Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the warcry could always be faster, but I don't know how realistic it is to really get very far under ~1 unfortunately. Maybe with a 1h + redblade, but you'd give up so much damage vs a 2h. The immediately 4 stack application is nice though and stuff seems to die pretty fast, tho admittedly I don't have any experience playing corrupting fever so I don't know how it compares.

Yea efficacy works but it's much worse than the 30% more essence roll on gloves, so I just went with those cause the craft is relatively easy. Looking at the gear some more though I need to just ditch suppression entirely - I'm never hitting the cap while using a fourth vow, and they are just wasted affixes while I'm at ~35% suppress that could be used to make my resist gearing way less annoying. With vow on I really shouldn't be in much danger from spells anyway as they are almost all gonna be elemental damage.

You got a pob someplace that Rue made? I'm sure his tree is way more efficient than mine as I especially hate my current timeless jewel placement.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea the warcry could always be faster, but I don't know how realistic it is to really get very far under ~1 unfortunately. Maybe with a 1h + redblade, but you'd give up so much damage vs a 2h. The immediately 4 stack application is nice though and stuff seems to die pretty fast, tho admittedly I don't have any experience playing corrupting fever so I don't know how it compares.

Yea efficacy works but it's much worse than the 30% more essence roll on gloves, so I just went with those cause the craft is relatively easy. Looking at the gear some more though I need to just ditch suppression entirely - I'm never hitting the cap while using a fourth vow, and they are just wasted affixes while I'm at ~35% suppress that could be used to make my resist gearing way less annoying. With vow on I really shouldn't be in much danger from spells anyway as they are almost all gonna be elemental damage.

You got a pob someplace that Rue made? I'm sure his tree is way more efficient than mine as I especially hate my current timeless jewel placement.

The issue with using those gloves is that it conflicts with Vaal Caress, which itself is BiS for your single target with a good corruption.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hmm +5 levels on reap is pretty large, but does it not apply -5 to all your supports? I'll have to check pob when I get home but I'm dubious that +5 reap levels makes up for losing two entire links.

His weapons are interesting though and would remove the need to go for spiritual aid, but I'm not seeing an easy way to craft them. Maybe find a few cheap floating around on the market

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What other type of builds are enabled or significantly enhanced by tattoos? For example, I would say warcry cooldown tattoos significantly enhance to almost enable Corrupting Cry. You can kinda sorta do it with Redblade Banner or Eternal Apple, but the build will never feel smoot for clear. Most melee strike skills are significantly enhanced by strike range tattoos, but not enabled.

I want to try something that's enabled by tattoos. I suspect this league will go core. I still don't care much for the content itself, tattoos are far too novel to not go core. They're almost on the level of cluster jewels. I want to try those builds now though because tattoos that cost a few chaos now will likely cost much more later. Think of build enabling uniques from Sanctum, much more expensive now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hmm +5 levels on reap is pretty large, but does it not apply -5 to all your supports? I'll have to check pob when I get home but I'm dubious that +5 reap levels makes up for losing two entire links.

His weapons are interesting though and would remove the need to go for spiritual aid, but I'm not seeing an easy way to craft them. Maybe find a few cheap floating around on the market
+5 gem levels, especially in a build that won't push overall gem levels, is ~60% more. Two 30% more supports(because that's what you're getting for Reap's 4th and 5th supports) is 69% more. Throw in the corruption, Vaal Caress wins. Throw in a double corrupt, it's even better.

He usually has crafting instructions in the pob, I guess not this time. I think it was alteration spam for the warlord mod, and then from there, idk.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I haven't seen much so far when it comes to 'build enabling' tattoos. It's mostly on the level of 'interesting tech', like red nightmare jewels for 2h axe/mace/sword builds (+block), which could enable more offense in those builds. Or more ways to stack ES/mana/charges/etc. Like, I could see a 2h Axe build of some sort with block stacking and Versatile Combatant for spell block maybe. Or maybe the slayer node for +frenzy charges + olesya's delight +30dex tattoo for a fire + lightning/DOT + shock attack build. That kind of stuff was possible before (maybe) but tattoos make them more viable/easy to do.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
+5 gem levels, especially in a build that won't push overall gem levels, is ~60% more. Two 30% more supports(because that's what you're getting for Reap's 4th and 5th supports) is 69% more. Throw in the corruption, Vaal Caress wins. Throw in a double corrupt, it's even better.

He usually has crafting instructions in the pob, I guess not this time. I think it was alteration spam for the warlord mod, and then from there, idk.

I looked at the swords in craftofexile a bit and I don't see any realistic way to do it. It's like over 10k alts to see t2 dot multi + t2 warlord mod, or like 8 divines worth of fossils - I can't see any way to reliably make them that doesn't cost many times more than just using a staff and spiritual aid. Perhaps dual wielding even without the warlord mod is better still since you can have generic dot multi suffix + craft phys dot multi, but a max rolled phys dot fractured staff is like 10c and you can throw like another 50c worth of minion essences at it to achieve nearly the same damage with spiritual aid.

Vaal caress corruptions are like 3 divines, and a +4 double corrupt doesn't even exist for sale. Seems way easier to buy any fractured glove and hit it with a couple essence of delirium > lock suffixes > veiled chaos for +2 aoe and shove the warcry in there and just use your 6l for reap. Hell if we're counting corruptions as options here getting a +2 fourth vow and linking it via tainted fusings is probably the best all around option.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I looked at the swords in craftofexile a bit and I don't see any realistic way to do it. It's like over 10k alts to see t2 dot multi + t2 warlord mod, or like 8 divines worth of fossils - I can't see any way to reliably make them that doesn't cost many times more than just using a staff and spiritual aid. Perhaps dual wielding even without the warlord mod is better still since you can have generic dot multi suffix + craft phys dot multi, but a max rolled phys dot fractured staff is like 10c and you can throw like another 50c worth of minion essences at it to achieve nearly the same damage with spiritual aid.

Vaal caress corruptions are like 3 divines, and a +4 double corrupt doesn't even exist for sale. Seems way easier to buy any fractured glove and hit it with a couple essence of delirium > lock suffixes > veiled chaos for +2 aoe and shove the warcry in there and just use your 6l for reap. Hell if we're counting corruptions as options here getting a +2 fourth vow and linking it via tainted fusings is probably the best all around option.
Didn't think a 5c unique would have corruptions that cost that much. You might be right on the gloves then. I'm much less versed on crafting that sort of thing.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got to Maps with Boneshatter Juggernaught. Easiest time I've had getting gear and killing things safely.

Any tips on Atlas Passive strategies? Furthest I've gor is killing Searing Exarch and the other one at that teir, but never felt like I've profited off doing maps.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was trying the freeze pulse/Ice Spear totem build by Von Vickton. I am still extremely squishy though. I was hoping that some tattoo usage would alleviate some of my resist requirement on gear so I could craft some more +life and then use Defiance of Destiny to help. Its just so bloody expensive. I've got 3 div so far, so once I get another 3 I can pick one up. My dps is pretty good so far though. I dont know how to use pob to see what I am at though, but it feels ok.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another noob question. If I want to turn this soul mantle into a 6l is it better to throw a million fusings at it at 20%+ quality, or use the crafting recipe?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was trying the freeze pulse/Ice Spear totem build by Von Vickton. I am still extremely squishy though. I was hoping that some tattoo usage would alleviate some of my resist requirement on gear so I could craft some more +life and then use Defiance of Destiny to help. Its just so bloody expensive. I've got 3 div so far, so once I get another 3 I can pick one up. My dps is pretty good so far though. I dont know how to use pob to see what I am at though, but it feels ok.

What? How are you even playing PoE without at least a 4 year masters in PoB?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Another noob question. If I want to turn this soul mantle into a 6l is it better to throw a million fusings at it at 20%+ quality, or use the crafting recipe?
I wouldn't throw fusings at it. Compare the cost of buying enough fusings for the crafting recipe vs. buying the omen of instant 6linking (whatever it's called) vs. just buying one already linked and throwing chromes at it for your colors.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

If you consistently make lots of 6L's, using fusings is statically cheaper. One or two 6L's here or there? Use the recipe, as you'll be that unlucky fucker that burns through 6k fusings.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't throw fusings at it. Compare the cost of buying enough fusings for the crafting recipe vs. buying the omen of instant 6linking (whatever it's called) vs. just buying one already linked and throwing chromes at it for your colors.
Didn't even realize there was another option

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Didn't even realize there was another option

listed for 2.2Div, or about 500c - approximately the same price as 1500 fusings. an already linked soul mantle is 2.7Div.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

listed for 2.2Div, or about 500c - approximately the same price as 1500 fusings
Prices look a lil different on Playstation. Divs are as low as 150c each. But none of those omens are on the market, and the few 6l soul mantles are like 6-12div. I'll probably just start building currency and either 1500 fusings will be cheap enough first, or those other prices will drop. Thanks for the info.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea if you're on playstation it's the fuckin wild west. That economy is so small that it's hard to say what the best method would even be.

The 6l omens have consistently been hilariously overpriced on the regular PC market though and the 1500 for the bench craft has always been a cheaper option.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea if you're on playstation it's the fuckin wild west. That economy is so small that it's hard to say what the best method would even be.

The 6l omens have consistently been hilariously overpriced on the regular PC market though and the 1500 for the bench craft has always been a cheaper option.
It just occurred to me to check d2jsp, as I have a shitload of fg built up from d2r seasons. And I can think I can just flat out buy this build in perfection without putting too much of a dent in the bank. Is the vidiris veil version (instead of the kikazaru one) worth the expense? Either way you lose a ringslot. And does hexproof or w/e from the veil still let you become cursed, or does it remove the self flagellation damage? (Sorry if some of this has been patched out, I'm going on basic google-fu as I learn this stuff on the fly)

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven't gotten to even a "grand heist" yet, but so far this and expedition seem to be the most valuable mechanics for finding useful shit. Blight, or w/e seems useful as well as the "anoint" mechanic seems like a massive boost with the right skill anointed.