Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I am thinking of doing bane occy for a league start, should be allright. I've never played bane before though.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I am thinking of doing bane occy for a league start, should be allright. I've never played bane before though.

You could be fancy and go with the new skill

1634672903676.png

and then when it blows poof JK you were actually Bane this whole time!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did bane occy last league...It's a really good profane bloom delivery device so mapping is nice but the struggle was real for bosses. Had soulrend as extra for single targets.

I didn't invest very much into it though because i was trying to respec to CI forbidden rite.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I did bane a few leagues ago, i really liked it for clear and was able to clear A8 sirus no problem with garbage gear and gems (but a 20ex staff)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Last time I played Bane, the major issue I had was feelsbad stragglers. Stuff outside the Bane aoe was not reliable killed by Occultist pops. Having to cast Bane again just for few mobs after killing most of the screen had this weird feeling. I think that notable has been buffed since then, is that still an issue?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last time I played Bane, the major issue I had was feelsbad stragglers. Stuff outside the Bane aoe was not reliable killed by Occultist pops. Having to cast Bane again just for few mobs after killing most of the screen had this weird feeling. I think that notable has been buffed since then, is that still an issue?

Sadly thats true

And this is just cruel...Adds or remove

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No one's going to use that, scourging/corrupting an item will be the last step. I mean, that was already the case. But kinda silly to see item currency design that ends up incentivizing to NOT use it.

Disclaimer: unless this is counterintuitively common.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So um, I guess in SSF you might get a dropped corrupted item that maybe you wing one of these at? Maybe use on something Rog corrupted?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wasted development time by the same people who believe you close your eyes and slam-craft your gear.
Agreed. Expensive crafting currency and trade economy are nearly exclusive. How can you properly balance and incentivize players when most players will sell their orbs chaos and up?

So, instead of "get excited for this new rare currency", it's "get excited for this drop you'll sell to partially fund your next big purchase". Yay? I don't mind them developing content for few players. But for the content to also implicitly remind players of how the sausage is made, not so great.

36 challenges since I think Incursion. Never chaos spammed. Never exalt slammed. Never conq exalt slammed. Never awakener or maven orbed. Annuls rarely on items with potential but worthless pre-annul. Really hate how they continue to develop content that encourages use of a shitty trade system that they'll never fix.

They irony is that they nuked Harvest and 3.14 Aisling yet the economy is the ultimate form of deterministic gear progression. Every form of expensive gambling they add just pushes players farther away into the determinism GGG purports to dislike.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
36 challenges since I think Incursion. Never chaos spammed. Never exalt slammed. Never conq exalt slammed. Never awakener or maven orbed. Annuls rarely on items with potential but worthless pre-annul. Really hate how they continue to develop content that encourages use of a shitty trade system that they'll never fix.

You have never reached a point where you were 100% done with a league but had some shit lying around and just started mushing it together like a nine year old with a chemistry set?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You have never reached a point where you were 100% done with a league but had some shit lying around and just started mushing it together like a nine year old with a chemistry set?
Valuable currency is given away at that point.

Or sits and rots out of spite if no takers. I don't see a point to crafting for crafting's sake. I want to craft to progress my character and say "I made this". If I'm done with league, those motivations are also obviated.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I've never played bane before, but cutedog said its a one click skill, but everything I see use ED with it too. Can I get some insight? 99% of the time I'm gonna be map clearing, I might make something seperate for bossing.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Agreed. Expensive crafting currency and trade economy are nearly exclusive. How can you properly balance and incentivize players when most players will sell their orbs chaos and up?

So, instead of "get excited for this new rare currency", it's "get excited for this drop you'll sell to partially fund your next big purchase". Yay? I don't mind them developing content for few players. But for the content to also implicitly remind players of how the sausage is made, not so great.

They irony is that they nuked Harvest and 3.14 Aisling yet the economy is the ultimate form of deterministic gear progression. Every form of expensive gambling they add just pushes players farther away into the determinism GGG purports to dislike.
I agree, but man I crafted most leagues. Usually boots, amulets or rings and that was without harvest.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's pretty easy actually, you just slam exalts for 2 life regen. Follow me for more 2.8k playtime hours tips

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Crafting is tedious to learn, but a huge part of the end game. I don't craft for profit I craft for my current builds/future builds/the hell of it. Awakeners orbs especially I just like to throw together and see what happens.

We have a guy who deep dived into PoE this last league. He had played a little bit one league before and he went fucking ham this league. Made hundreds of exalts, had double influenced double awakened elevated boots and shit he made himself. He obviously asked a lot of us a lot of questions and watched a ton of videos about it, but in the end it basically increased his enjoyment of the game by an incredible amount. He had multiple level 98s and played some of the recent temp leagues to just see how easily he can craft his gear again on a fresh start.

I understand a lot of people feel crafting is something they'll never understand so they don't bother, but that's defeatist as fuck and they're just making the game worse for themselves. You don't need the ridiculous boots and shit he made, but understanding how to get X and Y out of Harvest with just random rolls or how to lock in the right prefix/suffix you NEED and getting bonus on top will do people who play leagues past the 2 week boom great benefit. It also turns trash to treasure when you start seeing influence bases that are "bad" then you realize they have an isolated mod that's worth 2 ex to an awakener orber.

Outside of PoEbrainers like the dude who does the work for Grimro or Mathil or Steelmage, it's going to be impossible to learn EVERYTHING about every item in regards to crafting. But if you've got a build you really like and you want to continue playing a good start is to see some of the top end shit they have and when you go "how did they get that?" check for some crafting guides. A lot of niche stuff can't buy their items outright so they have to make them. There's a million how-to's on stuff like influenced helmets for minions or essence crafted items.

You can also become a shitlord and farm niche crafts nonstop for money and buy what you want. I play with some one who makes his gear for his favorite build every league, then decides not to play it, and sells it all for a massive profit. He'll often craft something that's not what HE wants, but is worth more because it hits some odd mod or two that's really good for other builds.

In the end a lot of the time, maybe most of the time, you're better off just farming currency with whatever schtick is posted, but if you don't engage in trade or play SSF it's very helpful just to learn the little stuff like not wasting all your harvest crafts or stuff to save with prefix/suffix rerolls.