Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Pets were OP as fuck in the fist one too. This is why everyone used the pet classes/summoners to clear the game on the highest difficulties.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pets were OP as fuck in the fist one too. This is why everyone used the pet classes/summoners to clear the game on the highest difficulties.
Yeah, I named my Paladin's horse "Bad Horse", went with aggressor, and he's a monster. It's basically like having a 7th party member.

• 2Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm not exactly feeling the majesty of a war between Heaven and the Abyss being waged by tripping. Especially when a good number of those involved either have tree trunk legs or fly.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am going Lich right now but next playthrough is totally going to be the Swarm that Walks or Gold Dragon.

I had been following that meat shield video a few pages back. I didn't realize that Lich could be missed out on completely with no way to unlock after the fact. I tried to pivot to another Mythic class but when I went to respec in game it only let me choose trickster. Bit bummed.

Is it possible to adjust the difficulty up mid run? Considering rerolling in story difficulty and going full evil and then upping the difficulty once I get back to this spot.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I had been following that meat shield video a few pages back. I didn't realize that Lich could be missed out on completely with no way to unlock after the fact. I tried to pivot to another Mythic class but when I went to respec in game it only let me choose trickster. Bit bummed.

Is it possible to adjust the difficulty up mid run? Considering rerolling in story difficulty and going full evil and then upping the difficulty once I get back to this spot.
You can adjust the difficulty on the fly in the options menu. I don't know if you can do it in mid battle but you can do it between battles I'm pretty certain.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Only Angel and Demon are always unlocked, you can "miss" everything else.

• 2Like

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I decided to stick with my original run, I made it to where the world really opens up and it's....a lot.

I'd never played the first game but in the last couple of years my friends and I started a Zoom DND game so I thought this would be fun (it is) but other than knowing this had a DND base I went in pretty much blind.

I had no idea about the basebuilding, enemy troop advancement, morale and resource management stuff. Like I said, its a lot. I'm not sure if I like it, it feels a bit overwhelming.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Deep cleansing breaths. Take it one step at a time. If it seems too much you can always enable 'auto campaign' and the AI will build bases and do army shit for you.

I personally enjoy having my one super squad that just wrecks armies with no casualties thanks to a combo of Fireball and Heal on the general.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Apparently we shouldn't be in a rush to get to A4+ while some quest bugs are fixed.

So I started theorycrafting a blight druid. Lost track of 3 hours in a hurry.

Edit: how the fuck is a two handed scythe not a reach weapon

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I used to really hate dipping as it is so unbelievable immersion breaking to do it. Pathfinder class dipping has so much less penalties than dual classing/multiclassing in Forgotten Realms or similar there is like no reason to not do it.

But as a fantasy nerd it rustles my jimmies that a barbarian would dip into a cross blooded sorcerer for one level just to get the multiple bloodlines and tap out the lvl 20 bloodline feats like in that meat shield build posted a few pages ago. Sounds legit!

Given how utterly insane you can get with the correct dips I can appreciate it more now. Although it's still conceptually stupid. I am thinking up some lvl 40 Legendary builds because I really want to go hog wild with that and see how completely insane it could be.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Edit: how the fuck is a two handed scythe not a reach weapon

Have you ever held a scythe? They shouldn't even count as weapons. You'd be better off removing the blade and using the handle as a staff. A "war scythe" is essentially a polearm; you'd never know it was a scythe if not for the name.

1631808327282.png

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm not exactly feeling the majesty of a war between Heaven and the Abyss being waged by tripping. Especially when a good number of those involved either have tree trunk legs or fly.

How do you think God kicked Lucifer out of Heaven in the first place? He fucking tripped his ass, and he fell all the way out and down to Earth. God had all the trip perks.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I used to really hate dipping as it is so unbelievable immersion breaking to do it. Pathfinder class dipping has so much less penalties than dual classing/multiclassing in Forgotten Realms or similar there is like no reason to not do it.

But as a fantasy nerd it rustles my jimmies that a barbarian would dip into a cross blooded sorcerer for one level just to get the multiple bloodlines and tap out the lvl 20 bloodline feats like in that meat shield build posted a few pages ago. Sounds legit!

Given how utterly insane you can get with the correct dips I can appreciate it more now. Although it's still conceptually stupid. I am thinking up some lvl 40 Legendary builds because I really want to go hog wild with that and see how completely insane it could be.
Yeah, I fucking hate class-dipping and multi-classing just as a general rule. However, most min/max Pathfinder builds pretty much require it. You can make some really busted shit with it. Plus, you can't really do the hardest difficulty without that level of min/maxing. I'm on Core just using companions and even that is tough as shit on certain fights, just because of the way Owlcat started off some of them. The ones you get super early are easy enough to salvage (Woljif into Vivisectionist is nutty - dex mutagen with feral mutagen and then an amulet of agile fists? Big deeeps) though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya these 40ac chars you can make in early game with big ass cleaves lol. I remember it from the first game, I'd save that stuff for max difficulty.

Part of the beta and internal testing was making sure you could auto level all the base chars and beat the game.

I have a crossbow mainhand/primary weapons set on my wizard. Gave him the +1 DC on his evocation spells dagger on his wep swap. He shows that he has it on his belt. I'm thinking I don't have to swap it on to get the bonus?

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Almost all builds have a dip into vivisectionist and then caster/fighter hybrid

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Almost all builds have a dip into vivisectionist and then caster/fighter hybrid
What's the deal with vivisectionist? I don't think I've even looked at that class, just because there are so many available and it fell off of my radar.

Zareth

Trakanon Raider
What's the deal with vivisectionist? I don't think I've even looked at that class, just because there are so many available and it fell off of my radar.
They get mutagen at lv1 pls a rank of sneak attack. The mutagen gives you a +2ac natural armor bonus and a plus 4 physical ability bump at the cost of a -2 to wis int or cha of your choice. So a lot of bang for your buck of a 1 lv dip.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Mathfinder! Now imagine doing this all on pen and paper. Wrath is by far the easiest and hardest campaign I have ever ran.

• 2Like