Path of Exile

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
2 days in and im hard passing on this league. Will check back in 2 or so weeks when they patch this shit to either be more rewarding or less stupid deadly tuned. I honestly dont know how the fuck shit like this gets past internal testing. I just had some boss spawn from crucible in act 6 that was like 200% faster than me, had like 80-90% dmg mitigation and 2 shot me with his attacks, and it wasnt even fully chaneled. Took me 5 deaths to kill him, and yeah I could have skipped him but fuck that im killing this thing. Dropped some shitty armor.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
If youre getting steamrolled by the crucible mobs, stop charging it all the way.

It's OK if it takes 2 maps to get a node instead of just one.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah reddit is up in arms about this league mechanic. Going in to the league I figured it was gonna be some op stuff, just blasting. I got 3-8 chaos damage and the rest brick. Hoping either the rewards get way better at max le el or they adjust it. Because some of the downsides can straight up brick a build.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I like it when the league mechanic is the thing I want to be doing. Sanctum was like that. Sanctums are sweet, let's run Sanctums. Expedition was also fun in its own right and I liked Archnemesis a ton as well. Lake of Kalandra was more the other side of things where I just interact with the map node and that's kind of it. The Lakes were whatever. While the Crucible upgrades can be big the mechanic itself feels really shallow. It's also two leagues in a row where the challenge rewards are armor sets. Meh. Right now basically all of my enjoyment is coming from doing something I haven't done before and when that gives out we'll be donezo. I played too much last league to get much out of doing all the same shit again.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Last league I played was delirium and that shit was nuts on drops. Could def get hairy, but it was super rewarding. I think I had 4-5 characters 88+ and a few in 90+.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah not super impressed with the mechanic. I'm sure you can get some cool shit if you win the lotto but eh. Doesn't help that the mobs don't drop anything and are a bit overtuned.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Between ruthless being the race and league mechanic this is turning out to be the league for the 1 percenters. Oh well still gonna try some new builds and skip the league mechanic until they fix or or I'm blasting 5 mil dps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Lol, vengeant cascade makes meatballs return TO the target hit by the attack. That's easily triple single target.

League mechanic might suck but abusing vengeant cascade is going to carry hard.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
there's not even a minor dopamine hit after finishing the league mechanic. It's worse than the fucking Kalandra chests not dropping anything. At least with them you were hoping that something, even if it's complete shit, would drop. With this there's not even an expectation. You know going in that you get nothing. You just waste time to kill mobs for some semi hidden bar to fill.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ive been watching CaptainLance most of the night getting one shot by white mobs even when he doesnt full charge the Crucible. Legendary league mechanic.

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah I thought this league was gonna be banging but the league mechanic and items are pretty much all trash. Lets hope it livens up at end game items because every tree I unlocked for 2h/1h blunt and axes have all been pretty much samey. First it starts with some elemental flat of some kind. then 2nd nose is usually -15% attack speed but chance of double dmg? I also saw a node that takes away your resistances but adds some other shit? Its all pretty much trash. Plus it takes too long to unlock the nodes unless you wanna fucking die all the time so by the time you have 2-3 nodes unlocked youre ready to switch weapons. All other drops during the event have all been pretty much trash too. So im hoping this is more of an "end game" type league because so far its pretty trash for leveling up where past leagues would shower you with uniques and currency at least.

Play ssf HC Ruthless, disregard league mechanic

• 1Hodjing

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
GGG not leading with a banger of a league for the D4 release is the most on-brand thing GGG could do. This is right there with not having a patch for a month and leaving the league broken back when D4 was announced.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lol, vengeant cascade makes meatballs return TO the target hit by the attack. That's easily triple single target.

League mechanic might suck but abusing vengeant cascade is going to carry hard.

I just saw this some guy testing this when I woke up, works for Ngamahu's procs too

I'm already rerolling

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I just saw this some guy testing this when I woke up, works for Ngamahu's procs too

I'm already rerolling
I tested it a little bit myself. It looks like it makes them hop in place? I'm not sure exactly, you definitely get more hits on the extra bounce but it's not all of them. So, it won't be easy to model.

Molten Strike, Volcanic Fissure, or Splitting Steel, trying to decide which to reroll to after finishing my atlas and farming a bit of currency.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
GGG not leading with a banger of a league for the D4 release is the most on-brand thing GGG could do. This is right there with not having a patch for a month and leaving the league broken back when D4 was announced.
Leagues are every 3 months right? So shouldn't next one drop 3-4 weeks after d4 launch while it's still getting fixed and the initial shine is wearing off?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I tested it a little bit myself. It looks like it makes them hop in place? I'm not sure exactly, you definitely get more hits on the extra bounce but it's not all of them. So, it won't be easy to model.

Molten Strike, Volcanic Fissure, or Splitting Steel, trying to decide which to reroll to after finishing my atlas and farming a bit of currency.

I'm probably gonna give fissure a try as I still haven't played it so it'll be "new", despite being nearly identical to molten strike.

I wonder if it'll be enough additional damage to actually just play jugg, or if you'll need to go raider or trickster or something

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Leagues are every 3 months right? So shouldn't next one drop 3-4 weeks after d4 launch while it's still getting fixed and the initial shine is wearing off?

They have moved the start of leagues around in the past to not release when other big games are new. Nothing says you are a big time contender like moving your schedule around to fit other games.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm probably gonna give fissure a try as I still haven't played it so it'll be "new", despite being nearly identical to molten strike.

I wonder if it'll be enough additional damage to actually just play jugg, or if you'll need to go raider or trickster or something
You could probably do it with jugg. No eternal damnation makes it less appealing though.

I agree with fissure being so similar. Almost offensively so.