Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sign me the fuck up. I am down for dungeoneering something up with this. Love it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
Closest thing yet to a new D&D 3.5 CRPG?

Though I'll forever lament that NWN3 is just never going to happen (/sniff), this will do nicely! Good to see Chris Avellone on board.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this looks very promising, but I very rarely preorder anything. See you all in September!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Closest thing yet to a new D&D 3.5 CRPG?

Though I'll forever lament that NWN3 is just never going to happen (/sniff), this will do nicely! Good to see Chris Avellone on board.

The Temple of Elemental Evil computer game that Atari put out back in 2003 is a mostly faithful recreation of that module done with the 3.5 ruleset. It's a little buggy but it is pretty good. I was always sad that we never got more like it and that we never got ANY goddamn 4th edition video games. That system plus vidya was such an obvious match and it just never happened.

If this game is Pathfinder flavored 3.5 turn based combat RPG stuff I expect it to eat several hundred hours.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
My hopes go beyond this game, in that I hope it does well enough that they expand into a mod kit and other AP's.

If they took the time to add 14 classes, dozens of archetypes, and 1000 spells, it would be a real shame to have it stop at just one game.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I really want them to do Starfinder. I like that better then Pathfinder at the moment as far as table top goes.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks good to me. Kingmaker was a solid adventure path that my friends and I played through a few years ago. The kingdom management part got a bit tedious at times, but having the game keep track of that should help a lot.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've never understood why there is such a lack of computer games that strictly follow tabletop rules, for both D&D and Warhammer (Fantasy). You can't tell me there isn't a market. I don't have time to play D&D, but it's something I fondly remember from when I did have time. I'd love to just play some video games when I have time, because I love the mechanics of the classes and combat. Alas, it's just never right.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Argarth

On the verandah
The Temple of Elemental Evil computer game that Atari put out back in 2003 is a mostly faithful recreation of that module done with the 3.5 ruleset. It's a little buggy but it is pretty good. I was always sad that we never got more like it and that we never got ANY goddamn 4th edition video games. That system plus vidya was such an obvious match and it just never happened.

If this game is Pathfinder flavored 3.5 turn based combat RPG stuff I expect it to eat several hundred hours.

From their FAQ:
Q: Is combat turn-based or real-time with pause?
A: Our combat system is real-time with pause, with the option to auto pause after each real-time "turn".

I'm not bothered like some folks. If it's good, I'll happily feed it a ton of hours regardless.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've never understood why there is such a lack of computer games that strictly follow tabletop rules, for both D&D and Warhammer (Fantasy).

At least in the case of Warhammer, it's because GW believes it would detract from tabletop sales.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Huh they only used the Barbarian as a character. Shocked they didn't use the fighter, cleric, etc.

Looks really good. Hoping they expand this into other APs like Carrion Crown, Rise of the Runelords, Crown of the Crimson Throne, etc.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pre-ordering here too. Finally a Pathfinder CRPG.

Is Ryan Dancey the guy they flushed $ millions (?) down the toilet to develop the failed Pathfinder Online?

Pathfinder Online - Wikipedia

That smelled like failure from the outset. Completely wrong IP for a sandbox PVP MMOG.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Since Kuriin Kuriin introduced me to Pathfinder, got me hooked, and then cruelly abandoned me, I'm super-excited to see this. The trailers look incredible, and I watched episode 1 of someone playing it on YouTube and the sheer quantity of options available for classes and skills and spells is fucking amazing. I cannot wait.

Normally I'd buy just the normal version, but now I'm honestly considering the Imperial Edition because it includes a Season Pass. That includes three DLCs, supposedly. My concern is that I'm banking on those DLCs actually being made (and enjoying the game itself, but I feel pretty good from what I've seen). If the game is a huge hit then that's not a problem, but the Kickstarter didn't exactly Star Citizen it either. $40 for 3 DLCs seems like a great deal, as I'm assuming they will start out around $20. Of course, if they are only $15 I'm not really saving much vs. risking more. Fuck, I don't know what to do! (For the record, I don't give a fuck about soundtracks or PDF adventures, etc.)

God dammit. I just spent some time looking through the character classes, and Summoner isn't in, let alone the Synthesist archetype I made for Kuriin's campaign that I loved. Fuck me, that's the thing I was most looking forward to. Ok, that makes my decision easy, basic game only for now!

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only learned about this game a few months ago. I really have no idea how it managed to fly below my radar considering how much of a fan I am of isometric RPGs. Super stoked.