Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard

League looks cool, not sure enough of a skill shake up for me personally. Some of the unique buffs look pretty underwhelming. Then you see fucking Voidforge, what the fuck.

Kind of funny it's an anti-zoomer league and now careful and methodical is the way to go. I can already see them near completely reworking this mechanic a week or two in a la Heist league, but we'll see.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The very first thing I thought during the trailer was it was the Hall of Grandmasters league but fortunately that was not the case.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hexblast with mines looks really interesting. I have no idea how frequently blasphemy reapplies its curse aura...server tick rate? 1s cast time looks fucking ridiculous, just screams "trigger me!" followed up by "nah, just kidding".

Fuck blasphemy aura...just use curse on hit, who cares if it has reduced effectiveness?

Removing the 30% farther strike mastery seems stupid.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm top posts on reddit complaining about the league mechanic forcing you to do them 1 at a time as you encounter them versus just letting you stack a few runs to play a full sanctm at once instead so it's not super fragmented gameplay, and hard to disagree with it the way it was presented. Feels like some shit they'll 100% change 2-3weeks into the league.

Vulnerability and Despair got some heavy fucking nerfs. I mean every curse did which makes sense with the buffs in general, but Despair looks brutal for some builds(like fast attack builds since you lose a bunch of flat damage, even against bosses). The primordial jewel changes is a lot of teasing shit, wish they would have just come out and said how it's changed. It's not a drop and not a recipe but is deterministic. Tied to some league mechanic?

Gotta say the league mechanic looks fun, so I might play, maybe. I'll likely wait a bit though so they clean up their shit as usual.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hmm top posts on reddit complaining about the league mechanic forcing you to do them 1 at a time as you encounter them versus just letting you stack a few runs to play a full sanctm at once instead so it's not super fragmented gameplay, and hard to disagree with it the way it was presented. Feels like some shit they'll 100% change 2-3weeks into the league.

Vulnerability and Despair got some heavy fucking nerfs. I mean every curse did which makes sense with the buffs in general, but Despair looks brutal for some builds(like fast attack builds since you lose a bunch of flat damage, even against bosses). The primordial jewel changes is a lot of teasing shit, wish they would have just come out and said how it's changed. It's not a drop and not a recipe but is deterministic. Tied to some league mechanic?

Gotta say the league mechanic looks fun, so I might play, maybe. I'll likely wait a bit though so they clean up their shit as usual.

I get why they didn't do that. We just did that with the Lake. You interact with the map mechanic, it takes a tiny bit of time to take your two or three moves and away you go. You pick later when you do your completed Lakes. If this was setup in a similar fashion as presented you'd basically click a thing while mapping and that would be all your interaction. You couldn't really do any more than that without impairing the Rogue-like elements. You'd just be itemizing another temple or another lake.

That said I think there is room for a middle ground here where you could store up a couple rooms and do three or so at once. If people really, really like the gameplay than it's going to be annoying to get only a dribble of it once per map. It could also show up a little less frequently than once per map but when it does there's multiple portals. You'd be doing the same number of sanctums but it would be a little chunkier.

edit - naw, we fine

1669933784964.png

In the live stream this was asked about and the answer sounded like you got one room per map that you had to do.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh that's good, 8 is plenty to save up and play at once, even half that would probably have been fine, just the idea of having to stop and do a "map" for every map you ran sounded fucking annoying.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wow they really didn't buff any skills again lol
Not really singling you out, just been musing on this since it's all fucking over the subreddit.

While I agree, skills should be a lever they pull frequently, skills DID receive a buff...indirectly. Anything physical, especially spells, got a huge buff in 3.19 with Hrimsorrow and Heatshiver. Physical attack skills got a huge buff from Voidforge. Hexblast ignite is probably dead, but hit-based Hexblast got buffed provided you cheat that cast speed somehow...

I'd much prefer we get new builds from whatever combination of inputs give arise to them rather than GGG have an implied mandate from angry redditors that they have to touch skills specifically.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The few skills that got Vaal versions might actually be buffed somewhat indirectly too. Vaal Cleave looks pretty fucking good. Strike skills also got major buffs by them putting splash on the tree and strike +1 as a mastery. Still Strike skills but better than nothing which is what happens most leagues.

The main "issue" is they didn't nerf Seismic Traps again. They nerfed, and pretty heavily at that, stuff like lightning strike and withering step and what not, but Seismic Trap is still the same(probably buffed to some extent with some of the changes?). Seems like an oversight. Just nerfing the top end does shake the meta by making the average stuff interesting though, it does suck if you want to play a skill that wasn't even average before though.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
New skills look pretty good to me. Ranged molten strike (volcanic fissure)? Yes please. Not to mention it's a slam skill so you can use the slam skill supports and such rather than the strike skill ones. The frozen statue thing looks weird, but might have potential. If you're letting all the cooldowns go off you're getting 170% weapon damage x6? Not sure if that's right though. Or if it won't just be awkward as hell.

Vaal Cleave? Looks broken, honestly. Headhunter effect with 20second duration? WAY bigger area with 20second duration? With the cast time increase and the souls limitation it looks like a decent playstyle too. Run around with regular cleave then when you spot some juicy rares you hit them with vaal cleave, gain their buffs and big area, then carry on the carnage. Plus, having played with it in the past, the alt quality cleave that grants LGOH is not bad at all. I mean, ya lol-melee-lol and all, but still.

The change to tribal fury is a good one IMO. It frees up points which is what you want since you're always hurting for nodes to spend points on as melee.

League mechanic looks decent, but I didn't mind the lake mechanic once they finally got the bugs worked out. I just got bored with the last league early and got distracted by other things.

Overall it looks like GGG did a decent job on the changes. Hopefully it's a bounceback league just in time for the holidays.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Soon as Chris mentioned boons during the new league presentation “Hades” popped in my head. League looks interesting and can’t be worse than Kalandra mechanics. Since explosive arrow elementalist barely got touched by the nerf bat that will definitely be my league starter.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New skills look pretty good to me. Ranged molten strike (volcanic fissure)? Yes please. Not to mention it's a slam skill so you can use the slam skill supports and such rather than the strike skill ones. The frozen statue thing looks weird, but might have potential. If you're letting all the cooldowns go off you're getting 170% weapon damage x6? Not sure if that's right though. Or if it won't just be awkward as hell.

Vaal Cleave? Looks broken, honestly. Headhunter effect with 20second duration? WAY bigger area with 20second duration? With the cast time increase and the souls limitation it looks like a decent playstyle too. Run around with regular cleave then when you spot some juicy rares you hit them with vaal cleave, gain their buffs and big area, then carry on the carnage. Plus, having played with it in the past, the alt quality cleave that grants LGOH is not bad at all. I mean, ya lol-melee-lol and all, but still.

The change to tribal fury is a good one IMO. It frees up points which is what you want since you're always hurting for nodes to spend points on as melee.

League mechanic looks decent, but I didn't mind the lake mechanic once they finally got the bugs worked out. I just got bored with the last league early and got distracted by other things.

Overall it looks like GGG did a decent job on the changes. Hopefully it's a bounceback league just in time for the holidays.
The statue thing looks like a secondary skill more than a primary. Basically a "damage cooldown" which is very common in other games but surprisingly lacking in poe, equivalent is stuff like Plague Bearer where it just charges up as you use other stuff, and then you pop it when you need higher damage(strong rares/map bosses and shit). The weirdness is how the skill is apparently a spell, that also does attack damage, so there's likely some synergy with weird hybrid builds and what not.

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
The statue thing looks like a secondary skill more than a primary. Basically a "damage cooldown" which is very common in other games but surprisingly lacking in poe, equivalent is stuff like Plague Bearer where it just charges up as you use other stuff, and then you pop it when you need higher damage(strong rares/map bosses and shit). The weirdness is how the skill is apparently a spell, that also does attack damage, so there's likely some synergy with weird hybrid builds and what not.
Ya, maybe. The spell does have the 'melee' tag though, so melee supports work with it along with spell supports? Not sure. From what the vid said, it sounds like you want cast speed and not attack speed and a big slow weapon for max effect. Very different. Maybe a good skill for a fanaticism Inquis build? Looks like it'll be fun to play with though.

EDIT: just thought of using CoC mechanics for this one. That might be kind of spicy if it works, if for nothing else than an aesthetic reason. The spell looks pretty awesome with the cascading sweeps going off IMO.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'd like to see what the gem looks like at 20 and beyond. The cooldown per charge is going to need to really come down for it to feel good but it probably does.

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm gonna just go on record that that skill is gonna be fucking insane with frostferno. 6 different sources of massive cold damage all hitting at once? Oh mama that is gonna do some damage.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Really hard to compare as some of the best abusers of Heatshiver are spells and employ cast time cheats like Shockwave Totems or Exsanguinate Mines.

As others are saying, I think you're going to need some hefty reduction to the base cooldown as the gem levels, not CDR, to make it competitive.

Xevy

Log Wizard
One thing I am bummed about is there's no new "loot" in terms of cool item affixes like Sentinel, Eldritch, or Scourged items. Mostly farming the same ol' stuff, just better methods. Really wish they would've done a big ol' Ascendancy pass for some of the shittier Ascendancies like Necro, Glad, and honestly I'd say Assassin. My biggest complaint would be not enough mixing it up. Honestly I thought Kalandra's state of the game was pretty good the Lake itself just took a while before they buffed it to have good rewards. This feels like more of the same kind of akin to how Sentinel was just AN league part 2.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The atlas tree changes look big, I'm excited to check it out once they release it. I wonder how powerful the sanctum artifacts we can equip will be, Chris said in the interview that they will add a substantial amount of player power I think, and they work outside of sanctums too.