Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I assume you don't get the key until the kickstarter is done though, can't find any confirmation but that'd make sense since Kickstarter doesn't actually give them money until it's over and it'd be weird for them to hand over keys when you can just cancel your pledge after.

I don't have enough experience with Kickstarter to say one way or the other. Maybe they are willing to take that chance, and give out keys now, to get more people playing and donating. After all, why go through all the trouble of Kickstarter, if you planed to refund it, when you can just pirate the game.

Regardless, it would be a good question to ask. The kickstarter has an empty FAQ that's in need of a question...
They also have a link to their Discord, where you might get an answer.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I didn't back the first one but I did enjoy 140 hours of playing it. Even if the initial release was so shit it boned my first 20 hours so I had to start up again.

I will be backing this one.

Shmoopy

Kicktraq estimating over $5 million:

If it was hard to pick a class in the first game, this one is gonna be ridiculous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Some of the Mythic paths they've announced are crazy. Full on lichdom as a player character??!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Some of the Mythic paths they've announced are crazy. Full on lichdom as a player character??!

Have you never played DND before? Fags doing shit like that in campaigns is pretty common. Whenever we had someone do that the DM would be a total bitch to them though. Because much like if Liches were real. Players going for the path of lich are almost universally fags.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Have you never played DND before? Fags doing shit like that in campaigns is pretty common. Whenever we had someone do that the DM would be a total bitch to them though. Because much like if Liches were real. Players going for the path of lich are almost universally fags.
Unless campaign was all evil alignment if anyone ended up evil aligned I would then take them over as an NPC. Only the GM can be evil aligned!

• 2Worf

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

It actually makes sense for this AP. A lich is a major player and powerful being on a mortal prime material world. A lich in the abyss or a demon conquered world is just another spellcasting chump that's a little harder to kill.

So yeah. They'll stand side by side with the paladins.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm taking the path of Legend and taking no faggy mythic path. I will strike down some Demon Lords and say, "nay I am but a man!"

• 1Solidarity

Shmoopy

Damn, opening theme music pretty epic.

Next goal is evolution for animal companions and mounts with armor / jewelry slots for them as well. Yes please.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Looking forward to this but hot damn do I hope they've learned their lessons in Kingmaker. Really do not want to play another, bugged out of the ass mess like Kingmaker was at release. And please have a decent UI this time around.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I hope so too. At least they have their engine put together well now but who knows. They are going to have to think up a ton of stretch goals here and mounted combat already looks retarded. I avoided any PF game I could where the DM wanted to do it. Because fuck dealing with a god damn horse in the game man. No time for that shit.

• 1Salty

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My DM will give us followers and mounts for combat almost as status symbols. He basically says he likes the idea of them but the more problematic they become in combat, the more he'll get pissy and try to kill them. If your just attacking normally from your mount then no problem, bit if you start doing weird things like jumping off the horse and polymorphing it a red dragon, then as luck would have it, your enemies all have dragonslaying gear

• 1Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I tried mounted combat in one campaign, honestly it seems like it would be super fun in a campaign that has in it mind. For most games it's super impractical though

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
GOG sent me an time limited offer for a discount on the the Imperial Edition (80€) bringing it to 32€.

Fanatical.com has a -65% deal bringing the same to around 30€ for the next 6 days, or -60% for the standard edition:

Also about that Adventure Path they are using, stolen from this reddit post:
Man, I was almost about to bite on the Imperial Edition at full price last weekend, and now they are sold out. I may just wait and see if they come back into stock, and if not go for the kickstarter deal.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I played in a very early 3.0 game where one of our players was a halfling paladin mounted on a riding dog, which ended up working pretty well due to being medium size rather than large.

Shmoopy

All I care about now is my Leopard pets are getting armor, AC, and stats jewelry. Gonna be absurd off tanks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah i havent played PnP in so long that I don't have the foggiest clue how to powergame anymore. I struggled a bit with Pillars.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yay! Blinged out pets and mounts! I also see they're going all out making character races that will make the Furries happy.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
yeah i havent played PnP in so long that I don't have the foggiest clue how to powergame anymore. I struggled a bit with Pillars.

I haven't played Pillars since release but it had a number of elements that pissed me off. Mercs being available being one and the unbelievable power of the Ambush Arquetype Rogue. Since it has some odd mass stealth mechanic you could just sneak up and unload your 4 arquebus sneak attack modifiers on anything. I am not a min maxer per se but that tactic was so easy to use that it was hard not to use it...

Kingmaker had a few classes that were absurd but you had to powergame or read a lot to figure them out. Minus the Base Management and buggy release I find Kingmaker objectively better than Pillars.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Onto the Skald stretch goal now. At least they aren't getting outside of the usual pathfinder stuff yet. They'll hit the next one today too I'm sure.

Going to be a wild ride.