Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Anyone use the crafting simulator on craftofexile.com ?
I guess eventually I'm going to dip my toe into crafting.
Worth using or other suggestions?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I usually use poe.db to look up mods and their tags, it's really handy that you can strictly view or exclude certain tags.
I use craft of exile to get average numbers to hit a mod or their emulator to make sure i find the right order to do something in and that i'm not making any item ruining mistakes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They've been building up to/hinting at Zana becoming an enemy for a while now. Whether she's actually the bad guy or the exile is is the real question.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Villains are constantly old player characters. The only way to stop them is to stop playing rather than making new characters to kill them.

• 1Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's also quite possible Zana has a bunch of new functions with the new Atlas(similar to how she gives orbs and shit), so they split it between 2 NPCs, one for the map thing that only does that(Kirac), and one for all the new map modifier stuff(and that's Zana).

I guess they could have her die in the "story" too, seeing as how she's been looking for her father's enemy and all, so she fights the new Elder God thing and dies in the process. Seems a bit of a pointless thing to do though. She could get corrupted bla bla but that's also fairly pointless so hope it isn't that. Having the old masters become crazy was interesting because they weren't that useful to begin with, but Zana is a major character so making her a boss just for the sake of it seems really pointless.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Dies off screen pre-league start oh wait she's actually the villain or she's been corrupted betcha didn't see that coming would be pretty lame, yeah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's also quite possible Zana has a bunch of new functions with the new Atlas(similar to how she gives orbs and shit), so they split it between 2 NPCs, one for the map thing that only does that(Kirac), and one for all the new map modifier stuff(and that's Zana).

I guess they could have her die in the "story" too, seeing as how she's been looking for her father's enemy and all, so she fights the new Elder God thing and dies in the process. Seems a bit of a pointless thing to do though. She could get corrupted bla bla but that's also fairly pointless so hope it isn't that. Having the old masters become crazy was interesting because they weren't that useful to begin with, but Zana is a major character so making her a boss just for the sake of it seems really pointless.

Seems way more likely that Zana turns against the exile because the exile is doing exactly the same thing that Sirus and all them did before and is slowly becoming more and more power mad/insane, up to the point now where they bitch slap a cthulian toddler and piss of it's dimension eating parents.

Monsters remaining: 1

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You know what - Poe’s endgame actually has a decent enough story. I found all the lore around shaper, elder, Sirus, and maven interesting.

Fuck you guys. I’m in.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If the new orbs are targeted annul/add then I may be back in.

So that means there is a .000001% chance I am back in.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Synthesis lore was the only one where it seemed... pointless? High Templar Venarius says some shit and does some shit but does any of it matter or anything? WHO KNOWS! The wiki says he's the one that freed the Elder, but I don't think you get that from fighting his creations in Synth maps, probably some lore added after to flesh him out.

He's kind of like a Dr. Doom though apparently in the fact that The Last to Die says the only world she's been in to survive the Scourge was the one run by High Templar Venarius.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's 13c when you stuff 4 blood filled urns with the map. Essentially, it's a high juicing option, not a toss on any map option.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone used EK with Blade Blast?

Mechanics wise, nothing much is changing but it has some advantages over Bladefall. You can use Unleash and Spell Echo for comparable lingering blade output. Bladefall can't use both without wasting a ton of lingering blades. With the changes to Blade Blast's radius, many of Bladefall's lingering blades are wasted in single target. While with Volley and Slower Proj, you might be able to put all your Blade Blasts on the target. EK is much more responsive than Bladefall and clears better now that explodey chests are nerfed.

Some issues:
-Does pierce/fork/chain "refresh" how far projectiles travel before disappearing?
-The mode best for clearing, Chain and Faster Proj, sucks for even incidental single target. If the target closes to melee range, none of your blades are going to be close to it. Even with volley and slower swapped in, there can still be a dead zone unless you have slow enough proj speed. How exactly is EK and Blade Blast supposed to be used together when you cannot easily control your blade placement?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think they want you to not use ek's jewel which is kinda meh when it comes to clearing. It always felt bad to me and slower proj will make it even worse.

I did a playthrough last night for bows and it felt pretty good until act 6, i got lucky with good rares but even with deaths harp it really struggled with blue packs. Definitely welcome the buffs but i don't think it will be a good starter, like usual.

Will probably go fireball or another spell that got buffed for start.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think they want you to not use ek's jewel which is kinda meh when it comes to clearing. It always felt bad to me and slower proj will make it even worse.

I did a playthrough last night for bows and it felt pretty good until act 6, i got lucky with good rares but even with deaths harp it really struggled with blue packs. Definitely welcome the buffs but i don't think it will be a good starter, like usual.

Will probably go fireball or another spell that got buffed for start.
Definitely not using that, this patch nor the next. And yeah, slower proj will make clearing worse. I don't have a problem with gem swapping as long as it's only necessary for endgame bosses. I don't want lingering blades placement to be so bad with clearing gems that you can't even kill map bosses though.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
League reveal at 2pm est for those not paying attention on twitch (hour from now)