Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone I know told me there exists this secret trove of broken op builds that the same people use every league to get a leg up on everyone else and that have been around for years and most people don’t know about. Apparently involves several common uniques widely considered trash tier that most people ignore. Anyone ever hear of something like this or is this just conspiracy

• 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Someone I know told me there exists this secret trove of broken op builds that the same people use every league to get a leg up on everyone else and that have been around for years and most people don’t know about. Apparently involves several common uniques widely considered trash tier that most people ignore. Anyone ever hear of something like this or is this just conspiracy
This sounds like a legend.

So many people who like to supplant their mediocrity by gimping themselves to off-meta builds would find this shit, and these people will talk CONSTANTLY about the virtues of their stupid builds that they wouldn't be able to keep a secret.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There are dozens of builds like this. They just have a ceiling. Spectres, Blade Vortex, spell totems, chief totems, slayer cyclone, etc. Take one 5c rare, if that, and can get you to 100+ Atlas with a tabula. These builds just don't do 15m Shaper DPS or anything so outside of racing and league starts no one cares. And when they're deep enough in to launch they have items to pivot to a better build, so you won't see them on PoE Ninja passed day 3 or 4. Just how it be.

I mean look at HCSF stuff. In Ritual I watched DSLilly get to like 99 in literally just rares. Some decent 2hand axe, 5 links only, hp tri resist gear. Watched her do A8 several times.

The builds are there, but save a few like miners, cyclone, or skellies, they just don't blast A8 shit well enough so people switch off them.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hm Tuco Tuco replying to my post after disappearing from this thread for like 7 years, what is he hiding 🤔

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Guys don't look into offbuilds, stick with the meta. I need to eat.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did you leave out the part where you told this guy how stupid he was?

• 1Ice Burn

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like if you know how to fish, you know how to print mirrors.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp, my reintroduction to PoE Pushing In My Shit continues.

A6 Sirus, made it to the last stage but did not finish. Half of my deaths, as discussed, were me having no idea where I was or where he was. He ended up on the fucking stairs to the cathedral at the end as well, worst positioning ever.

Then I did my first Shaper in 2 years, and unfortunately I forgot to turn off the Maven. Yeah, nothing like fighting 2 Shapers half the time. The best was standing in Zana's bubble while the Maven Shaper slammed me into the dirt. Awesome stuff.

Muscle memory has returned. I am something like 148 in the Atlas and have maybe 4 real maps and the rest uniques remaining. I still die to trivial shit (like a mass of Legion rares, or extra projectile Incursion masses of mobs, trying to escape level 80+ Heists), but in general I do ok - until I don't. Which is PoE in a nutshell.

Still enjoying it, outside of my typical end game frustrations. Thinking about starting up a Chieftain BF/BB as I have deleted the Inq one.

Edit - huh just had 2 missing unique maps drop in a level 8 delerium map. Kismet!

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been enjoying Corrupting Fever KB gladiator. All aspects except the single target dps is top tier. That really only comes into play when doing the Feared, every other boss encounter is more forgiving on the dps. Anyone done the Feared on a Corrupting Fever build?

Also wondering if anyone has automated a way so that you can subscribe to a loot filter for automatic updates but said updates are applied to local changes? For example, I'd like to pick up transmutes and whetstones for scrolls(fuck you perandus coin changes) but I don't want to set my loot filter to Neversink's setting in which they show up, it's otherwise too permissive.

Conceptually, this is essentially `git merge origin/master`, which is a bit ironic since I'm relatively certain everyone at filterblade is familiar with the concept of software repository branches.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Doesn't filterblade give general updates if you sync directly to your account?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of programmers...who designed the Cruelty support gem? Ailment threshold calculations are not intuitive but are kinda sorta ok because they are generally "bonus" damage. You don't really need to know how much you're shocking and chilling.

I'm using Exsanguinate in a Poet's Pen. Should my last link to 6L Corrupting Fever be Lifetap for a known 30% or Cruelty for a giant question mark? Reeks of improper asset reuse.

BTW, I hope they buff Corrupting Fever. As a supplemental 4L, it's a complete failure. You get maybe 15% more damage? However, as a 6L, it's approaching decent damage levels and it's interesting to build around. Skills with superior mechanics can be used purely as delivery vehicles for your dot. If you've played Exsanguinate with chain support, Corrupting Fever with a good clear skill(RoA, TS, KB, etc) is even better.

Would be fun for main skill Corrupting Fever to get an incidental buff.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I've been enjoying Corrupting Fever KB gladiator. All aspects except the single target dps is top tier. That really only comes into play when doing the Feared, every other boss encounter is more forgiving on the dps. Anyone done the Feared on a Corrupting Fever build?

Also wondering if anyone has automated a way so that you can subscribe to a loot filter for automatic updates but said updates are applied to local changes? For example, I'd like to pick up transmutes and whetstones for scrolls(fuck you perandus coin changes) but I don't want to set my loot filter to Neversink's setting in which they show up, it's otherwise too permissive.

Conceptually, this is essentially `git merge origin/master`, which is a bit ironic since I'm relatively certain everyone at filterblade is familiar with the concept of software repository branches.
Create your own filter, from whatever base you like, and change the tiers or create a custom rule for the currency. AFAIK, no one offers automatic custom changes when subscribing to someone else's filter. I'm not sure what ronne means. All of my filters are account bound on filterblade and I have to use the website to do an economy update. I believe it also requires relogging to have it refresh in-game.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wrapped up the league today. I didn’t enjoy this league. It felt like work. I admit I miss the old Harvest. It kept me wanting to tinker with gear or even make more builds. It gave me a goal. Meh. I still ended up with a build that smashed the game, albeit it was greatly helped by Kyth’s HH. Even then the only piece I added was a bottled faith.

I only saw Trialmaster once. Possible I failed some he was in, but since I slapped on that HH a couple weeks ago or whatever, I have not failed a single one but I did have to skip one stand in circles because kids were going apeshit and wife needed help. That was two Sirus cycles ago and who knows how many since I started zooming maps hardcore to get him. So fuck the RNG. I’m sure I’m just a few maps away, but meh.

I think I’m legit done a while. Said that last league, but I feel about like when I stopped raiding in wow. My time is way down with two kids under three, and the current atlas gameplay is just a fucking chore in late whites and early yelllows. Build diversity seems worse and the meta this league was blah. The Maven grind is a bit blah too. I dunno. The UE grind or shaping an atlas just had a certain simplistic elegance to it. Plus, I wrapped up the league fighting UE a few times. Just so much a better fight than Sirus. Maven is also a great fight still.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What build did you finish on?
I ended up coming back to LL champion. I messed with mana CoC some but it’s still just CoC.

It sucked swapping gems between clear and bossing, but call of steel almost felt like having an explodey chest aside from not removing corpses with splitting steel. I ended up having to use a blind on hit paradoxica plus cwdt bone offering to shore up defense and some removal. Mana cost was a pain. Really the build is pretty weak defensively. HH carried it in big dick ultimatums also with lgoh ring.

Last edited:

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
Wrapped up the league today. I didn’t enjoy this league. It felt like work. I admit I miss the old Harvest. It kept me wanting to tinker with gear or even make more builds. It gave me a goal. Meh. I still ended up with a build that smashed the game, albeit it was greatly helped by Kyth’s HH. Even then the only piece I added was a bottled faith.

I only saw Trialmaster once. Possible I failed some he was in, but since I slapped on that HH a couple weeks ago or whatever, I have not failed a single one but I did have to skip one stand in circles because kids were going apeshit and wife needed help. That was two Sirus cycles ago and who knows how many since I started zooming maps hardcore to get him. So fuck the RNG. I’m sure I’m just a few maps away, but meh.

I think I’m legit done a while. Said that last league, but I feel about like when I stopped raiding in wow. My time is way down with two kids under three, and the current atlas gameplay is just a fucking chore in late whites and early yelllows. Build diversity seems worse and the meta this league was blah. The Maven grind is a bit blah too. I dunno. The UE grind or shaping an atlas just had a certain simplistic elegance to it. Plus, I wrapped up the league fighting UE a few times. Just so much a better fight than Sirus. Maven is also a great fight still.
I’ll take the hand me down HH if you’re finished. I should be on tonight around 8 cst.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Finally got to maps last night on my Marauder Sweep build. Yes I'm THAT casual these days. But I didn't start until the beginning of May.