Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
1711337491081.png

Contagion = Convocation (GGG said it was a typo)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Glad's a complete, complete rework when it's coming. Necro got like 2.5 nodes changed. Glad needs all but challenger charges changed.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
League Starter choice changes every day. Now I'm thinking Detonate Dead. Never played that but seems pretty good for mapping and a bit more tanky?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I started Ignite DD last league. I hated it, it made me quit for like a week. I came back and restarted corrupting fever champ, which I absolutely loved. I hate playing the same build twice but I really haven't found anything good enough so far to replace CF Champ.

Although I was thinking about this DIRT cheap ancestral warchief starter.... Leaguestart Ancestral Warchief Champion - Tankier Version [3.24] by Xanthochroid someone please poke holes in it and tell me I shouldn't.

Here's the video to explain it:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

I started Ignite DD last league. I hated it, it made me quit for like a week. I came back and restarted corrupting fever champ, which I absolutely loved. I hate playing the same build twice but I really haven't found anything good enough so far to replace CF Champ.

Although I was thinking about this DIRT cheap ancestral warchief starter.... Leaguestart Ancestral Warchief Champion - Tankier Version [3.24] by Xanthochroid someone please poke holes in it and tell me I shouldn't.

Here's the video to explain it:
What was it with DD that sucked?

Im thinking of doing either Righteous Fire, Lightning Arrow, Detonate Dead or Lightning Conduit. A few of them are kinda squishy though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
For Ancestral Totems:

It's going to clear slow as fuck. You'll be able to do bosses fine, for sure.

But you're going to be walking through maps, not running through.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
What was it with DD that sucked?

Im thinking of doing either Righteous Fire, Lightning Arrow, Detonate Dead or Lightning Conduit. A few of them are kinda squishy though.
I don't mind two button gameplay. I was fine with essence drain+contagion, and I was fine with Desecrate+DD. But when you start adding in Blessing haste, Arcanist Brand for curses, Focus, Flame surge (if you haven't gotten the glove mod yet) and Vaal DD on the juiced rares, then having to run underneath actual bosses on top of all that to apply scorched ground mod from the boots, it started to be a 10 button jungroan damage on tuesdays kinda build.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
hmmm automating the frostbolts is sorta interesting

I was just gonna shove them in arcanist brand with return to keep them in a pretty tight area due to arcanists capped projectile distance, but that's definitely still gonna be in the 1-2 button playstyle like DD/bladeblast etc.
CoC doesn't work because it obviates the bonus from Spell Echo repeats. CWDT might work, but at that point, might as well go full ward loop.

I did try this morning planning out a PoB. I got 13M dps on league starter gear, minus the Kitava's Thirst obviously. I couldn't find a way to use Automation support to get more Frostbolts. Because you're stacking so much reduced mana cost, you can't rely on a regular instant cast cooldown to get to 100 mana. The only option is Frostblink + Archmage and I'm sure you see why that's a terrible option.

Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Archmage is an interesting option. Pick up reduced skill effect duration, as long as it doesn't ruin your Arcane Cloak setup. Might patch some Frostbolt holes while clearing.

The last thought I had was...who cares? While clearing, your caster-centered Ice Nova of Frostbolts is a 5m+ radius and does ~100k a hit. That's probably enough to clear most packs. And if it isn't, that likely means you're casting it enough to proc a Frostbolt. The only consideration is to then stack enough cast speed so that getting stuck in the self cast + repeat doesn't feel bad.

One too many gems if you Automate Arcane Cloak. Resists aren't capped but there's 3 crafts open on boots, gloves, and belt.

Aazrael

Respecced my lvl 88 Lightning Conduit to Detonate Dead. And even with trash level Gems and the wrong gear it worked pretty nice. Think I will go for that build this League, I like that you can focus on survivability and let the corpses do some of the damage scaling.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How much does the exsang of transmission change suck ? I’m not sure exactly how chain mechanics work. Will this affect the speed at which I can kill rare mobs that are surrounded by other mobs? Last thing I want is some lethal expedition rare left alive at the end, which already happened sometimes in 3.23 tho was mostly just for soil eater types

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
CoC doesn't work because it obviates the bonus from Spell Echo repeats. CWDT might work, but at that point, might as well go full ward loop.

I did try this morning planning out a PoB. I got 13M dps on league starter gear, minus the Kitava's Thirst obviously. I couldn't find a way to use Automation support to get more Frostbolts. Because you're stacking so much reduced mana cost, you can't rely on a regular instant cast cooldown to get to 100 mana. The only option is Frostblink + Archmage and I'm sure you see why that's a terrible option.

Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Archmage is an interesting option. Pick up reduced skill effect duration, as long as it doesn't ruin your Arcane Cloak setup. Might patch some Frostbolt holes while clearing.

The last thought I had was...who cares? While clearing, your caster-centered Ice Nova of Frostbolts is a 5m+ radius and does ~100k a hit. That's probably enough to clear most packs. And if it isn't, that likely means you're casting it enough to proc a Frostbolt. The only consideration is to then stack enough cast speed so that getting stuck in the self cast + repeat doesn't feel bad.

One too many gems if you Automate Arcane Cloak. Resists aren't capped but there's 3 crafts open on boots, gloves, and belt.

Yea the base damage on ice nova looks decent enough that you could play it like old blade blast and just raw dog it for most packs.

If that's the case though I'm not sure I'd even want kitavas thirst - helm slot is so powerful for mana builds in general, and if my regular ice nova is clearing packs, why not just arcanist + return for bosses or whatever?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea the base damage on ice nova looks decent enough that you could play it like old blade blast and just raw dog it for most packs.

If that's the case though I'm not sure I'd even want kitavas thirst - helm slot is so powerful for mana builds in general, and if my regular ice nova is clearing packs, why not just arcanist + return for bosses or whatever?
Kitava's Thirst is essentially QoL. LW into a pack, hit IN. Not dead yet? Keep hitting IN. FB will eventually proc and they'll fall over. The answer is always close with enemies, hit them with IN. Never that guessing game "Is this rare chunky enough to warrant an Arcanist Brand?".

I'll admit I'm a bit neurotic about this. I don't like playing Lightning Strike because I know could backstep for more dps. I also know that it's only a second or two of difference and thus not worth worrying about. Being cognizant of the whole thing is fucking annoying.

What are the competitors for the helm slot? Mindspiral looks nice. I'm not going to consider Indigon, I hate ramp and so do you. Out of control ramp is even worse.

What do you do with your curse, hydrosphere, and sigil? At least one of them has to go for Frostbolt.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea mindspiral for the huge ES would be the primary contender I think, and it's common enough to get a fancy corruption as well.

I think the math works to automation your arcane cloak? You're gonna want the increased cost on it given how much -mana cost stacking is going on otherwise it's gonna consume ~1000 mana and be worthless.

I'm fine casting a curse manually when needed, and I really don't think hydrosphere is even worth a gem socket. It has super weak exposure and we're not an elementalist or anything.

Tho given that this setup can really only run a single aura there's gonna be gem sockets to spare.

Why lightning warp over just regular old flame dash? Even with reduced support it's always felt super fucking clunky to me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea mindspiral for the huge ES would be the primary contender I think, and it's common enough to get a fancy corruption as well.

I think the math works to automation your arcane cloak? You're gonna want the increased cost on it given how much -mana cost stacking is going on otherwise it's gonna consume ~1000 mana and be worthless.

I'm fine casting a curse manually when needed, and I really don't think hydrosphere is even worth a gem socket. It has super weak exposure and we're not an elementalist or anything.

Tho given that this setup can really only run a single aura there's gonna be gem sockets to spare.

Why lightning warp over just regular old flame dash? Even with reduced support it's always felt super fucking clunky to me.
Arcane Cloak doesn't cost anything. It doesn't interact at all with changes to cost.

I was planning to use the -18% exposure mastery. I would like to use a Mark with the 25% inversion mastery, but that doesn't seem in the cards for Archmage builds at a low gear level.

LW is experimental. If it can be comfortable spammed like Leap Slam or Whirling Blades, it might help with Frostbolt procs.

Xevy

Log Wizard
A lot of streamers are "test running" builds right now. A lot of DDers and shit out there if you're trying to decide. I've always been on the side that DD will take you to 4 voidstones fairly well, but the gameplay can suck depending on your tech and the damage ceiling is hard to get very high. I did watch some 40m dps Elementalist do Uber Maven on a video last night, but it was Affliction with a TWWT jewel with covered in ash and 3 20% corpse life charms so I'm not sure it's hitting that point again.

If you're a huge coward pussy, like me, just play SRS Guardian or Poison SRS Necro. It will do everything you need to do. Then when you have money/items fuck around with a more enjoyable/higher ceiling build.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Not sure if this is applicable but I made a frostbolt/Ice nova Kitava's thirst build in Crucible. Ice Nova won't proc on the frostbolts, but rather from your body if it's triggered from Kitava's Thirst. Not sure if that matters in your plans though as I found FB was good clearing and Ice Nova just obliterated anything that stayed alive.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Other way around. Frostbolt is going in the hat. Triggering Ice Nova seems like a waste because you can't get any animationless repeats.

Of all the 1-2 builds, I think it's the only one that functions reasonably well where the 6L damage skill is triggering the 4L support skill.

• 1Like