Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I cannot find the damn portrait pack I used. Reinstalled Windows and lost the shits.
Looks like copy right issues got the portrait packs removed from Nexus. Maybe this one:

I use this huge pack:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some random dude I talked to about the game (dont worry he isnt gonna follow me here!) 2 years ago or something got the same portrait pack from me, but the folders had different names.

Well, combined with the Arcemi Wrath of the Righteous editor, I was able to get all my shit back in order. Pras:

1679205699899.png

I needed this to be my dual throwing orc primal druid again...

1679205736638.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Some info on the second to last DLC. Never finished my first play for you because I got busy with work, and I've been meaning to go back and play it but I don't necessarily remember everything. I'm tempted to wait until all of the DLCs are out and go do a fresh playthrough. Was having a lot of fun with the game though and it's pretty phenomenal.

• 2Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Some info on the second to last DLC. Never finished my first play for you because I got busy with work, and I've been meaning to go back and play it but I don't necessarily remember everything. I'm tempted to wait until all of the DLCs are out and go do a fresh playthrough. Was having a lot of fun with the game though and it's pretty phenomenal.

DLC is either post end game or new side adventures, considering how long the game is you are safe to keep it rolling.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
DLC is either post end game or new side adventures, considering how long the game is you are safe to keep it rolling.
I think I'm debating another playthrough just because I haven't touched the game and so long I just don't remember necessarily where I was at and what's going on. I mean I know I'm doing the crusade and stuff but as far as where I was at with various side quests and what have you, that's all a mystery. I can probably jump back in and figure stuff out looking at my quest logs and such. I just don't remember much about the different companions and where I was at for why I was doing different things for them.

Caliane

I ran out of steam on my second playthrough at the end of act 4.
still have not played inevitable excess dlc, through the ashes dlc.

the game is so long. 512 hours between first and second unfinished playthroughs. (turnbased.)
The "treasure of the midnight isles" dlc is a real slog in the campaign. super op items, but oh god is it so boring.

This 5th DLC is part two of Through the ashes DLC. which is a side campaign. you start new characters for it, its NOT part of the main campaign.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

jeez, shaping up to be a big dlc.

15 new classes/archetypes.
part1

shaman: prophet of pestilence.
Paladin: Tortured Crusader
Cleric: Separatist
Druid: Winter Child
Cavalier: Ghost Rider
Shifter: Weretouched
Wizard: Shadowcaster
Witch: Hag of Gyronna

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Caliane

Lord of Nothing DLC just released. its a continuation to the "from the ashes" side campaign.

additionally, Patch 2.2.0as.

lots of new feats, 12 new spells (meteor swarm), new items, the assassin rework. (the new archetypes require lord of nothing dlc.)

so big, its in two parts.

Base game, and season 1 dlc is currently 70% off. season 2 dlc is 20% off. (season 2, is shifter dlc, new class, new companion/questline for main campaign, lord of nothing, and dlc #6 beach episdoe yet to be released)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Lord of Nothing DLC just released. its a continuation to the "from the ashes" side campaign.

additionally, Patch 2.2.0as.

lots of new feats, 12 new spells (meteor swarm), new items, the assassin rework. (the new archetypes require lord of nothing dlc.)

so big, its in two parts.

Base game, and season 1 dlc is currently 70% off. season 2 dlc is 20% off. (season 2, is shifter dlc, new class, new companion/questline for main campaign, lord of nothing, and dlc #6 beach episdoe yet to be released)

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
season 1 dlc is currently 70% off
Ah yes the player favorite season 1 pass whose 3 individual packs earned sterling ratings of 39%, 62%, and 48% on Steam. Or good old Season 2 which they started selling 5 months before they actually released the first DLC for it, are just now releasing the second DLC 13 months later, and god only knows how long it will be before they release the third promised DLC.

To give them the little credit they've earned, the first DLC of season 2 actually managed 77% positive.

• 1Hodjing

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not a fan of the way they do most of their DLC as post-story or standalone stuff. I can kind of understand with the main game being so long though, but it's not stuff I'll ever play, whereas meaty DLC that adds a lot of stuff to the main game will get me to come back eventually and do another playthrough.

Burns

As much as I love their main games, the whole DLC model for games like this are mediocre at best. Give me an expansion or a whole new 30-40+ hour campaign.

At least for this game, the combination of the two DLCs into a 10 level campaign might be better than any of the other ISO RPG DLCs that I have played, when I eventually get around to playing them.

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not a fan of the way they do most of their DLC as post-story or standalone stuff. I can kind of understand with the main game being so long though, but it's not stuff I'll ever play, whereas meaty DLC that adds a lot of stuff to the main game will get me to come back eventually and do another playthrough.

Agreed, DLCs should be more like expansions like for Baldur's Gate, Pillars of Eternity or Fallout New Vegas. I want to beef up my main character, not jump into some small 4 hour side story with a completely new character

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

I have no idea what the best way to do DLC is. many of the versions tried, just aren't super profitable. expacs, etc.
Full expac, you often get people that just don't buy them. price is too high. unless its a multiplayer game.

never touched grim dawns iirc. maybe 1 of them. so even when the main STORY is gated behind dlc/expac, nah.

I do like terraria, and the like. free dlc/updates that spawn new sales of the base game.

here they tried a bunch of things.

inevitable excess is a post game dlc questline. didnt try it yet myself.
treasure of the midnight isles is a new game mode, and sidequest within the main campaign. (amazing loot, but also insanely boring within the campaign)
shifter dlc is a proper add to the main campaign. new quest, new companion, new class.

through the ashes, and now lord of nothing is a second campaign. I hadn't touched this yet myself, but the addition of the followup I might sooner then later.

Each of these did also come along with major patches to the base game, without purchase of the DLC. content and general fixes.

The problem with DLC being added to the main questline. well, you already played it. its going to make you play it again? how much content can it really have added? shifter dlc might be great, but you're going to play that 200 hour campaign again just for that?

For me, the through the ashes/lord of nothing campaign is more desirable. I'd rather that. a new story, new campaign, and with it a better option to try new classes.

post campaign dlc often sucks, do to lack of progression. you're usually level caped in the main campaign. and yes, some games plan for it, and cap you early, and raise the cap in dlc.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I did most of the tutorial on unfair/for the star stone achievement

Takes some maximum autism and kiting lol

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Sorry if this has been asked, but how is this compared to Baldurs Gate 3 in respect of the turned based combat? I did not think I'd enjoy this type of gameplay but I freaking loved BG3. But I also realize it's on a level all by itself.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sorry if this has been asked, but how is this compared to Baldurs Gate 3 in respect of the turned based combat? I did not think I'd enjoy this type of gameplay but I freaking loved BG3. But I also realize it's on a level all by itself.

I wanna underscore this as much as possible

If you are dedicated to true autismal min maxing and extremely long campaigns, this easily beats BG3

If you're more of a casual in such matters, go ahead and play the bear fucker game

• 2Like

Burns

Be aware, this game can be played as both turn based and real time w/ pause. I like turn based for most of it, but it's nice to leave it on real time for easy fights.

That said, it's hard to say how much you will like this game compared to BG3 as this game is much more complicated and combat can last much longer. This game also has much more fine tuning of the difficulty to get it where you want it, if you want to tweek things that much. Otherwise, I think for people new-ish to these type of games, "normal" difficulty will probably be enough of a challenge, but you can always increase/decrease it, at any time. If you are a seasoned general gamer, you shouldn't need to sperg out and min/max things until the hardest two difficulties.

Being that's it on sale for $12 today, it's not much of a risk, if you don't like it. For $2.38 more you can get both the Pathfinder games, which is a pretty good deal. The stories are completely separate, so if you like Wrath, you can go back and play Kingmaker.

You may want to also look at Larian's last 2 games (D:OS 1 & 2), as they use the same turn based engine, but different rules. They are less serious though and some people don't like the Dutch humor.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I personally am not a "min/maxer", but I do enjoy looking at builds other players have come up with and simply copy those if I find them interesting in an "op" way.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I personally am not a "min/maxer", but I do enjoy looking at builds other players have come up with and simply copy those if I find them interesting in an "op" way.

If you're posting here I'd say you've got a shot

I play real time with clutch pauses, personally but I'm approaching 1000 hours prob