Path of Exile

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Holy crap at all those changes to enchants/gems/lab founts! Looks like dedicated lab running is back on the menu boys.

That azmeri warlock ascendancy looks mighty interesting... off the top of my head, that node that's like blood magic but better is going to have all kinds of interesting effects. Especially with the node that allows you to swap ES for life, wow.

There's also the spawn enemy phantasms thing, I can see that synergizing with Sunder for instance, since you would get all the secondary explosions on a single target from them spawning. Last time I played a big hit Sunder build, I would every once in a while one-shot bosses that had adds due to that effect. Incoming ES -> life stacking slam build using bloodthirst support without having to be gimped by dissolution of the flesh? Hmmmm.

Really though, this shows GGG knows what we want: more crazy options to customize. Ascendancies, on top of ascendancies, on top of skill trees, with skill trees to the sides of those skill trees, and modifiers that can affect them all differently depending on what day of the week it is and whether it's a leap year. Bring it all on!! MOAR AUTISM AND MATH

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Did I miss something? Lab running has been profitable since forever.
Profitable? Sure, but it used to be kind of a dedicated thing people would have builds for and everything.
More popular as a thing to focus on, let's say.

EDIT: And also say goodbye to Metamorphs too, being replaced by Ultimatum. Not sad to see them go, tbh. Was always pretty meh IMO.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Massive league. Biggest I think I've ever seen. Big meta shake ups.

Bear in mind a few things:

New gems have transcribed versions which will be = some alt quality/helmet enchants
New gems MOSTLY have "mandatory" helm enchants built in (+2 spark proj)
GCP recipe being removed = high qual gems are VALUABLE now
GCPs are shit out by Ultimatum

Lab runners going to be busy. I really want to see the Merc vs Uber font rewards. I was a lab runner for a while trying to get my own enchants and I'd making 4-15 div in like a 2-3 hour frame on good days running 20 labs. I'm not sure if it will be more or less lucrative now, but I'm all for it. Excited to see some of the new transcribed shit.

BUNCH of meta uniques nerfed. Ashes lost mana res, Heatshiver lost 70% extra, and Kaom's gloves just got 2/3 less effective. All these things did provide immense power an outside of Ashes weren't hard at all to get. The Ashes thing just makes getting a tailored Dragonfang's better even though it got mana res/resists adjusted. Obviously Ashes is the only option for the former "Alt qual gem" builds that are now mostly just regular quality gems. So even though it got nerfed it may be more in demand.

The League Ascendancies look cool. The tinctures obviously are favored towards melee which is nice since melee has been struggling for the most part in the past few leagues. The blood caster looks like it's something you build towards and switch over to at high level or you'll just kill yourself. Definitely looks interesting though. The primalist is just Sanctifie Relics 2.0 which is nice. I'm not sure how often we'll see "good" ones but they're all tradable so who knows. Going to definitely be entire builds built around that though. There's also some nice QoL stuff probably like mana res so that can help offset some of the meta unique nerfs.

Ultimatum is back! Explodey builds unite! That was a great league and it condensed the looting down so much it wasn't like picking through trash. It also shit out currency pre-maps like none other. I think I had 30+ raw chaos before maps.

Chieftain explode now effects totems. A+ change. It didn't need to be minions or it'd be a cheese meta, but the totem boys were hurting. I think we'll actually see a lot of EA totem Chieftains now. There's probably primalist charms with Fire per Str so that build may be back as well. I tried it this league and I could only get it to the 20m damage mark for ~10-15 divines. Even with god gear I don't think it was hitting the 100m mark previous leagues did, but with these new ascendancies it may be possible.

One problem mentioned is the forest needs to spawn at the beginning of the map or you'll lose out on your wisp powerups. Hopefully they thought of this.

Overall looks like a fucking banger of a league. Like all leagues we'll have to see how fucking annoying some of the missing QoL is for the first few weeks to see if it really is as good as it looks.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Metamorph was a good low investment(one gilded scarab) that added very little time to your map. I agree that it was a very boring mechanic, but we have only a few remaining juice options that don't add time.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Profitable? Sure, but it used to be kind of a dedicated thing people would have builds for and everything.
More popular as a thing to focus on, let's say.

EDIT: And also say goodbye to Metamorphs too, being replaced by Ultimatum. Not sad to see them go, tbh. Was always pretty meh IMO.
The superior league won and the best thing about meta, the catalysts, gets merged. This is actually one of my favorite changes so far. I love Ultimatum. Really looking at some sort of melee skill this league.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The Pohx memes are rolling in.

Attachments

• ynerxzpfok3c1.png
    ynerxzpfok3c1.png
    359.2 KB · Views: 26

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol im actually thinking of RF. Its now more a life stack meta isnt it? Heard someone say that 7k life would break even with the old gem but no idea if thats true.

specifically using that new warlock of the mists tree with crimson power

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm no RF expert, but I'd expect an OG RF gem from Transcription from lab. Also I THINK at this point with some of the +hp items/ascendancy stuff it actually will scale faster, but have a lower ceiling without a lot of investment.

Some one mathed the breakpoints to equiv the old gem:

1701394726574.png

Keep in mind this is HP + ES and you hit a level 20 gem around level 88 or so. Even in a league start I think hitting those numbers if you're trying for it should be accomplishable.

Pohx said the problem lies within not stacking +gem levels as much anymore because it actually effects your fire trap single target damage. I'd imagine you just end up switching to a big hitter skill like firestorm instead as it may scale quicker with less investment. End game they're probably running Rathpith as well even though it won't benefit RF itself. Remember the Warlock ascendancy only gives +phys to spells so it won't do anything for RF, but something like Reap of BV (which got a ~45% buff at 10 stacks) would benefit.

I think Warlock is going to be the endgame big boy build. I'm thinking of BV Chieftain Warlock with it as my 2nd character after I minion cuck my way to 4 stones.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh boy, tons of fucking changes.
Bladefall no longer has a Lingering Blade penalty when triggered. I mean, I'm all for it, but I'm just confused. They teased making EK competitive during Crucible, but now make Bladefall via CoC the absolute king of leaving blades?

Why did they drop all the interactions with Frostbolt, Ice Nova, and Vortex? I mean, fuck 1-2 skills, but still...

Power Siphon change mean it won't work anymore with barrage support?

Dropping shard requirements on Shattering and Splitting Steel is welcome. But also weird. Shattering Steel looks dead without a numbers adjustment. Splitting Steel looks OP as fuck without a numbers adjustment. I mean, it already was, it was just held in check by horrible QoL. That they just removed. Worth noting that the patch notes on both of these skills felt incomplete.

Damn, small nerf to mines via their support gems. High impact and minefield lost some mine throwing speed(not an easy stat to get like attack and cast speed). Traps too, but fuck traps.

I think Ashes and Replica Dragonfang's Flight still have their use. I don't think Heatshiver and Kaom's Spirit will see much use given their setup requirements.

Returning Projectiles Support "nerfed" for poison.

Reduced drop rate of Forbidden Tomes. Hopefully that will demotivate people to currency farm Sanctum for Mageblood and hyperinflate the economy.

Looks like a lot of interesting changes. Today was definitely a banger.

I was going to start Icicle Mines Deadeye, but I think the change to Heatshiver will force a reconsideration. Splitting Steel Champion is looking fucking nuts if I understand the changes correctly. CoC Bow BF-BB looking good as a second build of the league.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's even some nerfs people haven't figured out yet. SRS got nerfed hugely if my brain math is correct.

Summon Raging Spirit:
  • No longer has Minions deal 0-38% more Damage. Instead, the Raging Spirit's melee attack now naturally gains this damage scaling with level.
Seems fine except that more modifier applies to shit like flat chaos damage (poison SRS) or Wrath/Anger (elemental SRS) so it's a huge loss on SRS. I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about it yet as SRS is one of the premier do it all builds.

However my boy Absolution got buffed with minion cooldown recovery which ends up being huge especially for Vaal Absolution. That's 40% more Ion Cannons!

This may be the first league we see Enhance being run outside of Heralds. Some of these gems with a level 4 enhance are probably worth using it over a 6th link.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The special spectres look super cool but keeping spectres alive has been kind of shit for a while now. I'm sure I'd weapon swap, fuck up my stats, poof everything and be mad. Accidentally killing all my own shit or mashing the wrong button and fucking up my spectre posse or forgetting I needed to take out Spell Echo are all annoying things that occur. I'm really skeptical it will be worth the headache. Maybe they've got the power such that you can allocate a lot more resources towards keeping them alive then again maybe not. I'm sure the minion bros will figure it out.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just one minion pro tip a lot of people don't know: if you have to take minion gems out of your gear for any reason, do it in a town, not in hideout. It won't unsummon them when you fix your item/socket colors/etc. Definitely saves a lot of frustration with spectres.

One of the best way to keep spectres healthy is the 5% minion health recovery on minion death. The lazy/bad way of doing it is linking phantasms to like zombies or carrion golem. The better way is resummoning skeletons and over-riding the previous skeletons. Especially with spell echo that's like 40% of minion hp every summon. Also works with SRS recasts over-riding. The good thing about actual spectre builds is you didn't have to manage them so you can be casting some bullshit spell if you're not marking/desecrating/offering yourself. If you can afford it I really like zombie/phantasm/cullingstrike/feeding frenzy. If you've stacked decent minion hp the zombies will be up for most things outside of corpse explodes and nasty AEs. Can also sub culling strike for minion life support.

Also unrelated looks like we'll be able to blast Merc lab with skeleton gems until we get the skeleton mage gem fairly easily (hopefully). That's a solid build.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just one minion pro tip a lot of people don't know: if you have to take minion gems out of your gear for any reason, do it in a town, not in hideout. It won't unsummon them when you fix your item/socket colors/etc. Definitely saves a lot of frustration with spectres.

One of the best way to keep spectres healthy is the 5% minion health recovery on minion death. The lazy/bad way of doing it is linking phantasms to like zombies or carrion golem. The better way is resummoning skeletons and over-riding the previous skeletons. Especially with spell echo that's like 40% of minion hp every summon. Also works with SRS recasts over-riding. The good thing about actual spectre builds is you didn't have to manage them so you can be casting some bullshit spell if you're not marking/desecrating/offering yourself. If you can afford it I really like zombie/phantasm/cullingstrike/feeding frenzy. If you've stacked decent minion hp the zombies will be up for most things outside of corpse explodes and nasty AEs. Can also sub culling strike for minion life support.

Also unrelated looks like we'll be able to blast Merc lab with skeleton gems until we get the skeleton mage gem fairly easily (hopefully). That's a solid build.

I know that intellectually but I also know how often I fuck something up.

edit - Ultimatum was also pretty rough on spectre survival

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
the ability to use warcries to cause corpses to drop extra items. <~ lol, imagine a shouting barb yell at a corpse and out pops more loot.

Explode totems sounds fun, but been a while since I played cyclone through. Think it'll be alright for this now?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
League mechanic looks inoffensive enough. Trans gems(lol) could shake up the meta a bit. Now to settle on a leaguestart!