Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Got lots of those, will be on later.

200 stack of simulacrum splinters is not a fun challenge. Iterating through how you can squeeze more juice into a map just didn't seem as fun as dps or survivability. Maybe because the minimum was so high.

Also, there was so much fucking juice my poor 1060 Ti couldn't handle it. So grateful my build was reasonably tanky, I sure as fuck wasn't dodging shit. I rarely if ever do juiced deli farming, I hate the setup required, but damn if this kind of performance isn't embarrassing.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea even on my 3090 the game was chugging doing that kind of mega delirium crap. The engine just doesn't scale very well in to that kind of density unfortunately.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I played this for the first time today. The skill gem thing is cool. Nice change from diablo.

The passive skill tree looks like a confusing monstrosity. I am just going to go one point at a time and not look too far ahead.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I played this for the first time today. The skill gem thing is cool. Nice change from diablo.

The passive skill tree looks like a confusing monstrosity. I am just going to go one point at a time and not look too far ahead.
Welcome to the best ARPG on the market!

You will butcher your first build. And your second. And your tenth.

I would recommend you follow a pre-made build, or, by all means, continue as you are if that is your jam. - come as you are. But you really need to look ALL the way ahead if you want to actually enjoy the game, eventually.

The first build I made in like 2013 was a bow chick and I took all offense nodes and she died when someone looked at her. Pretty sure I trashed her at around level 60.

There is a program called Path of Building in which you can theorycraft a build tree, with equipment and gems and the works if that suits your fancy as well. The min/maxers in here do it all the time. Lazy people like me just find builds others made that look good and follow them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talos

Welcome to the best ARPG on the market!

You will butcher your first build. And your second. And your tenth.

I would recommend you follow a pre-made build, or, by all means, continue as you are if that is your jam. - come as you are. But you really need to look ALL the way ahead if you want to actually enjoy the game, eventually.

The first build I made in like 2013 was a bow chick and I took all offense nodes and she died when someone looked at her. Pretty sure I trashed her at around level 60.

There is a program called Path of Building in which you can theorycraft a build tree, with equipment and gems and the works if that suits your fancy as well. The min/maxers in here do it all the time. Lazy people like me just find builds others made that look good and follow them.
I also started with a ranger. Looked at some guides and the flicker strike raider looks fun.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright berserker project is moving along. Hit level 90, played with PoB some, still need to try and find/buy some items yet to clean a few things up here or there. Getting full 100% phys taken as ele is not easy unfortunately, especially this late in the league. Having to rely on a taste of hate right now for the last tiny bits of it for now.

Still not sure I'm gonna be able to do ubers on this though unfortunately. Their ele resists are just so disgusting and I've got no real way to deal with aside from scrapping this whole thing and just going omniscience. I messed around with uber eater a bit and at least the alt ailments are maxing out on him without any issues.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Alright berserker project is moving along. Hit level 90, played with PoB some, still need to try and find/buy some items yet to clean a few things up here or there. Getting full 100% phys taken as ele is not easy unfortunately, especially this late in the league. Having to rely on a taste of hate right now for the last tiny bits of it for now.

Still not sure I'm gonna be able to do ubers on this though unfortunately. Their ele resists are just so disgusting and I've got no real way to deal with aside from scrapping this whole thing and just going omniscience. I messed around with uber eater a bit and at least the alt ailments are maxing out on him without any issues.

I'd be very surprised if you can't do Ubers with that build, your damage taken is crazy low. Maybe add a guard skill somewhere if possible? Only thing I could see tripping you up is relying more on leech than regen for recovery as that isn't the best during the various immunity phases some bosses have. Even so, looks pretty beastly to me.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Had to convert to lightning strike because lab just would not give me a molten strike enchant. Need a minimum of 10% phys taken as ele on the hat, and with the way the late league economy is I had to do it myself. Hit lightning strike projectiles after like ~40 enchant uses so just stuck with it.

Need to get 3 more levels and finish out the crit wheel and get the 50% ailment effectiveness mastery to be sure I'm really hitting big brittle/scorched numbers against uber bosses. I've got no base crit on my claw, so I need to be hitting at least 10% brittle or my damage gets really cucked.

Still missing a bit of phys taken as ele, but I don't really have anywhere else to get it besides corruption on the shield which just isn't for sale currently, or somehow getting a better hat which also isn't really available right now.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Those hats are going away, standard collectors snatched them up weeks ago.

Yea the market for them is pretty barren. I had to make the one I have myself and it's on a shitty base, but it'll have to do for now.

Kinda the same for all the weird sentinel items. When I logged back in I got spammed to hell and back for my enlighten gloves, dex stack boots, etc. I sold the enlighten gloves for 75ex to fund this final build, but I suspect I could have gotten double that if I waited longer.

Aazrael

Started playing this again after a few years. Testing Posionous Concoction build and liking it so far. Watching a youtube guide I see an aura I dont recognize in the PoB guide.

Anyone know what the purple ground aura is?

poeaura.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright fine, I give up. Never rolling another strike/melee skill again until/if there are major overhauls.

Fuck everything about trying to boss with this handicap.

• 1Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
GGG can go fuck themselves. Bunch of cunts. Minions (basically only thing I play) got nerfed to the ground.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users