justified to me. Reddit is a complete cesspit of blind rage about literally anything that isn't GGG giving them harvest back, so why would they ever want to try and communicate there?
It's still their job to communicate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's a shame they can't be like "upgrade your Voodoo3 3000". Porting to consoles has had some serious drawbacks.

Paid 85ex for a pair of Hateforge gloves, by far the most expensive item I've bought. Many thanks to Jonkimble Jonkimble for the loan! Felt like I was making more money per hour scrounging for coins in my cushions and converting them to chaos than actually mapping.

I'm quite disappointed that my Exsanguinate character's name, IJizzBlood, has gotten NO comments from strangers when trading. JuggLivesMatter got many :(

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice! How is it going, I’m saving up for them currently. Almost had enough around the ‘nerf’ announcement but now they spiked back up so it’ll be a while

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Nice! How is it going, I’m saving up for them currently. Almost had enough around the ‘nerf’ announcement but now they spiked back up so it’ll be a while
I'll let you know probably tomorrow. Spent all of yesterday buying leveling gear and most of the mapping gear and then leveling through A5.

I don't like how much they jumped seemingly almost immediately after I bought my pair.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is Hateforge the rarest drop in the game? The price is up to ~130ex right now(95ex last night), it seems to be heavily speculated. There are 17 Hateforges for sale while there are 50 Headhunters. Now, of course those aren't directly comparable since HH has div cards and slots into more builds, thus more demand and more people willing to farm it.

Is it a good thing to make build defining unique this rare? What if bosses only dropped build enhancing uniques, but with rarity in accordance with their power level? Would that still satisfy the chase items people want?

I think Bottled Faith and Dying Sun are great examples of chase build enhancing items. Obviously, Bottled Faith fits the chase aspect a bit better, but they could easily fix that by making Dying Sun rarer.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I've been kinda burned out the last week or so, mostly because I didn't see much way to advance my build without paying mucho exalts for not much gain. BUT! Since we're approaching mid league prices on a lot of items, a Savior + Paradoxica combo have creeped into my price range so I think I'll carry on with that modification in mind going forward.

ojetd.gif

• 1Like

Caeden

Is Hateforge the rarest drop in the game? The price is up to ~130ex right now(95ex last night), it seems to be heavily speculated. There are 17 Hateforges for sale while there are 50 Headhunters. Now, of course those aren't directly comparable since HH has div cards and slots into more builds, thus more demand and more people willing to farm it.

Is it a good thing to make build defining unique this rare? What if bosses only dropped build enhancing uniques, but with rarity in accordance with their power level? Would that still satisfy the chase items people want?

I think Bottled Faith and Dying Sun are great examples of chase build enhancing items. Obviously, Bottled Faith fits the chase aspect a bit better, but they could easily fix that by making Dying Sun rarer.
That’s always been my criticism. I wish build defining uniques were way more common while uniques that granted game-fucking level power like bottled faith was rare.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

So I’m building the nghamu flame CoC bf/Bb build. Half the assholes running this are using a cheaper non-inspiration corrupted axe with no inspiration in the links while having inspiration linked to flame dash and steelskin.

people are fucking stupid.

Coloring the axe is a little pricey but I accidentally did it on one chrome. That said I’m pretty sure with a non-corrupted axe on a budget the sixth link should be inspiration and not controlled destruction. I’ll sim it, but I bet pre-bottled faith and with budget gear you’ll need inspiration to hit crit cap.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hateforge’s meteoric price hike means it’s no longer possible for me to get one anytime soon. If anyone has a pair that they’re done with id gladly pay many exalts just to borrow it for a week to try a build out on

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You might be able to give it a try with this build. I don't think they've nailed down a truly infinite Vaal skill usage like Hateforge though. I need to watch the video a few more times.

EDIT: If I understand correctly, ring plus Soul Catcher gets you 100% reduced soul gain prevention time. Soul Ripper is your souls on demand if you aren't killing anything. Master Surgeon, Nature's Boon, and/or Precision Watcher's Eye refill your flasks. Has some merit, frees up belt, gloves, curse, and timeless jewel slot while locking down another flask. Loop is perhaps a bit more fragile because it requires you hit stuff(Nature's Boon is nowhere near enough by itself).

EDIT: given how they nerfed hateforge + ballista totems, I could see them mid-league nerfing this too.

Last edited:

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
You might be able to give it a try with this build. I don't think they've nailed down a truly infinite Vaal skill usage like Hateforge though. I need to watch the video a few more times.

EDIT: If I understand correctly, ring plus Soul Catcher gets you 100% reduced soul gain prevention time. Soul Ripper is your souls on demand if you aren't killing anything. Master Surgeon, Nature's Boon, and/or Precision Watcher's Eye refill your flasks. Has some merit, frees up belt, gloves, curse, and timeless jewel slot while locking down another flask. Loop is perhaps a bit more fragile because it requires you hit stuff(Nature's Boon is nowhere near enough by itself).

EDIT: given how they nerfed hateforge + ballista totems, I could see them mid-league nerfing this too.

I messed up not buying several of those rings at 15ex yesterday. Now they're 45-100ex last I checked.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My way-too-early level 80 review of Hateforge and VLS: meh.

The good:
  • VLS in open maps is quite fun. I would liken it to pre-nerf Syndicate Operatives. You get to decide when and where to place your VLS turrets, so no retarded minion AI.
  • You can preload VLS kinda like mines/totems/traps. Boss stops monologuing, he ded.
  • Sustain is nutty.
  • Usually pathfinder defenses because flasks are broken.
The bad:
  • You're waiting ~7s after every loading screen for rage to tick up to 25. And don't think you can just add 7s onto the already long loading screen bullshit they attempted to fix texture stream. You have do something to deactivate invulnerability before rage will start regenerating. This sounds just annoying at first, but if you do something like TP to hideout to trade and zone back into active mobs, have fun running away from them for 7s.
  • No movement skill. Or, at least I haven't figured out how to do it. Chainbreaker adds 3 rage to all abilities, so I don't see how you can use a movement skill(or any skills for that matter) regularly without potentially perturbing the rage gen loop.
  • VLS fucking sucks if there are any nearby occlusions. I was doing Purejoy's, the pack of mobs in cages have no problem hitting you, but you can't hit them. Lightning Strike has some real 2000's gameplay, rough shit.
  • The DPS is not commensurate with the amount of investment. If the gloves were cheap, I think this would be an above average build in terms of dps. I was expecting more single target for essentially breaking Vaal skill usage. I'm figuring out how many attacks the VLS turret makes over its duration, which I think is ceiling(duration * APS). Then multiply PoB Average Damage * APS * aforementioned. Is this right?
  • Flask refreshing. Not only that, Alchemist's Genius refreshing. Your flasks last much longer than said buff, but if it runs out, your already drunk and active flasks dynamically lose effectiveness. So you go from little to no soul gain prevention time to untenable amounts if you don't keep Alchemist's Genius up while using VLS. I don't think it's the 4s that's the issue. I have no problem refreshing flasks as they fit the rhythm of combat and you can tell when to do it(going into a pack). Alchemist's Genius, especially single target, has no easy tell and is arrhythmic with the flow of combat.
  • lol, fuck your fps(during ultimatums).

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I definitely agree the power of the build in no way justifies the price of the gloves. They are just rarer than HH cause lol trial master spawn rates.

A lot of the problems you're having with it are just lightning strike problems unfortunately. The projectiles ground-crawl or something so literally anything obstructing them just eats the projectile. It's infuriating to the max on some maps. You're probably right it's just an artifact of the skill being ancient and having not really paid any attention to for half a decade. Do any other projectiles even behave like that? I know frost blades and wild strike sure don't.

I think today marks the end of my fair lightning strike build. Hit 97, cleared maven, both guardian fights, and the feared, but I'm still missing 2 passives and don't know what the last invite fight is? Maven felt fine aside from the general "trying to use a melee skill" against a boss problems. It's not quite as bad as trying to like double strike her or anything, but you do want to be up real close for point blank, so it's a lot of chasing her around. The feared I had I think one spare portal? That shit was fucking rough as hell. My damage is pretty good, but not good enough that maven healing any of the bosses isn't a huge fucking nightmare for me. Upside here was that the omega evasion raider build lives through so much bullshit that I otherwise have no business living through that I was able to scrape through it.

Final setup is below, with like ~80% optimal DPS checked which about all you can hope for during bossing. You'll get bursts of 100% potential, but they don't last long enough to really be worth looking at. Dropping both vaal charges and positioning well for your iron reflexes it can reach like ~8-10m DPS bursts, which has generally been plenty to clear bosses (feared aside). The bossing is nowhere near top tier, but it's more than enough to comfortably clear your conquerors/sirus during map cycles. Wouldn't really recommend it if you want to grind uber elder or feared or mavens or any of that shit.

Build absolutely cruises in maps/ultimatums though. I don't think I died a single time from 93 > 97 aside from random boss fuckups here and there while I was in a fresh level? 95% evade, fortify, wind dancer, 75/~70ish dodge, balanced wise oak, and insane recovery from both leech and on-hit life from the claw means you have to really, really do something dumb to actually die. I don't think I ever got oneshot by any map content? Stuff that did hit me could potentially do several thousand at most, but you've got some much time to react, and with ryslatha pantheon and panicked flask both counting at 50% life now you just are instantly full again for any second or third hits you may take. Evasion has the added benefit of making the ruin choices in ultimatum 100% free since nothing ever hits you anyway.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Any recommendations on a fast mapping build to do thicc packs in Valdo's? Now that I've out farmed their daily price hike, DW has killed my desire to try the gloves. Tuna's clear speed, with the ring build, doesn't seem that impressive for the investment. Maybe last league's BV pathfinder has my standards too high.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Any recommendations on a fast mapping build to do thicc packs in Valdo's? Now that I've out farmed their daily price hike, DW has killed my desire to try the gloves. Tuna's clear speed, with the ring build, doesn't seem that impressive for the investment. Maybe last league's BV pathfinder has my standards too high.

Yea I'm kinda in the same boat, just not sure what to play now. Ultimatums are brutal in terms of having enough damage or being tanky enough to not explode that it feels like your options are pretty limited.

Maybe time to go comb through the HC builds and just copy them heh.

• 1Truth!