Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I said many pages back that the implementation of Archnemesis on all rares was one of the worst things GGG has ever done (I think I said the most GGG thing GGG has ever done, same thing), and that statement has been set in stone with this league.

The Lake is so meh it is yet another example of GGG not playing their own game, or not understanding, AT ALL, the reason why people play their game.

I love the trickster ascendancy update - I am playing Poison Spectral Helix and I hated it at the start but it is growing on me. I am going to run an occultist RF build at some point if I maintain any sort of interest.....

Adding additional gear drops to an already inflated system was retarded too (bone ring, wands) and didn't kill minions, but added that equipment pain that melee feels to the builds lol.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would be nice if when selecting a tile, it showed what kind of rewards it favored, similar to how you could use sentinals that juiced currency, or gear drop types.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Tried jumping back into this for the first time since 2013, so basically an entirely different game and it turned out exactly as I expected.

Got through the leveling process. Had a decent build and was working through maps. Got to about t8 and just became overwhelmed with all the system bloat. Trying to figure out how to upgrade/craft items alone with all the ways an item can be enhanced is just too much for a "new" player. Then what system do I use to try to progress? Do I do Delve? Heist? Maps? Lake of Kalandra? All of them? All the other shit I haven't even touched?

I started trying to work my way through the info but after the 10th 30+ minute video I just had enough and won't be playing anymore (Why the fuck can't anyone just create a written guide, trying to traverse videos for information is atrocious). This game is a rube goldberg machine.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
on the new atlas is there a way to make lower level maps red maps?

As you socket the new watchstones the level of all maps goes up. You can mouse over the little sockets towards the bottom center of the map to tell you where they come from. You get one from the searing exarch and another from the hunger guy but I forget the other two off the top of my head. All four will make T1s in to T16s.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm really enjoying this league. Making it harder to acquire gear is exactly what the game needed. I'm thinking about actually trading in a trade league outside of the most end game of items for the first time since Harvest.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Would be nice if when selecting a tile, it showed what kind of rewards it favored, similar to how you could use sentinals that juiced currency, or gear drop types.

Initially I thought it was going to follow something like archnemesis where fire/cold/lightning correspond to armor/weapons/jewelry but that is not the case.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tried jumping back into this for the first time since 2013, so basically an entirely different game and it turned out exactly as I expected.

Got through the leveling process. Had a decent build and was working through maps. Got to about t8 and just became overwhelmed with all the system bloat. Trying to figure out how to upgrade/craft items alone with all the ways an item can be enhanced is just too much for a "new" player. Then what system do I use to try to progress? Do I do Delve? Heist? Maps? Lake of Kalandra? All of them? All the other shit I haven't even touched?

I started trying to work my way through the info but after the 10th 30+ minute video I just had enough and won't be playing anymore (Why the fuck can't anyone just create a written guide, trying to traverse videos for information is atrocious). This game is a rube goldberg machine.
I've got thousands of hours into this game and I don't really craft much. Although that's something I said I should probably learn. Craftofexile.com is a good site to mess around with crafting items. There are a few Youtube videos on crafting for specific things. Locohol and Subtractem have a few videos. I'm sure you've seen plenty of videos, but they have timestamps which are helpful to me. Then there are a few others that do Youtube shorts on crafting. I would say for most players, buying upgrades is the way to go. I can hardly think of crafts I've done myself. I think I did a few essence crafts for an ele bow and some rings, but for the most part, I buy all my upgrades. But I guess if you're SSF, that may be tough.

As far as progression, the new atlas system has changed it to where you can specialize in what encounters you want to do. Heist is a great money maker for early on in the league. You can do it in conjunction with leveling with maps. But if you don't have a fast moving build, then may not be as efficient. I used delve mostly for leveling. Fossil crafting seems to be still needed as a money maker. Expeditions are decent, can sell those items or gamble towards good stuff. I would avoid the Lake stuff until they retune the rewards. Simulacrum is a good currency generator, cluster jewels fetch a good price. Harvest used to be a decent money maker as you could sell crafts on TFT. With the changes to harvest, I'm not sure how that effects everything else. You can always just push leveling until you get to red maps. Do stuff to get your voidstones and eventually just clear maps to level and sell invitations. That's kind of what I did last league.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You could always join Bubbles in coming back a week before each league and mindlessly bitch about shit.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's really not that much, if you like delve, go delve, if you like delirium, tailor your atlas to get those the most. If you want to just play in maps and mindlessly slaughter shit, you can do that too.

Really only thing that'll matter is how hard you want to make it, and how much you want to spend on learning/getting to the uber bosses. If you don't want to, don't. PoE may have a lot of bloat, but none of it is really required and all can reward you for it

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

I mean they cannot be serious with this, I guess D3 on Friday going to be popping!

For the past few years, watching league launches are been better than the actual game.
the highest rated comment and first reply to it pretty much sums up GGG. They are a bunch fucking amateurs who lucked out with cool ideas and nostalgia in empty market but over a decade later still lack any understanding on how to realize those ideas. Game is an utterly unbalanced bloated mess running of a shit engine. I can't wait for the next manifesto. POE2 is gonna be a glorious shit show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You could always join Bubbles in coming back a week before each league and mindlessly bitch about shit.
But do you blame him? Shit, this company has been nerfing shit every league since like 3.0. And not only nerfs but basically build breaking shit that makes one build that was powerful basically obsolete the next league. And not to mention the point that Kane brought up, they need to clean this fucking game up a bit. So many systems built ontop of other systems that now the average player that misses a few leagues is fucking lost.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

That's really not that much, if you like delve, go delve, if you like delirium, tailor your atlas to get those the most. If you want to just play in maps and mindlessly slaughter shit, you can do that too.

Really only thing that'll matter is how hard you want to make it, and how much you want to spend on learning/getting to the uber bosses. If you don't want to, don't. PoE may have a lot of bloat, but none of it is really required and all can reward you for it

"Just don't do it, cuz you don't have to" isn't a reasonable expectation for a consumer, in any situation.

Analysis Paralysis is a real thing and has been studied and researched ad nauseum with the same findings:

This research paper attempts to apply this principal to consumer decision making process during choosing a product. This paper presents the details of the study. It was found that consumers are known to postpone their buying decision when they are spoilt for choices, while they have closed deals quicker when there have been lesser options to choose from. It was concluded that when customers have more choices, they buy less; in decision-making people often simplify using the wrong criteria; more choices lead to greater dissatisfaction because expectations are raised.

This is a basic tenet of human behavior that many game developers are either unaware of, or willfully ignore. To the detriment of their playerbase.

If you've played every league you know what you are getting into and what you are looking for. If you haven't you are overwhelmed to the point you don't feel like even attempting to understand. Especially when each type of end game content has crossover (Maps drop all manner of crafting items for the various systems, have events for each of the various systems, cause you to make decisions which affect outcomes of those various systems, etc)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But do you blame him? Shit, this company has been nerfing shit every league since like 3.0. And not only nerfs but basically build breaking shit that makes one build that was powerful basically obsolete the next league. And not to mention the point that Kane brought up, they need to clean this fucking game up a bit. So many systems built ontop of other systems that now the average player that misses a few leagues is fucking lost.
I don't blame anybody for their opinions. I don't know if I'm a minority GGG dick rider or if in my later years I just don't give a shit about what they change. I still point and click, pick up loot and mindlessly run map after map every single league. At this point is really the same shit. If I don't like it I don't play. No skin off my back.

Omitting the loot change is pretty egregious but the people on reddit act like GGG owe them everything.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
"Just don't do it, cuz you don't have to" isn't a reasonable expectation for a consumer, in any situation."
Can think of quite a few situations where that would be a bad argument, but in this game it really is simply that. I dislike harvest, I don't understand it very well and crafting mystifies me, but I don't fault the game for having it because it doesn't force you to do it.

If you find the aspects you do like enough to play it, play it, otherwise don't. It's not like they gatekeep specific loot behind one mechanic that unlocks the 2nd, and 3rd, and so forth.

Khane

Finding the systems I like is what the issue is, when so many systems exist to investigate. That's the point.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say nobody should enjoy this game. I'm simply sharing why I gave up on it. And showed it's not a "me" problem. It's actually a problem for humans in general when confronted with too many choices.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users