Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
  • The Sunblast Unique Belt no longer has 30-40% increased Trap Damage, or 20% increased Mana Regeneration Rate. Instead, it now has "Skills which Throw Traps throw up to 3 additional Traps", "Throw Traps randomly around targeted location", and "Traps cannot be triggered by Enemies". It also now has 50% reduced Trap Duration (previously 80%).
300% more trap damage(less turnback time) for the cost of two medium clusters(set and forget) that you were going to use anyway? Sounds good to me. Only other drawback is that you won't benefit from traps being triggered by enemies, which means frenzy and power charges, and Tinkerskin(not sure anyone uses this anymore). Seems like an endgame belt.

Anyone remember if reducing trap duration also affects arming time? As in, will they trigger instantly after landing like mines if you spam the detonate skill?
3 points from the patch notes that are relevant...TLDR: I believe sunblast is the only thing that can reduce duration but buffed to 75% at best.

• The Set and Forget Cluster Jewel Notable Passive Skill no longer has 25% reduced Trap Duration, 12% increased Area of Effect. Instead, it now has Skills used by Traps have 15% increased Area of Effect.
  • "The Cheap Construction, Replica Cheap Construction... can no longer drop."
  • Changes since the original post was made​

Old:
    • The Sunblast Unique Belt no longer has 30-40% increased Trap Damage, or 20% increased Mana Regeneration Rate. Instead, it now has "Skills which Throw Traps throw up to 3 additional Traps", "Throw Traps randomly around targeted location", and "Traps cannot be triggered by Enemies". It also now has 50% reduced Trap Duration (previously 80%).
  • New:
    • The Sunblast Unique Belt no longer has 30-40% increased Trap Damage, or 20% increased Mana Regeneration Rate. Instead, it now has "Skills which Throw Traps throw up to 3 additional Traps", "Throw Traps randomly around targeted location", and "Traps cannot be triggered by Enemies". It also now has 65-75% reduced Trap Duration (previously 80%).

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Claw helix trickster seems like the obvious starter choice to me atm, grabbing action speed + ES leech + spell suppression ascendancies. Maybe Polymath instead of spell suppression since you can get around 10 different masteries pretty easily.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
So dicking around this morning, I run a Kirac mission with a divination card (he tells me I really want that card, #jlawyeahok). I'll be damned if I don't get a full stack of these. Why does this happen at the end of a league and not the beginning!? lol

1660386846286.png

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
People are really high on sunblast with various ele traps, but man I'm not sure I buy it. Yes yes 3x damage from Sunblast, but the arming time is gonna feel like fucking garbage. Is Sunblast legit the only source of arming reduction left yea? So ~1 second or so arming time? Mehhhhh.

I think I'm gonna try and make Conduit work? Maybe even do CwC with mjolnir to smooth out applying shocks some, but we'll see how Conduits whole "adds its cast time to cooldowns" thing actually works out. Otherwise I don't see a problem playing it like the old bladefall/bladeblast builds with a 5-link storm brand in your gloves or something. Or even just arc and only having to use conduit for bosses etc.

• 1Solidarity

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
How is everything so sure this won't be a t1 belt with atrocious drop rates? People really plan their league starter around this?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
People are really high on sunblast with various ele traps, but man I'm not sure I buy it. Yes yes 3x damage from Sunblast, but the arming time is gonna feel like fucking garbage. Is Sunblast legit the only source of arming reduction left yea? So ~1 second or so arming time? Mehhhhh.

I think I'm gonna try and make Conduit work? Maybe even do CwC with mjolnir to smooth out applying shocks some, but we'll see how Conduits whole "adds its cast time to cooldowns" thing actually works out. Otherwise I don't see a problem playing it like the old bladefall/bladeblast builds with a 5-link storm brand in your gloves or something. Or even just arc and only having to use conduit for bosses etc.
You can probably go non-sunblast for maps and then just equip it for pinnacle bosses and melt everything. Also might be super expensive.

I think i might go L. conduit too. Should have the damage for bosses (and 40% chill) but might be annoying for mapping, just no way to know.
But the mapping tech for elementalist atleast is shield charge to apply and prolif your shock (from new mastery, gloves implicit or ele prolif gem), but maybe you need skitterbots, or herald of ice or ash or some other tech. Need to experiment.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shock nova now is a guaranteed shock but I don't see anyone planning around using it.

It's been dumpster tier for a while so maybe that's why but I feel like it's being overlooked with the changes.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

I was also thinking something along these lines. Maybe CoC Shock Nova with astral projector? Just hold down Shock nova and it goes off on high cast time and Conduit blasts things on cooldown. Which also is reduced with cast speed apparently? No idea how cast speed reduction might react with trigger mechanics for Conduit.

The other idea I had was something with Conduit and Olesya's delight with the +2 frenzy Trickster node. Affliction charges also increase the effect of non-damaging ailments by 8%, so shock and scorch. To go along with ignite from stormfire maybe? No idea how viable something like that may be without playing with it in POB.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Shock nova now is a guaranteed shock but I don't see anyone planning around using it.

It's been dumpster tier for a while so maybe that's why but I feel like it's being overlooked with the changes.

Shocks are so easy to get you can use something way more mechanically sound than shock nova.

I don't think automating Conduit itself via coc/cwc is viable - the mana cost on it is just too extreme. It's pushing close to 300 mana/second for sustained casting which just isn't realistic for any kind of trigger setup.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't see how you can play a build that triggers conduit, that cast speed part is too detrimental. Might as well just slapped a "cannot be triggered" on it.

Automating the shocks is likely the way to go. Kitavas Thirst and necros corpse pact. Corpsewalker boots. Skitterbots. Drop shocked ground while you move(something does this, right?). Nearby enemies are shocked.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't see how you can play a build that triggers conduit, that cast speed part is too detrimental. Might as well just slapped a "cannot be triggered" on it.

Automating the shocks is likely the way to go. Kitavas Thirst and necros corpse pact. Corpsewalker boots. Skitterbots. Drop shocked ground while you move(something does this, right?). Nearby enemies are shocked.

Skitterbots and corpses don't re-shock the same enemy if you consume the shock or it wears off, people already have been testing that and it's a dead end.

Conduit sorta works out with CwC with some cast speed investment, but the mana is still gonna be a huge problem. Manual Conduit is gonna be the way to go, but some kind of CwC/CoC Arc or whatever other skill setup to propagate out more shocks will feel a fuckload better than playing like a BF/BB setup.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Skitterbots and corpses don't re-shock the same enemy if you consume the shock or it wears off, people already have been testing that and it's a dead end.

Conduit sorta works out with CwC with some cast speed investment, but the mana is still gonna be a huge problem. Manual Conduit is gonna be the way to go, but some kind of CwC/CoC Arc or whatever other skill setup to propagate out more shocks will feel a fuckload better than playing like a BF/BB setup.
Orb of Storms or storm brand maybe? Linking prolif and the new overcharged might do it. Hydrosphere somehow?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just gonna trickster the shit out of this with that poison helix. Just focus on mapping and if I get enough currency/have enough interest to do uber bosser then so be it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Skitterbots, maybe not, but you can definitely make corpses work. There was a now-dead build where some guy used Stormfire ring to get a ton of increased burning damage by constantly casting corpses, each being exactly at the corpse limit so that existing corpses were destroyed. The result is repeatedly shocked enemies. I'm pretty sure it works because all GGG did was slap a limit on Stormfire.

Worth a watch, it's amazing how many small details this guy put together for this build.

Thinking on this some more, how exactly are people ruling out corpses? Are they casting one set of corpses and then noticing that same exact set of corpses will not apply shock again? If so, that makes it sound like the shock is applied only on corpse creation and not an aura(skitterbots says aura...they should reshock...). Furthermore, you likely don't have be at the limit, destroying the old set of corpses each time you make new ones. Constantly casting corpses, any amount of corpses, should be applying new shocks.

I'd say Kitava's Thirst with some lightning spells that persist will work the best however. Ball Lightining with slower projectiles. Storm brand. Orb of Storms. Something to smooth out the 50% chance on that helmet. Was kinda hoping that got bumped to 100%.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea one set of corpses only shocks once apparently - lot of people claim that was changed/ninja nerfed in the last day or two and used to just constantly apply shock, but fuck if I know.

I think the way to go is gonna be the new Thunderfists and Storm Brand or Arc. Level 30 Added Lightning is like twice as much damage as a level 5 awakened version, so it's damn near a 6-link glove, and comes with 100% extra shock effect. Your brand or Arc in those things is gonna clear map content on it's own, and then you can just start using Conduit for bosses. The individual hit with the ~900 added flat on gloves should give you some plenty beefy shocks against even bosses.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, you can still workaround that. Kitava's Thirst and Corpsewalker will continually create new corpses. Corpsewalker for clear will be analogous to using hex aura for hexblast ignite. Not sure if the two have similar area though.