Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Psa - since last patch you can now craft your flask enchants at bench - maybe I’m the only idiot who didn’t know this but yea, wasted like 30 orbs before I found out

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
After listening to the last two Chris Wilson interviews I decided to uninstall the game and, in doing so, also uninstalled:

- Yolo mouse
- Awakened PoE Trade
- PoE Lurker
- PoB (community fork of course, because GGG employees immediately become worthless to the community)
- AutoHotKey

And that doesn't even get into the fact that GGG incorporates loot filters but doesn't actually design anything having to do with them besides casually adding NeverSink's filters as default options.

I'm really glad that they tripled down on their insistence that ARPGs are nothing more than layered RNG clown parties. It made the decision much easier than I imagined it would be. The fact that I had to use continually more unsupported, 3rd party tools to make the game playable as time went on should have been the clue I needed that this was how it was going to end.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Do you honestly not use 3rd party resources on other games, at least "serious" ones? To me that looks like a tame list when I think about my WoW addons (back then, not sure how it is these days) or EVE spreadsheeting.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah. I don’t have any issues with the third party tools for the most part. AHK is the only one that really points to playability issues. You could technically do everything pob does with a Walmart calculator and some paper.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
After listening to the last two Chris Wilson interviews I decided to uninstall the game and, in doing so, also uninstalled:

- Yolo mouse
- Awakened PoE Trade
- PoE Lurker
- PoB (community fork of course, because GGG employees immediately become worthless to the community)
- AutoHotKey

And that doesn't even get into the fact that GGG incorporates loot filters but doesn't actually design anything having to do with them besides casually adding NeverSink's filters as default options.

I'm really glad that they tripled down on their insistence that ARPGs are nothing more than layered RNG clown parties. It made the decision much easier than I imagined it would be. The fact that I had to use continually more unsupported, 3rd party tools to make the game playable as time went on should have been the clue I needed that this was how it was going to end.

it would be more of a protest to play the game but not give them any money ever

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

- Yolo mouse
- Awakened PoE Trade
- PoE Lurker
- AutoHotKey

Quit being a disingenuous baby about shit.

Yolo mouse is incorporated in to the game essentially, and was never ever required for play before it was. This is personal preference at best.

Trade macros are a crutch for lack of game knowledge. Nothing wrong with people being knew and not understanding what has value, but they are unreliable at the best of times and downright misleading often. I used one my first league of play and quickly abandoned it because it was wrong more than it was right, and I wasted way too much time interacting with it instead of actually playing the game.

I've never even heard of whatever lurker is and I've killed all endgame for a dozen leagues in a row, so whatever it is is it's clearly vital to success.

Building a simulator. Literally every game in existence has simulators to varying degrees, going all the way back to basic ass tabletop dungeons and dragons. It doesn't have to be a core part of the game, and trying to bake something that complicated in to the in-game UI would be a joke.

Hotkey for macroing flasks is definitely a weird one. They've looked the other way for years on it because hardware macros on mice/keyboards are just a reality of modern gaming, so doing it via software isn't really any different. It mostly comes down to the flask system having been ignored for too long - it was a pretty interactive and interesting system back when a single map cost 10 exalts and there were only a couple dozen packs of white mobs in it. Whether they can update the flasks to be something interesting again remains to be seen.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

it would be more of a protest to play the game but not give them any money ever

The game isn't fresh enough or fun enough any longer for me to be willing to do that. There are people here who think layered RNG at the expense of everything else makes for engaging gameplay so they can have it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Quit being a disingenuous baby about shit.

Yolo mouse is incorporated in to the game essentially, and was never ever required for play before it was. This is personal preference at best.

Trade macros are a crutch for lack of game knowledge. Nothing wrong with people being knew and not understanding what has value, but they are unreliable at the best of times and downright misleading often. I used one my first league of play and quickly abandoned it because it was wrong more than it was right, and I wasted way too much time interacting with it instead of actually playing the game.

I've never even heard of whatever lurker is and I've killed all endgame for a dozen leagues in a row, so whatever it is is it's clearly vital to success.

Building a simulator. Literally every game in existence has simulators to varying degrees, going all the way back to basic ass tabletop dungeons and dragons. It doesn't have to be a core part of the game, and trying to bake something that complicated in to the in-game UI would be a joke.

Hotkey for macroing flasks is definitely a weird one. They've looked the other way for years on it because hardware macros on mice/keyboards are just a reality of modern gaming, so doing it via software isn't really any different. It mostly comes down to the flask system having been ignored for too long - it was a pretty interactive and interesting system back when a single map cost 10 exalts and there were only a couple dozen packs of white mobs in it. Whether they can update the flasks to be something interesting again remains to be seen.

Claims I'm disingenuous, then says that it is the players' fault that GGG made their gameplay interaction so unintuitive that people built simulators like PoB to figure out what the fuck is going on. Yes, clearly it is the players' fault that GGG balances around trade but refuses to do anything but provide a trade website that can only be accessed outside of the game.

Kiss my ass, you are welcome to the game and all its awful design and direction.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you guys setup rotating sell tabs? Thinking besides my ultra casualness and probably low league numbers, the reason I can't sell shit is because I'm not rotating enough.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
make tab marked for X, throw everything in there, after y duration if it doesn't sell move it to tab Z with a lower sale price, repeat?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How do you guys setup rotating sell tabs? Thinking besides my ultra casualness and probably low league numbers, the reason I can't sell shit is because I'm not rotating enough.
I did 70c, 50c, 20c. But I can see 20c not being worth it. I didn’t play this league though. I rotated as the quad got full then I’d just vendor the 20c tab out after my 70c tab got full.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Most everything I sell is 20c off of Rogs and random jewels. I probably move between 5-10 of those sales a day and the occasional 1-3 ex sale. 20c is the new 5c with how easily attained chaos is.

Think 50c---20c tabs should be fine for items that you're unsure of. A lot of it won't sell and you could add a 10c or 5c tab if you don't mind leaving maps for those sales, but I'd rather the items just rot than use portals during rippy shit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Apparently trying any form of SST right now was a huge mistake heh. Prices on everything even sorta SST-adjacent are absolutely nuts.

I don't think I've ever seen hatred conversion watchers eye's this expensive in my life.

Guess we're sticking with my flaccid trinity version until I get bored.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Build viability is more important than build diversity. Leagues are always going to have their flavors and people are always going to be risk averse.

deev

Lord Nagafen Raider
Missed the start of this league due to RL stuff and just started up this weekend. Made it to maps after a lucky exalt drop. Anyone still playing? I've got some account names on my friends list from the RR days, but would be good to get some up to date ones.

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I play a little bit here and there, made sure to finish 24 challenges (not doing 36) and some stuff like that but the league in general is pretty dead so i don't feel any urge to make currency, which is usually the goal.

Starting out in this league is probably the most frustrating part with ailments and curses, and flask and damage nerfs so good luck. But if you can somehow find a build that works i think the actual expedition league is pretty cool. Rog can make you some crazy gear and logbooks are dope.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
yhi4u07qdsi71.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users