Path of Exile

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider

1634248332704.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if Perandus getting removed lends weight to my theory that they hit critical mass with assets. Even with half-assed texture streaming, they can't just keep adding assets to the game. What gets removed for Ultimatum?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I wonder if Perandus getting removed lends weight to my theory that they hit critical mass with assets. Even with half-assed texture streaming, they can't just keep adding assets to the game. What gets removed for Ultimatum?

Prophecy or beyond, they both suck and are ancient.

I have absolutely no fucking idea what to play now. Raider nerfs look pretty extreme. I have very little faith in their idea that pure evasion is going to be a function defense plan.

50% increased consecrated ground for inquis, and the curse effectiveness? Also iron will is just a node now. Old man league maybe?

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Sooooo I have not read or seen anything from the stream, but the video makes it look like a combination of Abyss and Breach.

Someone tell me what build I will be league starting? The usual requirements - retard proof, not too many buttons, scales decent to T16, endgame viable with investment. Preferably Gladiator or Marauder base.

Edit - I love that D2R burnout is going to correspond well with new PoE league. That is some great ham and egging right there.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sooooo I have not read or seen anything from the stream, but the video makes it look like a combination of Abyss and Breach.

Someone tell me what build I will be league starting? The usual requirements - retard proof, not too many buttons, scales decent to T16, endgame viable with investment. Preferably Gladiator or Marauder base.

Literally no one has any idea. They redid the entire passive tree and we haven't seen it all yet.

• 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Well if you subscribe to them never removing masters then they cannot remove Delve, Incursion, Bestiary, or Syndicate. Their most successful additions after that are Metamorph, Legion, and Blight so I doubt those are going away anytime soon. Then there are leagues that are old and just added slight changes to the mobs/map like Nemesis, Bloodlines, Ambush, and Onslaught that will probably never be taken out. So the list gets really short. Will they take away Prophecy? Doubtful. That leaves Abyss, Breach, Synthesis, Harbinger, and Talisman. From that list they should have gotten rid of Talisman a long time ago, they have no need to get rid of Harbinger or Synthesis since they are mostly just unique maps and items, and they just upgraded Breachs to be more useful. That means Abyss is gone next and no one will give a shit.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Chris said in one of his Podcasts that Prophecy is getting the axe.

Gladiator gets free lucky bleeds if they've blocked within 20 seconds now. Still going to be a LOT of Glads for easy starters or tanky bois.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
OK let's say I want to try again and try to get into crafting which I've never really picked up on besides the absolute basics. My best league was I got a ton of stuff that was valuable and sold and such, not crafting.

Where would I start. I watched the engineering eterning stuff but a lot of that is out of date now.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Chris said in one of his Podcasts that Prophecy is getting the axe.

Gladiator gets free lucky bleeds if they've blocked within 20 seconds now. Still going to be a LOT of Glads for easy starters or tanky bois.

Prophecy is annoying because it is so fucking RNG; it is a wonder Chris would want to trash it.

That being said, I bet they have some concept for an updated replacement that has more interactive functionality with newer content.

I forgot totally about Heist and think that would be a great one to give the axe even though it is relatively new. It is a self contained area with only a few currencies that could be poofed without much thought. Come to think of it, they could probably get rid of Harvest too since they neutered most of its functionality.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Delve starts at 80 now at level 90 holy shit that's nice. Think I'll make me a delver.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Other than typical GGG'isms like the Sacred Orb, this patch doesn't seem too horrible. The Tornado skill looks fun, from the vid it looks like hitting it with projectiles also imbues the tornado with said projectile's properties? Like it seemed to turn on fire with fire skills, unless I'm hallucinating that. If it does do that, using some kind of physical blade skill with Tornado might be interesting. Lancing steel for instance. Spawn tornado, spam it with steel, Tornado shoots steel everywhere, mmmmmm. Incoming Cow MTX for this?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Have fun casting a 0.75s spell with an attack based build.
I don't think I'd actually DO that, I just thought it would be a cool effect... assuming it's even there. I don't know what I'd actually try to make tornado valid, but I'm curious to see what the memesters do with it and a lot of AOE for instance. The Extreme Paxton F5 build or something...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Battlemage's cry?
Could work, you might end up front loading all your triggers before being able to warcry again.

Probably still starting Consecrated Path Totems Chieftan. Poisonous Concoction Pathfinder looks interesting. Poison prolif solves a lot of issues Explosive Concoction had. Still not sure I want to play a targetable AE skill though, lots of moving mouse back and forth.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The nerfs to Syndicate Operates look brutal but as far as bosses go I do way better with Primal Crushclaws. I absolutely cannot get through The Hidden without them and some of the other Maven challenges turn to shit fast with just the operatives. I'm not doing Spectres again but with a different clear minion (frost sentinel seems fine, there's a lightning dude from Baran influence that's fine, probably others) it should do everything just about the same.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Something I noticed with tornado is that it says any projectiles, not just attack projectiles. So you could technically blow it up with fireballs or whatnot?