Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
They are adding in Turn-Based mode so no reason not buy it now. Kickstarter I dislike RTwP in games especially because they try to turn a turn based table top systems into something it wasn't from the start.
Only got into Kingmaker after I downloaded the Turn-Based mod.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They are adding in Turn-Based mode so no reason not buy it now. Kickstarter I dislike RTwP in games especially because they try to turn a turn based table top systems into something it wasn't from the start.

I played it as RTWP and just dealt with it. Was it much nicer as Turn based in Kingmaker?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I saw that update today, pretty great news. I never tried the mod in Kingmaker, but I'd much rather play Turn Based.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
I played it as RTWP and just dealt with it. Was it much nicer as Turn based in Kingmaker?
For me Turn-Based was great, but made the game easier maybe (can adjust difficulty for that)? Also slowed the gameplay down a bit but you can switch to realtime for the easy fights.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Turn-based is always the best option, unless it's the bullshit trash fights like a pack of wolves or whatever. But, for shit like the Troll boss room, bandit camp, etc.? Shit was invaluable and I can't imagine how frustrating RTwP would be, especially on higher difficulties. I guess if you just want to faceroll it for the story on easy, RTwP probably works fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Turn-based is always the best option, unless it's the bullshit trash fights like a pack of wolves or whatever. But, for shit like the Troll boss room, bandit camp, etc.? Shit was invaluable and I can't imagine how frustrating RTwP would be, especially on higher difficulties. I guess if you just want to faceroll it for the story on easy, RTwP probably works fine.

Lot of pause mashing at times lol

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the biggest problem i experienced with the turn based mod in kingmaker, was that the game wasn't built with it in mind so certain encounters became SIGNIFICANTLY easier. it turned it into a tactical game without a tactical difficulty

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I can't be the only one who checks the kickstarter page daily to see what the next feature to be unlocked is, and think that I just might back this game... on the last day of the campaign

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I can't be the only one who checks the kickstarter page daily to see what the next feature to be unlocked is, and think that I just might back this game... on the last day of the campaign
I'm doing the same. I'm going to back it but I just keep waiting to see what they are going to do.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I backed it outright. I have complete faith that they can crank out another 140 hour epic adventure.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I backed it outright. I have complete faith that they can crank out another 140 hour epic adventure.

Yeah, this is only the 2nd Kickstarter I've ever backed (1st was Battletech by HBS). I'm wholly opposed to Kickstarter in principle, but I don't mind shelling out the cash for proven companies.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This made me reinstall Kingmaker with the turn based mod. Spent all day having a blast in the endless dungeon mode.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We're up to one more archetype per class. Most of these stretch goals aren't too hard to do but considering how many archetypes kingmaker had... whew boy some weird shit is coming out of the woodwork. Might be the first time a lot of archetypes have ever existed within a game.

Even in Kingmaker archetypes like armored hulk barbarian were especially fringe and I was surprised to see it in the game.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if they can scoop up 100k more in 3-4 days? Having HoMM III inspired combat would be insane

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Beta started today.

Direct Kickstarter link to update: HERE
2021-02-02 23.35.24 www.kickstarter.com c4304cb63e3d.png

2021-02-02 23.35.51 www.kickstarter.com f542f0aad691.png
2021-02-02 23.36.24 www.kickstarter.com 143b05792984.png

New gameplay trailer:

Something different: A "community quest" (kinda like a Lets Play) where you vote (throughout this week) on the choices they will make in the gameplay video on Friday. Community Quest: The Chronology

Direct Kickstarter link to update: HERE

Trailer for their little 'choose how the devs play the game' event:

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I been watching people streaming this on Twitch and I really want to play it but don’t feel like paying $140 for the beta early access. I probably cave in and buy it.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I was one of the people that didn't realize that Alpha didn't let you play beta. Fucking lame but my fault also. It was pretty fun in alpha and the story is pretty cool. It seems they just took all the mods from kingmaker and just put them in the game.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I put almost 80 hours into the other pathfinder when it was a released buggy piece of shit (and never finished it because you couldn't at the time afaik). Hopefully they learned their lesson, but I won't buy day 1 again ;O

• 1Like