Pathfinder: Kingmaker

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like I'd recommend playing this game at lower difficulties, beacuse it's really fucking aids when things are hitting you for 40 damage at level 2

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like I'd recommend playing this game at lower difficulties, beacuse it's really fucking aids when things are hitting you for 40 damage at level 2
That big acid centipede? I had to reload that fight about 15 times. It's not even a boss fight. It's just random trash that is a lot harder than the rest.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The real question with these types of games for me these days is: Does it forcefully shove trannies/gays/lesbians and other SJW shit down your throat? I saw this on steam yesterday but didn't look much into it til I just read this thread and watched the trailer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Holy crap. I think I spent a good half hour just trying to figure out what character class I wanted to be. I mean they went all the fuck out in terms of adding in variety.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Holy crap. I think I spent a good half hour just trying to figure out what character class I wanted to be. I mean they went all the fuck out in terms of adding in variety.

I went for Armored Hulk barbarian. Barbarian speed and how while using plate? Fuck yar.

I am intrigued by the Alchemist a lot though. I like Linzi a lot too.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I went with a Grenadier Alchemist just because it seemed pretty cool and quite a bit different from the usual sort of things.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I went with a Grenadier Alchemist just because it seemed pretty cool and quite a bit different from the usual sort of things.

Yeah I almost picked that but I got apprehensive because this title seems to focus on Party member interactions more than other CRPGs lately. Which I really like. I hope there are more companion options to be found along the way. So I went with a fighter type.

So far I like this a lot m ore than PoE2: Dreadfire.

I adjusted the difficulty a bit but I might have to change it more. I do dislike how involved resting is... minigame by itself.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I am aware that I may end up changing my mind about the main character once I see the companions. I want to make sure I end up with a balanced party of characters that I like and I figured there was little chance of there being an Alchemist companion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Anyone play Bards IV and put in a chunk of hours on this yet? Which would you recommend to play first.

• 1Like

Caliane

havent played this yet, but considering all the bugs with Bards tale. This is probably the easy answer.

(do recommend/love bards tale though as well.)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Me too! Loved playing alchemist in pathfinder games, you want to focus on ranged feats like pointblank shot, rapid fire etc. More bombs and ability to not hit your allies next.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just watched streams so far since I'm finishing another game ... but goddamn those character sheets alone look fucking awesome. Not aware of a game with character sheets that have a timeline of points invested each level.

Seems like they implemented nearly all Pathfinder character mechanics?
Gonna take hours to roll 1 guy ...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It is getting difficult for me to continue holding off on this. If they had included Summoners from the get-go, I'd have pre-ordered the Season Pass :( Love that fucking class. That's another reason I am trying to wait, in case they implement more classes later.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There must be a good reason why they didnt given that they included so freaking many classes and subclasses (not to mention Prestige Classes) as it is.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
havent played this yet, but considering all the bugs with Bards tale. This is probably the easy answer.

(do recommend/love bards tale though as well.)

Tons of comments on bugs and balance issues on the steam forums about this too though. People with dozens of hours in the beta saying that a lot of things mentioned in the beta aren't fixed now either.

Then again, Bards Tale has bugs too but I am 25 hours into that and yet to encounter any major bugs (thought I did, but was my fault). I will definitely get this later on, but right now I have way too many things to play as it is. I still have Bards Tale, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Dragon Quest and the DE version of Divinity Original Sin 2. Then in a month Red Dead Redemption 2. This can wait until decemberish. Let it cook some more to iron out balance issues.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am aware that I may end up changing my mind about the main character once I see the companions. I want to make sure I end up with a balanced party of characters that I like and I figured there was little chance of there being an Alchemist companion.

That plus alchemists generally are a good all around support character. They can heal some they can damage they can turn into my hyde and punch shit in the face depending whats needed.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There must be a good reason why they didnt given that they included so freaking many classes and subclasses (not to mention Prestige Classes) as it is.
The original version of summoners was pretty fucking broken you could game the shit out of it to do some really zany stuff. I could see them putting the alternate unhinged summoner build in for a future update as those are a lot less abusable.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So on the SSD comment... I have one, and have it installed on the SSD. The map loading seems slow, and then the actual gameplay is fine. Is that standard? I’ve been out of actual pc gaming for so long I’m not sure if my laptop is slow (brand new) or if I’m just being picky.