Path of Exile

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just want to watch my flame golems explode stuff. One day I will get my buff and I can autist away.

1659645518186.png

Close range mortars is pretty fucking good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Oh boy, I think I can already feel my corona quarantine coming for league release. *cough cough*

Xevy

Log Wizard
1659685068904.png

100% phys to fire EZ. If this is the level of change for uniques, I'm super excited. I love the mid-tier shit getting revisited like this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea that's pretty wild for what is otherwise a throwaway unique that rarely ever even gets used during leveling

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
It's kinda funny that every few years they pull out the reworking-old-uniques move as a feature for a league.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well that's still not gonna see much use outside of leveling/early mapping I think, but that's the kind of change they need so it's at least worth using during that period. Making all the trash uniques into 1-3c uniques would be a massive positive change. They'd still be trash once you're in late yellow-red maps, but at least they'd serve a purpose before that and it'd be nice finding one while leveling and actually using it, instead of just converting it into alch shards right away. Like you get this in Act2, you pretty much use it for all of lvling and early maps, it gives so much resist AND makes you a ton tankier against phys. Considering uniques aren't THAT common to begin with, there's no reason they shouldn't be strong for leveling at least.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still think the six linking cost limits the value of a whole host of the random unique chests.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would be nice if unique's had a higher chance to get 5/6 links, given the rarity of them being better than an equivelant rare.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I still think the six linking cost limits the value of a whole host of the random unique chests.
Kinda? I think after like a week, all the non meta unique chests tend to be really cheap even 6L, often cheaper than rares because you can't mod them. I remember last time I played poison I used the dendrobate chest and it was really cheap only a few days into the league compared to more meta options(and even that was already not completely weird stuff since it's a decent starting poison chest).

Depends on the league though, some tend to give a ton of 6L uniques so they don't cost much, while others they don't have specific mechanics to drop more 6L so they're more expensive. Iirc back then it was metamorph league and you could get 6Ls pretty easy during that.

For leveling/early though it doesn't matter all that much, you're usually choosing between a 4L 5-7S or a tabula rasa anyway. They could certainly unfuck the whole link stuff, which was their plans for PoE2 but who knows when that shit is, they haven't talked about it in like a year.

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Went back and played league to pass some time before golfing yesterday and had a 2 x Exalt drop from a strongbox. Hilarious.

We all know that changes to uniques are just deflection. There are a handful of uniques that are really good, the odd build defining unique depending on the meta, and the remaining are alchemy shards waiting to happen.

The only exciting thing to come out of GGG making unique updates is if they happen to accidentally make some OP shit.

• 2Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Fingers crossed they upgrade some of the breach uniques. Specifically making Uul Netol's Embrace not suck as much for a few meme-ish type builds I was eying a while back would be fun. Like, if you could further improve those breach base items from a pure breach stone item drop maybe.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lol, pretty silly but I believe it. Did these guys not see the 3.15 nerfs?? Even without that basis of comparison the nerfs happening (at least so far) are pretty low key. Caveat: I don't play or know shit about minions really. Even then, it looks like a lot of the nerfs are going to be offset by gear/skill changes? No reason to get bent out of shape just yet.

Hell, even if minions are getting nerfed, that means they'll be off meta... perfect time to check it out!

If it's making the masses of retards mad, it is time I come back.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i don't see this being good in any real sense but for leveling twinks it seems op to me. Level 15 added cold is level 55 and you can start using this at 32 (same as triad grips) and use permanent minions like spectres, zombies and holy relic and not really care about mana costs while using several 7-9 links (can dual weild).

• 2Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Probably still useable on a caster build if you run 1heal 2mana 2quicksilver and just chug mana constantly with low reservation, would make most frost spells one shot shit anyway even if they cost a bunch. Hell might be worth not leveling them and leveraging only the added cold. In fact I wonder if you could just run a lvl 1 gem of any random spell and instantly make it good for all the leveling process with this. It's certainly a lot of fucking gem levels for a lvl 32 unique.