Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
As far as we know it tomorrow. I have a broken Dave from stupid early in the game thati was forced to stop playing recently due to multiple events not popping wheni go to my home room, and then repeatedly failing for me not dealing with them

I've looked and can't find anything confirming tomorrow is still the date

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I've looked and can't find anything confirming tomorrow is still the date

Not sure if this is accurate, but was watching Cohh play this a bit earlier today and he said that a while back they said they were going to either hotfix or do a large patch. He isn't sure the large patch is still coming since they have been constantly putting out fairly large hotfixes. They don't have the team size to do several hotfixes a week while also doing a major patch alongside it. Instead of it being very broken for a month, then release a large patch, they've released 1-2 hotfixes every week.

I'm still waiting for it to at least turn to 1.1 before playing it though. From what I've understood Act 1-3 had quite a few bugs, but playable. Act 4 onwards were very bugged. Now Act 1-4 is somewhat fixed while Act 5 onwards still have quite a few issues.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if this is accurate, but was watching Cohh play this a bit earlier today and he said that a while back they said they were going to either hotfix or do a large patch. He isn't sure the large patch is still coming since they have been constantly putting out fairly large hotfixes. They don't have the team size to do several hotfixes a week while also doing a major patch alongside it. Instead of it being very broken for a month, then release a large patch, they've released 1-2 hotfixes every week.

I'm still waiting for it to at least turn to 1.1 before playing it though. From what I've understood Act 1-3 had quite a few bugs, but playable. Act 4 onwards were very bugged. Now Act 1-4 is somewhat fixed while Act 5 onwards still have quite a few issues.

that's sort of what I figured. i'm also waiting for 1.1 as I don't wanna do a run through and then a huge patch comes out that changes everything for the better but I don't wanna play cause I just did it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
As far as we know it tomorrow. I have a broken Dave from stupid early in the game thati was forced to stop playing recently due to multiple events not popping wheni go to my home room, and then repeatedly failing for me not dealing with them
Fucking Dave.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
So I realized my Eldritch Archer was actually good while attempting to defeat the Troll King. That troll raped Valeria so hard I thought I was doing something wrong and I wasn't supposed to fight him head on. But then I discovered the power of stacking buff on that eldritch archer with rapid shot/ranged spell combat/spellstrike. Arcane accuracy (or truestrike i guess) makes up for the loss in atk rolls. Managed to reverse the situation and become the rapist. It was an interesting dynamic, haven't had these types of fights in other RPGs.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I always thought "hotfixes" were small patches that were usually in the tens of Mb, or at most a couple hundred, til I found this game and it's endless 2+ gb "hotfixes" lol

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
These loading times, dear god. I think it is 50/50 play time on my mobile game and Pathfinder, because it is mostly loading. And thats on a SSD.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I hear you Ridas Ridas !

What with the loading times, enormous "hotfixes", and the news coming out from the modding community about how convoluted the file system seems to be in this game, I'm starting to get the feeling that while the game looks gorgeous, they didn't have a top notch software engineer designing the whole back end of the game.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
On the plus side I am getting a lot of work done while playing this game. Everytime I hit a loading screen I do some work in another window and the time flies...

While I am enjoying this game it seriously makes me want to punch kittens more often than not. I never ever seem to have the time necessary to actually manage my kingdom, especially with the 2-week vacations necessary to level up each cabinet-level attribute. I got a quest to go help out death-chick all the way back over in butt fucking nowhere Valley and by the time I got there I was getting hit by massive hits to stability because the annual curse had come active while I was travelling. Had to go back to an earlier save and wait to deal with that bullshit as you lose a metric fuckton of stability from those stupid events.**

** serious what the fuck is up with the stability stat. If I build a whole new city with forts and massive infrastructure etc. I get like 5 stability which gets wiped out in a moment if some faeries go for a bender.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doing work during load times? Holy Christ, how long are the load times? 10-15 seconds is about as long a load time as is reasonable these days.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Doing work during load times? Holy Christ, how long are the load times? 10-15 seconds is about as long a load time as is reasonable these days.

It takes me 3-10 seconds on high end PC / SSD etc. Some people say it takes them a minute+.

But it's not that it takes that long that is an issue. It's the fact you're typically subjected to them once every 2-3 minutes and multiple times a minute while in the barony.

I doubt I'm going to ever return to finish the game. With so many options releasing regularly this will fall off my radar by the time they fix it from beta. At least I got to chap 4 with 55 buggy hours.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
But it's not that it takes that long that is an issue. It's the fact you're typically subjected to them once every 2-3 minutes and multiple times a minute while in the barony.

Was waiting for the fixes to buy this game, but the idea of 10 second loads every 2-3 minutes and especially several times per minute just kills my enthusiasm.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It's more that there is an obvious lull and so I tab over to do something rather than just sit there and take the time to finish that thought / bit before I move back.

10 seconds doesn't feel like much until you have it happen every few mins

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Remade char sheet 4x but finally got it just "ok_hand".

Seeing the table top rules come to life (attacks of opportunity etc) is pretty cool.

No problems so far. Difficulty seems right on normal.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Having stat drain that is not Con outright kill you in this game is extremely frustrating, especially when shit in Vordakai's Tomb drains you stuff like 8 Wisdom in a single hit, and then you outright die. It's fucking retarded, and it's not how the game works.

This makes Jaethal one of the more useful NPC's you can have, just for undead. Take away her scythe, give her a 1h and shield, and send her in to tank undead.

If it's not bugged and works like the pnp rules, as an undead she is immune to level and ability drain.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
80 hours in just did the huge Barbarian plains war fight. Was awesome. Act 5? No game breaking bugs so far....

Party I settled on is excellent on Normal difficulty with no modifications:

2 Two-Handed Fighters
2 Knife Rogues (Main and Nok Nok)
Nature Cleric / pet wolf
Sylvan Sorcerer / pet smilodon

6 melee with full buffs just butcher everything. Cleric throws the occasional group heal. 2 Rogues with Crippling Strike is insane ... not sure anything is immune to Strength drain?

Some key things to make Kingdom manager easy:

- ignore the "Projects" except the level up ones
- handle all the Problems and Opportunities

Doing that my kingdom has never been close to any unrest. Though it is annoying that they spam you with so many problems.

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I've only played 2-3 hours of this so far, but I'm very excited to get into it this weekend while my girlfriend is out of town. I will get incredibly hooked, play an unhealthy amount, and then be sad when I don't get to play for another 8 weeks until christmas.