Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay so I'm going to try a 4 man group instead of 6 with the setting for xp set that people not in the party don't get xp. That way my 4 will level faster. Going to do all custom. Aasimar bard neutral evil main character, dwarf fighter basically going the same route as Valerie, goblin rogue in the tank build, and then a cleric that i might try to go mystic theurge on with 3 levels of wizard.

What problems am i going to have?

With a well crafted party, I can't think of any. In my play through I often had 1 or 2 characters that were almost worthless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm nowhere near as far as others, only a little ways past the Stag Lord, but I made 3 specifically ranged characters so that even if I'm not actively casting spells, everyone is contributing.

My main is a 2h fighter, and also the tankiest, which isn't really saying a lot probably. Then I've got a druid and a rogue for my melee, along with the druid pet and a ranger pet. The pets help a lot since I'm not the sturdiest up front. I'd be a lot better off if the rogue were able to rape faces more with Finesse Training, but since it's bugged that hurts a little :(

For the back row, I've got the ranger of course, an Eldritch Archer Magus for the arcane casting duty (I love this class honestly, using a bow to deliver spells is awesome), and then my cleric that I started out as a Divine Huntsman Paladin for 2 levels, so he's got all the bow proficiencies and the paladin resists. I slacked pretty hard for healing at the beginning, with only a couple CLW and LoHs, but after level 5 or so that sort of went away.

Does level of the other companions matter at all for their ability to handle the kingdom stuff? It doesn't seem to, but that's potentially something that could hamper you. And I was going to say those tasks where you are forced to bring one along, but then I realized you have 2 free slots and don't need to drop anyone.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trying to skim the thread without getting too many inadvertent spoilers-

Is the consensus wait until after a major patch fixes a lot of bugs/balancing issues before starting this?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Trying to skim the thread without getting too many inadvertent spoilers-

Is the consensus wait until after a major patch fixes a lot of bugs/balancing issues before starting this?

there really isn't any spoilers in here, I bought the game, made it mostly through first act and decided to wait the month or two until it's ready and then start over.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would definitely wait for the 1.1 patch which is "after 10/22" ... and then probably another day or two while they pump out hotfixes to fix all the new shit they broke in the big patch.

That kind of sucks though since there's no way I'm going to have enough time to play through the whole thing between then and the release of RDR2, so I'll probably end up waiting for the second major patch before I bother.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think you can put a decent amount of time in before hitting any problems. I would play until you finish season of bloom quest, just don't do artisan quests

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I've had to stop 3 runs due to bugs and find it hard to run through the early game again at this point.

Really crushed my enjoyment of the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I was able to recover my fucked up game after the most recent hotfix actually did fix what the hotfix before that was intended to do...

I have subsequently run into several more annoying bugs but nothing that killed the game outright. A few are the natural result of it being such a complex game, but others are just the result of poor design decisions.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I find it terrible trying to min-max a game like this and see my efforts ruined by random shit.

Ironman must be a real hoot.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm especially fond of the scripted unwinnable fights that make you think you might have some chance of succeeding. That and the existence of certain plot elements which betray the open-choice nature of the game by having an implicit intended sequence. There's one place right now where you have a choice between A or B. If you do A and then B then everything is fine, if you do B and then A you are fucked.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've recently started streaming this, going with my 4 man group of main character Neutral Evil Bard, Tower Shield Fighter, Tanky Rogue, Mystic Theurge (soon). If people want to come hang out it would be amazing. Below is my edited post from the FoH streamers thread with schedule and stuff.

I wanted to try Mystic Theurge, because it's the kind of thing I could never bring myself to do in Pen and Paper since losing 3 levels on a caster is super painful. I figure it might work out in this though since I'll level faster with 4 than 6, so I should end up a little ahead of the curve. It's fucking painful not having spells though. Currently level 5 with 3 cleric 2 wiz, and it sucks.

Also 1.0.9 today Pathfinder: Kingmaker :: Hotfix 1.0.9 – October, 15th 2018

I have my personal I've been trying to get back into

Live Stream:
Games/Genres: Mostly Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Schedule: Thursday-Monday 11:30pm-2:30am EST, Tuesday-Wednesday 6pm-2am EST

Additional Info: Trying to start streaming a lot. Would like to get Affiliate and see if I can gather a small following with this game. Been a long long time since I streamed

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm especially fond of the scripted unwinnable fights that make you think you might have some chance of succeeding. That and the existence of certain plot elements which betray the open-choice nature of the game by having an implicit intended sequence. There's one place right now where you have a choice between A or B. If you do A and then B then everything is fine, if you do B and then A you are fucked.

I understood this game wouldn't be all that after finding out I couldn't pickpocket or kill any of the NPC's in the first castle.

Iirc you could try to steal / kill anyone in BG.

• 1Solidarity

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Very fun so far, but, damn, do I need to save/load often. Every second fight something goes wrong and I get smashed. Very hard so far (Level 3).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Remember that the closest thing to PnP rules is playing the game on normal with combat set to easy. Anything above that and enemies have way more AC, saves, and AB than they should.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Having stat drain that is not Con outright kill you in this game is extremely frustrating, especially when shit in Vordakai's Tomb drains you stuff like 8 Wisdom in a single hit, and then you outright die. It's fucking retarded, and it's not how the game works.

• 1Solidarity

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I admit I switched over to full healing on rest. There is so much god damn stat damage in this it's unreal. It just ends up being a shitload of busywork, where you cast restoration over and over and then rest again with switched out spells.

• 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
As far as we know it tomorrow. I have a broken Dave from stupid early in the game thati was forced to stop playing recently due to multiple events not popping wheni go to my home room, and then repeatedly failing for me not dealing with them