Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess I’m the only that likes Chris yet thinks he acts like a small child too.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I wish GGG (and other companies) would come up with a way to balance the game for people that play the game professionally (streamers) and other players. Likely never happen or hasn't yet.

It's pretty easy, but you'd have to have the consequence of the league. But basically you'd have league (trade/ssf), league (trade/ssf), carebear league (trade. Carebear league would have higher drop rates, and better odds, but would have to be set to get alternative rewards for challenges that are not MTX and usable only for that league.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
LMAO! I was watching GFL and heard a great quote.

PoE leagues are like a honeymoon. Except with this league, when I went on this honeymoon she whipped out a dick.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cannot for the life of me figure out if Harbingers are worht it or not. I don't think they adhere to the AN mods when they die, but some times I get lootsplosions while killing them (before killing all of them)

Obviously Harbinger sucks compared comparatively to other leagues as ex shards are a joke. But does anyone know if the AN mods are adhered to? Like if I get a solaris touched one should I get the loot from it?

• 1Like

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya, if he was in his own stream, then he should be able to be completely transparent and honest about what he thinks. I realize that freedom of speech does not extend to other countries, but a ban is out of line. Things like that should only be reserved for things like cheating at the game and using exploits..not just speaking your mind (regardless if I think he should or should not have said it).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ya, if he was in his own stream, then he should be able to be completely transparent and honest about what he thinks. I realize that freedom of speech does not extend to other countries, but a ban is out of line. Things like that should only be reserved for things like cheating at the game and using exploits..not just speaking your mind (regardless if I think he should or should not have said it).
What does freedom of speech have to do with any of this?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Be interesting if you'd still have the same take if one day you're fired and made unhirable because of some of the things you've said on this forum.
What has this forum got to do with my job? Nothing.

What has his twitch stream playing PoE got to do with his twitch stream playing PoE? Everything.

I would be fired if I started calling my bosses and students retards to their face though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What does freedom of speech have to do with any of this?
Some people think that freedom of speech means that you can act like an asshole to someone and face no consequences.

Generally it's there for freedom of political and religious views etc, not calling people slurs.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it a dick move to ban? Probably, but if you were high up in a company and had someone (who makes money off your game) talking shit, woud you not enjoy the salty tears of banning them? I know I would

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Be interesting if you'd still have the same take if one day you're fired and made unhirable because of some of the things you've said on this forum.

Lenny please don't tell anyone how I live simpsons.gif

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like they've already hotfixed the AN checking exploit

Damage is already done, thousands of divines entered into the economy I'm sure. Chris also said on Reddit yesterday that he "thought" this was already patched/fixed/unable to be done. Whoops.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Is it a dick move to ban? Probably, but if you were high up in a company and had someone (who makes money off your game) talking shit, woud you not enjoy the salty tears of banning them? I know I would

If they bought $1,000 in virtual pixels in the last year, no I wouldn't.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I just wish Reddit had information and cool builds on it again. Now it's just a bunch of mid 40's nerds acting like teenage girls.

Though, back in the day Reddit was literally just pictures of "BEST ITEM EVER?" over and over. That was pretty bad, but about 1/3 of them were pretty cool items. It's like the BR Reddits that range from huge discussions on balance to shit like Apex Legends which is nothing but clips, most of which are garbage.

PoEBuilds Reddit is usually pretty good, but mostly it's people asking what build they should spend their 60 Divines on and shit. Actual PoEbrain stuff is very drowned out recently. There is a guy on there that posts "interesting interactions" every few weeks that has some pretty cool shit he tests.

• 1Like

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Some people think that freedom of speech means that you can act like an asshole to someone and face no consequences.

Generally it's there for freedom of political and religious views etc, not calling people slurs.
Fair enough. I just think we have all raged a little behind our PC's while playing any number of games. Using a ban hammer because you got your feelings hurt shows its own level of maturity though as what I heard was not all THAT harsh to be honest. (looking at Furor's rants against EQ if you know what I mean). If the company wants to operate like that toward their fan base then by all means they can do what they wish.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What has this forum got to do with my job? Nothing.

What has his twitch stream playing PoE got to do with his twitch stream playing PoE? Everything.

I would be fired if I started calling my bosses and students retards to their face though.

Really?

This forum speaks to your character. You're a teacher of children who's outright misogynist and racist. Unless i'm confused and you're a teacher in rural montana, i'm pretty sure your administration would have a huge problem with the opinions you share on here, a public forum.

I dislike you very much, but i'd never want you to lose your career for sharing your opinions. He should have been stripped of his sponsorship/relationship with ggg and at most given a temp ban as a swat on the wrist. Instead, because the ggg folks are stressed and getting their ass raped at the moment, they decided to vent by ruining this douchebag's life.

God I hate people like you.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Really?

This forum speaks to your character. You're a teacher of children who's outright misogynist and racist. Unless i'm confused and you're a teacher in rural montana, i'm pretty sure your administration would have a huge problem with the opinions you share on here, a public forum.
Thankfully we don't yet live in a tech dystopia where every interaction and hobby not related to your work is scrutinised.

I dislike you very much, but i'd never want you to lose your career for sharing your opinions. He should have been stripped of his sponsorship/relationship with ggg and at most given a temp ban as a swat on the wrist. Instead, because the ggg folks are stressed and getting their ass raped at the moment, they decided to vent by ruining this douchebag's life.

God I hate people like you.
We just see this a different way.

You think that what he says and what he does for a living are unrelated.

I see it as him being sponsored by and therefore working for GGG and also representing their game on social media. Also that ranting slur laden personal attacks is not critisism.