Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Forbidden rite is nuts isn't it? It doesn't say you can't spell totem it and totems easily get like 15-20k life?

Behead is actually probably good as well? Low life being 50% means it's pretty relevant most of the time, and generic 49% more is close to or is the best damage support left in the game?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I've never feigned it. Never shilled. I just don't complain like the general forum dwellers and redditors about every possible thing that isn't "my way". There's always dumb shit and steps backwards, but there's always progress and new interesting shit too. This is the first patch I've seen in a while that has very few silver linings. That said, I'm still going to play it but I'm not nearly as excited after the patch notes as I was with the previous several leagues. The big thing is people QQing and whining before even the patch notes, but now that they're there in black and white people can legitimately complain. Now is there validity to ALL complaints? Probably not. But there definitely is for a lot of them. This is going to be brutal for casuals and normals, but for savvy players and poopsockers it'll just be a slightly slower league start and in the end will end up power clearing maps with some dumb meta shit per usual.

You are the designated board shill for this game. Your "Harvest is too strong and is ruining the game because casuals now all have mirror tier gear" posts in agreement with GGG cemented that status and you continue to make wild excuses for the developers in the face of valid arguments from people on this board who desperately want this game to continue to be great.

I'm glad I completely skipped last league and will continue to do so as long as they keep this game a complete RNG clown fiesta.

• 3Like
  • 2Moron
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lightning strike raider from last league updated. No flasks active/no totem/no vaal haste nonsense. Would need to re-jigger the tree a tiny bit to fix up the extra 50% ailment avoidance, but otherwise the character looks completely fine:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Forbidden rite is nuts isn't it? It doesn't say you can't spell totem it and totems easily get like 15-20k life?

Behead is actually probably good as well? Low life being 50% means it's pretty relevant most of the time, and generic 49% more is close to or is the best damage support left in the game?
Spell totem is the obvious starter. Enjoy your 40% less cast speed. Also enjoy a fairly sizeable missing chunk of cast speed. It's not on Arcane Surge anymore, which Heirophant scales. Ctrl F "speed" in the patch notes, they were on a mission that a few people seem to have missed. Cast and attack speed were nickel and dimed from a ton of places. Wouldn't be surprised if most caster build end up with 25-50% reduced cast speed. Place totems -> totem activates -> totem uses skill -> projectiles fly through air -> monsters finally dead in rear view or you're dead trying move around them.

I think you sacrifice a lot trying to push above 15k totem HP. Which means this skill hits for (15000 * 0.12 + (367 + 551)/2) * 2 = 4518 in single target. Might be worth putting up with shitty totems. Might be more stupid if the projectiles can split like Blazing Salvo.

Only other caveat is that you might want to start Holy Flame Totems instead. There's no way to raise totems' chaos resistance until you get cluster jewels. Which means they're stuck at 20% chaos res and will kill themselves in just over 3 casts.

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
You are the designated board shill for this game. Your "Harvest is too strong and is ruining the game because casuals now all have mirror tier gear" posts in agreement with GGG cemented that status and you continue to make wild excuses for the developers in the face of valid arguments from people on this board who desperately want this game to continue to be great.

I'm glad I completely skipped last league and will continue to do so as long as they keep this game a complete RNG clown fiesta.
At this point PoE has gone the way of EVE to me. It is more enjoyable to read/watch someone else play it than waste the time and frustration of trying to play it myself

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
PoB has been updated, cry over butchered DPS. Some builds, like SST, will have to spare some points for mana recovery. Could use lifetap, but damn, I don't want to pay 120+ life for something with 4.5 APS.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'll go first: 6L corrupted blood builds are dead. Mana cost multipliers increasing and Lifetap jumping to 300%(fucking why?!?!) killed the build. 4L was a waste of sockets. 6L with a decent amount of investment was just a thing of beauty. The mechanics of a global on-hit dot hadn't really been explored before and now it's dead after one league. Fucking idiots.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Enduring mana flasks being returned to their former self (albeit less mana) will be very helpful. They originally came out when they nerfed all the mana leech from shit like Warlord's mark and shit. And now without curse immunity you can probably roll some other helpful stuff on there. A lot of mana intensive builds will just have to use them as a 5th flask like the olden days.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sure, but I don't want to be using that come endgame. The UI sucks for flask management. I want to pay attention to the fight. Also, charges.

• 2Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Pretty tempted to roll an aurabot and just run about in guild/global helping people kill shit. Group play is such a colossal pain in the ass, not sure if I could handle a league of it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What was the replacement available for cold dots? Also, lots of people conveniently forgetting cold dot lost bonechill.

All those words aren't making me feel better about my builds in pob. I update them and there's just too many holes to patch. SST has good DPS and ehp, but chugs mana. Traps have good damage but chug mana or all my life sustain. Holy flame totems DPS sitting at paltry amounts. Forbidden Rite totems are fucking slow. Corrupted Fever straight up murdered.

Like butter scraped over too much bread.

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Guessing Chris is a meth head and stays up 48 hours in a row banging manifestos out on the keyboard. Back and forth, back and forth. Where it stops, nobody knows.

• 1Like

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
Within a year Chris will leave GGG. If this negativity actually affects revenue (not retention) he's going to get sunsetted. Without someone as strong as Bex interacting with the masses, this company doesn't have a proper puppetmaster to continue on this way when d2 remake and lost ark starts to nibble them down.

• 1Solidarity

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The reddit crowd really are a bunch of weak willed spastics. Chris posts, it's all thanks for the communication and hey Chris that's great, GGG are amazing cause the CEO posts straight to the masses. No fucking spine whatsoever.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

LMAO from the first question about the mana we learn that they wrote the manifesto about massive changes before the changes were even made and thus not even knowing how much they're gonna change things. Sounds very GGG thing to do.
They are in a major damage control phase, it seems. Ol' Chris is even gonna be on Asmongold's Allcraft show (today?). I hope he gets asked some real tough questions and Asmon doesn't pussy out on fluff answers.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff

Forbidden rite is only good if the secondary projectiles and the explosion from one cast can hit the same target. Otherwise, it's only slightly better scaling than Dark Pact (12% of life to damage vs. 6% of life to damage and 76% more) and that's never been good. Self cast lets you use Rite with CI which doesn't work with Dark Pact but at 5% it's not that great.