Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Remember a few leagues ago when they had a seed that was set at the creation of the character or league start and they finally change it. Feels like that now. I ran the Quay zone in Act8. I needed to kill X amount of stuff to lvl so killed more than just a straight run through. 2 chaos, 3 vaal, 2 alchemy orbs and other misc. low lvl currency. Did 4 archnemesis deals to get the full recipe. It dropped no currency but some gems.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Starter(Crackling Lance Ignite Elementalist) is petering out and I don't get the feeling like investing more into it is a good idea. Clear is good, but I'm not sure they can ever do enough to Crackling Lance to make standing still 4 times in a row worthwhile.

Maw of Mischief Ignite is a ton more clunkier than I imagined. Berek's Respite does not make the clear good enough, only passable. And you're still waiting for those idiot minions to catch up to you, like every other minion build.

Someone give me their OP clearing and bossing and tanky build in one. I don't want separate builds for both.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kinda like what this guy is doing here.

Apparently back in 3.15 they changed Archmage so that it can support triggered spells. With the buff spells but the nerf almost every method to cheat their cast time, this guy put together one of the few ways that doesn't gimp their per-hit damage. Yes, Poet's Pen got a trigger rate nerf, but I highly doubt you could sustain a 150ms proc rate at 100+ mana per proc. I have no idea how to calculate this guy's dps, PoB doesn't really seem up to the task either.

I don't think he goes far enough. Why not stick a 6L orb of storms in there? With how fast you use lightning spells, you might be able to chew through all of its strikes on cooldown.

I wonder if this can be used for BF/BB...Was this explored before? Poet's Pen, Archmage Support, Kitava's Thirst all existed, mechanically, the same before this patch. Just damage numbers changed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Picked a stone golem minion build with raging spirit as boss killer. Zoomed through the acts no problem. I don't think I died past act 5 or so. Will be interesting how it scales into maps, especially if i get rid of raging spirits for the proper build.
Probably will suck ass on harder bosses.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m fucking way behind and figured this would happen. Might try to zoom last acts today. Still in the middle of bringing a plant online. I log in then sit on the phone and data historian most of the time. Fantastic.

Physical trapper and I’m already fucking annoyed at trap arming time.

Borzak

Been laggy the last few days. Tried other servers finally just gave up and decided it was my end. Thought I was going crazy. Finally saw a number of trucks for my cable company running around. Guess it was't just me lol.

I was going to really try crafting early on. Got a large cluster jewel. Scoured and alched and it sold for 1ex in about 30 seconds. Oh well, back to just buying stuff I want. Not even finish with the acts yet.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I’m fucking way behind and figured this would happen. Might try to zoom last acts today. Still in the middle of bringing a plant online. I log in then sit on the phone and data historian most of the time. Fantastic.

Sunblast belt and two hair trigger jewels. Mechanics that depend on traps targeting enemies might suffer though. I've never personally played it. Balormage reduced arming time to 0 through cluster jewels last league and was somehow still generated frenzies and power charges.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Caeden Caeden hit me up if you need help (WPs, acts boss killing, etc).

Also, I had this going on with PoE just starting today, this shit is driving me nuts, any idea what causes it?

It looks like a problem with VRAM but I mean, this is a 2080ti, and it later corrects itself, so I'm not sure that's accurate. Negative CPU profiles are neat.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just a heads up, if anyone else was sleepin on the new jewels because they assumed they'd be so rare they'd be worth mirrors.
Atleast if you can think a bit outside of the box there should be some cool stuff to do for cheap.
I've gotten 2 jewels in 4 kills, so they seem pretty common, mine sadly happened to be worthless.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, if you find one half of a usable jewel, there's a good chance you can get the other half for 30-80c. They're omega common and only a few of the BIG ascendancy nodes go for bank. (Inq pen, Jugg Accuracy, Occultist pops etc).

Also if you're an Ascendant, get a set ASAP. A HUGE amount of power gain for very little.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Daggers are pretty good with cast speed rolls now lol

Capture.PNG

• 2Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm

Ya, having a job can suck heh. I just hit maps last night and got about 10 done. I was in act 9 and sent a tell to buy a wand from someone. I visited their hideout to buy it and they had Maven crucible open on their map device. I had to just hang my head and accept the fact I'm a scrub.

• 1Solidarity

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
Caeden Caeden hit me up if you need help (WPs, acts boss killing, etc).

Also, I had this going on with PoE just starting today, this shit is driving me nuts, any idea what causes it?

It looks like a problem with VRAM but I mean, this is a 2080ti, and it later corrects itself, so I'm not sure that's accurate. Negative CPU profiles are neat.

You didn't accidentally turn off multi threading by chance? And is your fps capped at 60?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
As someone with a potato computer, perhaps it would be best to summarize what are the best settings. Usually I can figure these out myself as games are intuitive in what settings are performance vs cost. PoE is bizarro world where who the fuck knows. I couldn't do Delirium last league, it was a stuttery mess. Now it's no worse than anything else. Which is nominally playable, but still not great.

Borzak

Before the release of the league all my stuff reset. Check your settings. A lot of my video stuff changed like screen shake and all my key bindings, audio as well.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
View attachment 397532

The wording on that leads me to believe you can double on on Ascendancies?
How would you get double skills? This is just fixing a problem where the skill wasn't working if it was given to you through Forbidden Flame or Forbidden Flesh. If you got the skill any other way, the skill worked. I don't understand where you're getting the doubling from.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, there's a few ascendancy points that grant skills. Like the Necromancer gets Bone Armor, which is basically Steelskin but also applies to your minions. If you got that ascendancy point from those jewels, you didn't get Bone Armor.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was thinking "Skills" as "passives" and honestly don't know where I got the doubling up from. My monkey brain doesn't work so well when I'm thinking of POE all day instead of working.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The key is to get a job that lets you binge PoE while still accomplishing a modicum of work.

Or learn to be a responsible and disciplined adult and don't let that shit distract you.

I'm not sure which one of those is more difficult, haven't accomplished either!.