Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
New Guardian relic is absolutely omega busted. Guardian Absolution/Skelly Mages will fuck butts non stop on a budget.
Wind up time is going to be so fun. Wait while I summon my Absolution dudes. Now wait while we summon our relics. Fuck, immunity phase, start over.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, the only saving grace with Absolution is Vaal Absolution. Ramp up on boss, easy win. Immunity phase? Just wait til it's over and blast the Vaal boy. It fucking destroys. I could never get the dps right on PoB last league but I was somewhere in the 20m-50m easy with that build. I did have Crucible mod with the 150% minion damage applies to caster damage though, so even if I started a map and didn't have any sentries I could oneshot packs myself and it was pretty sweet. The ramp up can be a pain with a bit of cast speed and spell echo it's not too bad.

The relics hopefully just chain refresh themselves. The REAL question is going to be their AI, AE radius, and level of aura they provide.

Caliane

I'm way out of date, so don't plan on really making use of any of the cutting edge stuff. found this build which sounded neat. core is skills that were around before I left. (I think creeping doom was added in that last league I played) but, changes to auras, defenses, link skills. whats cruelty?, new atlas, etc.will have plenty to catch up.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
2 Mill DPS?

Loaded the pob.in in POB

1692103932646.png

Caliane

It uses coldsnap, vortex and creeping doom. you're looking at just vortex.
coldsnap for chill/exposure/bonesnap.

cold-occ.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's a standard cold dot build. Good starter. Elementalist is better imo.

I used Jungroans version in Sanctum. Was great, especially in Sanctum itself

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Really warming to the idea of busting out the old inquis vulconus setup with the new spellblade. Getting to double up on battlemage for a weapon with like ~400 added flat phys/fire for EK should be enough damage to scale in to endgame without issue.

Also means big herald of ash explosions if we're scaling a bunch of fire damage/AE. The inquis dual regen setup has been nerfed a few times but it still looks very possible to get 1000ish regen without too much issue.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Thinking seriously about going a Tec Slam Jugg and get some sort of stun + burning damage thing going. I've long had a notion of some kind of build that just perma-stuns things and watches them DOT to death, but have usually just succumbed to watching shit blow up immediately due to lack of patience and finding a good middle ground between stun and bleed stats. Now maybe it's possible with stun and ignite? Tec slam has an alt quality with +60% burning damage sooo...
Eh, if it sucks, it's easy to pivot into something else that doesn't since it's basically a tweaked slam build.

If not that, some kind of fire caster like incinerate or maybe even rolling magma. Though I think rolling magma will play almost exactly like the Ball Lightning build I did last league though instead of lightning... it's fire! So I'm not sure if I want to do that or not.

Just looking at the new gems, I think there's a new style of Molten strike build lurking in there somewhere. Some combination of controlled blaze and sadism and alt qual MS and high attack speed and maybe emberwake for super short duration but high powered ignites. But the numbers would have to make it better than just scaling regular hit damage, so eh?
It's probably as good an idea as most of my build ideas :I'm Fine:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Remember that non-physical damage has a penalty to stun threshold. Additionally, ignite builds don't do much hit damage.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Remember that non-physical damage has a penalty to stun threshold. Additionally, ignite builds don't do much hit damage.
Ya, I'd have to get a bit of reduced enemy stun threshold for that part of it. I was thinking Tidebreaker and a couple suffixes and mace nodes would get me most of the way there.

EDIT: and that new fire node that does 'stun as if doing 50% more dmg', obviously.

Xevy

Log Wizard
FYI logged in yesterday after a 7 gig patch and apparently they did a graphics patch. Basically it deletes your shader cache so you have to recompile everything everytime you run into it and your game is going to play like absolute shit until you've Pokemon catchem all'd. I'd recommend logging in to old chars and running some quick maps or something unless you like the 15-45 fps experience.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finished BG3 after 110 hours, amazing game but long hours have left me a bit drained, hopefully i'll get some energy back before friday.
Anyway, now i can put some thought into this league but i have no clue what build/currency strat i want to league start, nor what my "real" build would be.

Trauma support looks like it could be fun to build around if you can ramp to some insane amount of stacks.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Trauma on frostbreath builds could be pretty interesting yea

You'd have to do a lot of work to overcome the bad attack speed and crit tho

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
why the fuck are they releasing the new season this week? Don't they know that I'm still trying to bang Shadowheart in BG3? Doesn't matter, it's gonna be a shit league anyway... just like every single one after ultimatum

• 1Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That's actually cracked, those are significantly better than the regular base 20 auras.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It absolutely will, but that relic thing will be one of, if not THE top forbidden flesh/flames. That thing on Inquisitor alone is insane fucking power with full pen for all elemental.

Actually nuts for any mana stacking Heiros as well as they can still use clear mind and have 0 auras reserved.

• 1Worf

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Building around trauma and guardian relics seems a bit inefficient to me. Besides hatred it's just flat dmg from trauma on top of more flat from anger/wrath.
5 second duration minions probably means you'd want some increased duration and trauma could actually benefit from that though.

Goonsquad Officer
has anyone seen a recap, video or text of the ruthless changes summed up? there's a metric assload and i'm not really adept at reading PoE notes hah.