Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Secrets of suffering is pretty stupid.
I only have 8-14 added cold damage on an abyss jewel. And thats enough to get like 2%+change base crit with power siphon (so not the hardest hitting skill) on Sirus, maven and others. Thats better than elevated crit mod on chests. My tooltip fire damage is 48 times what my cold is and i only get like 10-12% scorched.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So trade out some evasion for armour?
No don't do that. Get more evasion. Trade in one of your life flasks for a Jade flask. Craft %evasion on it.

Try to find different ways of mitigating phys. As an evade build you want ot make sure you don't get one shot by the normal stuff. The only thing you should be dieing to is slams. So you try and find ways to mitigate one shots. Usually that's through flasks but you're flasks slots are pretty busy. Phys taken as <insert random element> is always good, but that's done through flasks, helm or chest. Not much room there. If you can afford to switch out a flask I'd go with a Taste of Hate. That's probably give you more survivability then the Atzirir's, at slight DPS loss.

You could try switching Stone Golem for Chaos Golem but without it being in a CWDT setup its gonna be a lot of manual resummoning.

At some point you have to wonder if the extra curse given by Cospiri's is worth losing out on the much better defensible Kintsugi. I'm pretty sure Kintsugi prevents more deaths then Temp Chains, but maybe with aspect of the spider you're getting giga returns on slowing bitches down. If you're not strapped for cash you could even look to see about crafting your own rare phys taken as (double even) with +1 curse and more life.

Also max your lightning res for gods sake. Lightning damage is probably the rippiest damage in this game especially when mixed with phys.

Further upgrades would be getting despair on hit elwhere and swapping out your amulet. But defensive wise I don't know if you can get a better return then Impresence.

With that low of life you're just going to have to accept that you'll be dieing a lot, on bosses especially. But your DPS looks good enough to where you can probably do most all content sans uber end game like wave 30 etc. Just steer away from cannot evade maps, pump more evasion and life (boots really should have life, but you want to be zoomy so now you must pay the toll in deaths)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
No don't do that. Get more evasion. Trade in one of your life flasks for a Jade flask. Craft %evasion on it.

Try to find different ways of mitigating phys. As an evade build you want ot make sure you don't get one shot by the normal stuff. The only thing you should be dieing to is slams. So you try and find ways to mitigate one shots. Usually that's through flasks but you're flasks slots are pretty busy. Phys taken as <insert random element> is always good, but that's done through flasks, helm or chest. Not much room there. If you can afford to switch out a flask I'd go with a Taste of Hate. That's probably give you more survivability then the Atzirir's, at slight DPS loss.

You could try switching Stone Golem for Chaos Golem but without it being in a CWDT setup its gonna be a lot of manual resummoning.

At some point you have to wonder if the extra curse given by Cospiri's is worth losing out on the much better defensible Kintsugi. I'm pretty sure Kintsugi prevents more deaths then Temp Chains, but maybe with aspect of the spider you're getting giga returns on slowing bitches down. If you're not strapped for cash you could even look to see about crafting your own rare phys taken as (double even) with +1 curse and more life.

Also max your lightning res for gods sake. Lightning damage is probably the rippiest damage in this game especially when mixed with phys.

Further upgrades would be getting despair on hit elwhere and swapping out your amulet. But defensive wise I don't know if you can get a better return then Impresence.

With that low of life you're just going to have to accept that you'll be dieing a lot, on bosses especially. But your DPS looks good enough to where you can probably do most all content sans uber end game like wave 30 etc. Just steer away from cannot evade maps, pump more evasion and life (boots really should have life, but you want to be zoomy so now you must pay the toll in deaths)

The build I was following recommended Kintsugi, but I thought the extra curse and +1 to blade vortex was worth it. I didn't know until recently that there was a curse limit and had the second curse doing nothing for ages.

Res's are capped in game.

And yeah, I have boots with less movement speed and more life but it feels so slow going back to them.

Thanks for the other suggestions

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Also, Asshat, it looks like your resists are barely capped. If you run any maps that have ele weakness, flammability, conductivity, etc, you're going to have a really bad time. Unless you're being very selective with map mods, you should generally be overcapped on resists by like 35% or so. Having low chaos res is less of an issue most of the time, but can occasionally bite you as well.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I am 49% into 92 now, after previously not making it higher than 2 bars. The new shield and moving points out of DPS nodes into spell suppression has definitely helped.

• 1Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
From what I've read on the wiki, the math on armor and evasion force you to hard stack them otherwise they're near useless. Mixing both seems like a bad idea.

I'm doing an evasive build and my tankiness went way up after getting a Watcher's Eye with 'chance to evade attack hits while affected by Grace'. It seems quite overpowered to me. Buy one and divine it to 8% if you use Grace. The second aura on mine is 'X% physical damage from hits taken as Y damage while affected by Purity of Elements'. Since I have zero armor this is quite good for me. Two aura ones are really cheap. Got mine for 20c. (later upgraded to 3 aura one with Malev for 2ex)

I have a Jade flask with reduced charges used and increased evasion that autocasts. It's up 100% of the time mapping and 95% of the time bossing as a pathfinder. My sheet chance to evade attacks is 91-92%. 92 when Alchemist's Genius procs, which I get from a Brutal Restraint jewel. The jewel also lets me blind on hit which reduces mob accuracy.

Basically I go long periods of time taking nearly zero damage then get two random hits in a row and explode. Undodgeable physical attacks from bosses are also nasty. Dex builds have easy access to spell suppression so I'm 100% in that. Made my mana flask a hybrid flask with instant healing since with 3 auras I don't need much mana from the flask and just need enough to jumpstart a leech. I feel pretty strong for maps though and boss mechanics kill me more than anything. Mob accuracy mods on maps are dangerous but I ignore the rest for maps; invitations are another matter. Not a build to run if you want to hit level 100 but I made 97.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Stacking phys dmg taken conversion and spell suppression as an evasion build is the play. I've seen rangers face tanking wave 30 Kosis and A9 Sirus die beams just fine.

• 1Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Is the converted damage mitigated by suppression? Scorgue maps doing elemental damage when shifting was not. If it is that's kind of sick

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is the converted damage mitigated by suppression? Scorgue maps doing elemental damage when shifting was not. If it is that's kind of sick
Short answer yes.

Spell supression doesnt care if the damage is elemental (or phys or chaos or converted from one to the other). It only cares if it's a spell hit (+ailment from said hit) and not an attack.

Not sure what the scourge shifting damage is classified as.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Short answer yes.

Spell supression doesnt care if the damage is elemental (or phys or chaos or converted from one to the other). It only cares if it's a spell hit (+ailment from said hit) and not an attack.

Not sure what the scourge shifting damage is classified as.
Scourge shifting is all messed up. Ifaik it doesn't count certain things, I think it was immortal call and stuff like that? It's definitely not an attack or spell, I think it has its own class. But certain things like Endurance charges don't affect the physical damage taken shift for example. It honestly sounds like it might just be bugged.

On another note, I highly suggest playing a high clearing map build this league. Whether its farming low tier shit with MF or high tier stuff like nem3 the pack sizes in this league are really on another level. Having a ton of fun doing towers and really want to push my PF PC build into nem3.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Has it been proven that annul orbs are unbiased random? I've had annul orbs brick my item every single attempt after ~15 tries and 3 times out of 4 it takes the life roll on items with 4-6 mods. I'm like 6 times in a row it's taken the life roll. This has to be struck by lightning level of probability. I'm going to start logging my attempts to prove I'm not crazy

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there anything obvious i'm missing that could make this str/accuracy stacking trinity wand jugg better? Would it just be better respecced to lightning strike with BLS or something?
I mean don't get me wrong it does bosses and maps just fine but with this amount of gear most things should imo. I can tank maven cascades and shaper slams/balls and phase them in a few seconds. But the biggest fail is it can be janky if the boss is up against a wall or running away and/or theres multple bosses/high hp things on screen at the same time because then hydrosphere/wrong boss can totally block all the power siphon projectiles from hitting your intended target (no pierce/chain because vengeant cascade+hydrosphere+snipers mark doubles your dps if it's not blocked like explained) and KB is a 4 link so juiced deli maps and stuff are kind of not a great fit for that. Now i don't particularly enjoy deli mapping and i've had to run haewarks for harvest, essence and Jun missions anyway and it does that just fine so it's not the end of the world for me, but i'd like to try wave 30 simus but i doubt that would work very well and i don't want to die so haven't tried it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
New 10 day leagues look pretty cool. The boss one and infinite Heist could be fun for a few days at least. I could see the Heist one having some issues with just not getting enough scrolls of wisdom or weird shit like that. The boss one just feels like 80% of the league is going to be skeleton summoners.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If Rogue's Harbor is going to be shared like it is now, Endless Heist is going to drop off extremely quickly. Waiting For Doors is gay enough already, but loading everyone's clown fiesta MTX every 2 minutes is going to amp the faggotry to 11.

Some of these events would have been a better league than Scourge. Unsure which took less effort.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These events are a joke.
They really threw in the towel for this league. Why the fuck are the splitting the player base so hard only a month after league? I thought events were for the last month of the league? And even then its like 1 event. This seems like a hard promo push to get them on the Twitch rolodex right before their big expansion announcement.

Of course this would all be fine if their trade system didn't require people to be logged in to the league to trade shit but alas here we fucking are.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's actually a few reasons they did this. Their scheduling previously had leagues launching like early December so people could play with Holiday time. The one month bump and one week bump of whichever leagues it was kinda fucked all that up. So this way people who have time off can come and play in a 'fresh' league without a stagnant economy and low population. It does seem kind of self-harming, but I think it's more for the players who play big spurts during the holidays. The league itself is weirdly doing okay, not booming or anything, but at this point looking steadier than the previous two leagues. Retention sliiiightly better, but still no Harvest or Ritual.

These leagues actually could have some issues as in previous years when launch was week 1 or 2 of December they'd hit some bugs or balance issues and then GGG themselves would be on break for like 4 days with less than a ghost crew running it. One year was particularly bad but Chris basically said he's not going to force his server guys to leave their families to try and fuck with the server stuff without knowing 100% what the problem was ahead of time.

Overall buncha leagues that range from "nah" to "neat." Heist will be fun for about 10 hours, Delve may be better than last time, but still will suck, multi boss should be interesting but people will need bossing builds which usually clear like shit. Royales will be a flash in the pan per usual. Fun for a few hours maybe until the population logs off and never back on.