Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Reddit is often wrong, but complaining about the rewards in an ARPG might not be one of those times.

Just spent a few hours making a budget version of Flicker Strike Trauma only to discover it doesn't work with swords. Anyone happen to remember to early league pricing history on Red Trail last league? Poe.ninja history doesn't go that far back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Seeing as how there are currently none for sale I'd say uh, good luck on those lol

Breach boss drops in general are mega fucked after the rework unfortunately

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I can see the rarity justified for a few drops. I don't think most breach drops need to be so rare that you can count the entire market on one hand.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So my lvl 20 arc witch feels like it has more mobility and dps than my lvl 90 sorc in d4. This should scratch the arpg itch.

I only played this mildly a few years ago, any good place to go to read up on the deluge of mechanics/crafting in this beast?

• 1Worf

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So my lvl 20 arc witch feels like it has more mobility and dps than my lvl 90 sorc in d4. This should scratch the arpg itch.

I only played this mildly a few years ago, any good place to go to read up on the deluge of mechanics/crafting in this beast?

My advice would be don't try and learn everything at once, just focus on a few map mechanics to learn this league that sound interesting (and build your atlas passive tree around them, you'll start using that when you get to maps after the story). Crafting is very complex and expensive, just try some benchcrafts or essence crafts for now and trade for gear. Use The Path of Exile Wiki to look up details on stuff.

Here's some recent videos that should help, beyond that its a lot of looking at more in depth videos and figuring out things as you go.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Crafting is very complex and expensive, just try some benchcrafts or essence crafts for now and trade for gear. Use The Path of Exile Wiki to look up details on stuff.
yeah, this is one of the bigger things. yesterday in global chat for example someone asked, "is there a way to upgrade a magic item to a rare?" to which someone correctly replied, "yes, with a regal orb".
however, ,that person did not follow up to say, "don't actually do that unless you know what you are doing. A regal orb is too valuable to be wasted on a trash item."

when you are new, focusing on 4link, then a 5l chest tends to be the primary focus. a 5l chest of the right colors, is more valuable then any random rare roll.
Chaos orbs are fairly cheap/common. they can be throw onto a rare item to reroll its mods. So, its cheaper to start with a 5l or even 6link chest, of the right socket colors, THEN start throwing chaos orbs at it for good mods.
fusing orbs are fairly expensive to be throwing at items to try and get 4, 5 and 6 links. do not use these before level 70, typically. you'll get 4l head/glove/boots randomly by the time you get to maps. save them to try for 5l and 6ls.
chromatic orbs let you reroll the colors. these are more common all around. they can be use more freely. especially level 60+.

Essence are a nice and easy way to target a specific mod, on a rare. again use these on a 4,5, or even 6l if you have.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is it just me or is the trade site now working? I just get perpetual spinning gears and nothing ever displays.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
My advice would be don't try and learn everything at once, just focus on a few map mechanics to learn this league that sound interesting (and build your atlas passive tree around them, you'll start using that when you get to maps after the story). Crafting is very complex and expensive, just try some benchcrafts or essence crafts for now and trade for gear. Use The Path of Exile Wiki to look up details on stuff.

Here's some recent videos that should help, beyond that its a lot of looking at more in depth videos and figuring out things as you go.

Using the tilda when searching on trade is so fucking helpful.

• 1Like

Caliane

i'm periodically seeing effigies with like elemental? insignias here and there, that burn when you get near them? what are these?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Playing melee feels really good.

Haven't played in a few leagues but theres definitely been some changes that I am liking a lot. The dual strike gem alone makes me wet.

The whole duelist tree section is so good now.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
As a mostly casual player, even I know to not touch most of the mechanics in the game until at least maps.

Come on guys, what the hell??

Because we hold out false hope that GGG might do it right this time.

...and of course, end up disappointed.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Ritual, Ultimatum, Delirium, Expedition, Arch Nemesis were all just fine to interact with during the campaign during their respective leagues.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
fucking degenerates

1.jpg

• 1Faggotry

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
heist still OP. Spidersilk Robe dropped in lvl 49 or 50 heist while leveling there. Quick 3.5 div

Goonsquad Officer
man i been playing ruthless. i completely forgot that there's just vendors that sell all the basic skill gems. man this shit is easy! (heh i'm only in act 3. i got little play time + BG3 to finish).

Is farming up the tabula rassa cards in the aquaducts/blood ducts still a thing? or is that nerfed into oblivion? trying to sort out how to get a few items for mah build.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
man i been playing ruthless. i completely forgot that there's just vendors that sell all the basic skill gems. man this shit is easy! (heh i'm only in act 3. i got little play time + BG3 to finish).

Is farming up the tabula rassa cards in the aquaducts/blood ducts still a thing? or is that nerfed into oblivion? trying to sort out how to get a few items for mah build.

You could but there's no point, you can do white maps on a 4 link easily and just get currency or do chaos recipe and just buy a 6-link you can craft on. Day 1 that might be 30-40c but at this point its 5-10c.

Goonsquad Officer
You could but there's no point, you can do white maps on a 4 link easily and just get currency or do chaos recipe and just buy a 6-link you can craft on. Day 1 that might be 30-40c but at this point its 5-10c.
Makes sense. Thank you!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
FML time to make a new char. Tornado shot deadeye is great for maps but ffs trying to kill a bigger boss is a PITA.