Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
RTWP is a farce for Pathfinder. You can have it on for trash battles but turn that trash off when you actually need to be tactical.

Caliane

just checked fextralife and neoseeker and don't see hexes being mentioned for act 2 at all. only once in act 3. ha. so not sure what guide you read.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
about 75% of the enemies are demons, 15% undead, 10%human/other. so yeah, theres some undead that are immune to mind effecting. but most of the game arent.
guide specifically calling for it versus undead? not sure. I did play on core.
sure they weren't saying buff with fortune hex etc?

Slumber hex is pretty crazy the whole game. lots of stuff is not immune to it, in the way stuff is immune to sleep. sleep has Hit die caps, making bosses off limits usually.

Diving at cam. I don't think so. 90% of the time, the front line is targeted I'd say. only rarely do that rush past. Blackwater I seem to remember do that a bit. 15 enemies at once, and yeah, the start going after the back lines. cam is generally considered a solid main/offtank. odd you feel shes soft.

you playing turn based or real time? I do turn based, so that might be relevant.
turn based. I temporarily solved the Camellia problem by mounting her on a magical triceratops. It's kind of annoying to have to have to hop off to skirt around a trap then hop back on but it's working for now. I don't see how Camellia can possibly be considered tanky unless you abandon shaman to specifically build her as a tank. I'm sure in the late game when you're utterly awash in high end gear/spells you can make her pretty hard to hit but in the late single/early double digits she just gets mulched.

and yes ember was a slumber machine until i used a loremaster secret to add greater command to her spell book.

Caliane

looking at some builds.

option one looks like basic spirit hunter.
iceplant hex for +2 natural ac. stacks with all
rapier+shield.
air barrier hex for another +4ac up to +12 armor arc. this shouldnt stack with arcane armor.
dodge+crane style abuse. which Im not sure you can still do.

other option looks like, protective luck, 1 cavalier for a pet, boon companion.

(to be clear, Im not necessarily suggesting to do that. I never even really used her. other builds might be more useful. bow, full caster, etc.)

im not actually sure bismuth has a larger hit box for setting off traps. did you test that or just assume?

mounts are insanely strong in the game. npcs won't attack the riders. and the game lets you ride them indoors, up ladders.
in fact, to use animal Athletics checks, manually select the mount, and have it due the athletic ladder check. otherwise, checks are automatic to the best. but wont use mounts unless you tell it to.
generally if they CAN get and ride a mount.. do it. its worth it just for pet move, and character full round attack.

Burns

I tried to bring a hexxer class on a couple playthroughs but ended up re-specing them about halfway though or sooner.

Evil eye is supposed to be great all through the game because once you get it to land, you just keep cackling it till the end of the fight, but it was getting resisted too much for my tastes. Plus I was playing on one of the two hardest difficulties for any playthrough, so resists are kind of expected and I tended to favor spells that, when resisted, it only halved the effects.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
im not actually sure bismuth has a larger hit box for setting off traps. did you test that or just assume?

mounts are insanely strong in the game. npcs won't attack the riders. and the game lets you ride them indoors, up ladders.
in fact, to use animal Athletics checks, manually select the mount, and have it due the athletic ladder check. otherwise, checks are automatic to the best. but wont use mounts unless you tell it to.
generally if they CAN get and ride a mount.. do it. its worth it just for pet move, and character full round attack.
I just assumed, I'll test it out next time I come across a trap. And yeah, MC, Seelah, Daeran, Sosiel, and Regill are all perma-mounted.

Incidentally, Grave Singer directly countering the drawback of powerless prophecy is kinda funny.

Burns

I just assumed, I'll test it out next time I come across a trap. And yeah, MC, Seelah, Daeran, Sosiel, and Regill are all perma-mounted.

Incidentally, Grave Singer directly countering the drawback of powerless prophecy is kinda funny.
No Lann the OP stated bowcaster of doom?!? Such a shame.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No Lann the OP stated bowcaster of doom?!? Such a shame.
I actually respecced Lann out of that one monk level to go pure throwing axe fighter just to try something different. Which is funny because even though I respecced Lann and Woljif (Linzi got me addicted to perma-bard back during Kingmaker, sorry Woljif), respeccing Greybor out of his terrible build felt too much like cheating even if I was planning to keep it mostly the same and just fix it up a bit instead of a complete change like I did to Woljif. But as much as I loved Nok-Nok in Kingmaker I didn't use him much because he had so much trouble safely getting off full round attacks and Greybor is more fragile, does less damage, and moves slower so part of it was not wanting to waste my time optimizing a character I wasn't going to use when he wasn't forced.

And good god talk about fragile, he popped last stand in his very first random encounter.

Burns

I actually respecced Lann out of that one monk level to go pure throwing axe fighter just to try something different. Which is funny because even though I respecced Lann and Woljif (Linzi got me addicted to perma-bard back during Kingmaker, sorry Woljif), respeccing Greybor out of his terrible build felt too much like cheating even if I was planning to keep it mostly the same and just fix it up a bit instead of a complete change like I did to Woljif. But as much as I loved Nok-Nok in Kingmaker I didn't use him much because he had so much trouble safely getting off full round attacks and Greybor is more fragile, does less damage, and moves slower so part of it was not wanting to waste my time optimizing a character I wasn't going to use when he wasn't forced.

And good god talk about fragile, he popped last stand in his very first random encounter.
I think Lann had a 32 point buy or something, so he was Op just on that, but Zen Archer is one of the best ranged classes (they get "multishot" early in Flurry of Blows) until you go unfair 3+ multi class builds. Nok-Nok as a thug/knife rogue was OP though too, but part of that was the kukris you get in Kingmaker (still strong in Wrath). You need to spec almost all melee classes in 1 monk level for the AC for them to survive though.

I want to like bards but rarely include them due to running out of song charges too fast.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want to like bards but rarely include them due to running out of song charges too fast.
eh? lingering song effectively triples your song charges. My skald has 26 rounds of song at lvl 11, so essentially 78 rounds worth. Yeah it costs him a move action every 3 rounds but at lvl 13 its only a swift to renew the song.

Also Camellia totally has false life/greater fl on her spell list, dunno how I missed that before.

Burns

eh? lingering song effectively triples your song charges. My skald has 26 rounds of song at lvl 11, so essentially 78 rounds worth. Yeah it costs him a move action every 3 rounds but at lvl 13 its only a swift to renew the song.

Also Camellia totally has false life/greater fl on her spell list, dunno how I missed that before.
I don't think I usually make it to lingering song before getting annoyed with them being worthless until I rest. I don't remember exactly. Plus bards are band camp faggots, so never liked them to begin with! Well, at least until BG3 came out...

The deepest into the game I took a "bard" was when I tried to make a skald party work on one of my playthroughs because more buffs sounded great, but ended up re-specing because it conflicted (didn't stack) with something. It may have been shapeshifting or I might have decided to respec one of my melee into a rage class (again, don't remember exactly). Some talents and abilities have house rules to make them work, or "balance" them, so if working off of PnP knowledge like THIS site, it doesn't always work right.

Last edited:

Caliane

I tried to bring a hexxer class on a couple playthroughs but ended up re-specing them about halfway though or sooner.

Evil eye is supposed to be great all through the game because once you get it to land, you just keep cackling it till the end of the fight, but it was getting resisted too much for my tastes. Plus I was playing on one of the two hardest difficulties for any playthrough, so resists are kind of expected and I tended to favor spells that, when resisted, it only halved the effects.

thats one of the reasons Evil eye is so busted. it ALWAYS hits. Evil Eye being resisted only reduces it to 1 round. A non save is 3rounds+int mod. (cha for ember). the EFFECT always gets applied.
it also doesn't have the "only once per 24 hours". so you can just cast it on the target again. or, you know. cackle and just not care at all.

Evil eye AC, evil eye saves, evil eye attack ALSO all stack with each other.

evil eye witch and evil eye shaman ALSO stack. (two witches don't)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

so whats the main lineup?

player oracle. sounds like you changed up the party innate builds quite a bit, so I suppose its more open.
straight paladin seelah I assume, cause not doing that is dumb.(mark of justice, which scales with straight pala levels is just too good.) did mention mount which is correct.
sounds like you have cam and ember active in party. cam is likely your trickster. seelah can do it decently. woljif is out. the other main trickster should be joining you soon, if not already.
mounted regill is of course powerhouse dps. so, probably in use.

player oracle, I assume no daeran? 2 oracles, witch/shaman would be alot of repeated ground. ha. you ARE about the point angel, and ember can start turning into pure blasters.
sosiel? another healer. but cleric buffs/domains are unique and provide so much power.

no mention of nenio. so I assume shes not being used? or is the wiz just ubiquitous to not be mentioned.
greybor is not too bad really. he can also go throwing axes like spidercat.

I see mention of cam bow builds. if you want to use her for ranged dps/trickery.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
so whats the main lineup?

player oracle. sounds like you changed up the party innate builds quite a bit, so I suppose its more open.
straight paladin seelah I assume, cause not doing that is dumb.(mark of justice, which scales with straight pala levels is just too good.) did mention mount which is correct.
sounds like you have cam and ember active in party. cam is likely your trickster. seelah can do it decently. woljif is out. the other main trickster should be joining you soon, if not already.
mounted regill is of course powerhouse dps. so, probably in use.

player oracle, I assume no daeran? 2 oracles, witch/shaman would be alot of repeated ground. ha. you ARE about the point angel, and ember can start turning into pure blasters.
sosiel? another healer. but cleric buffs/domains are unique and provide so much power.

no mention of nenio. so I assume shes not being used? or is the wiz just ubiquitous to not be mentioned.
greybor is not too bad really. he can also go throwing axes like spidercat.

I see mention of cam bow builds. if you want to use her for ranged dps/trickery.
Core lineup is Oracle MC, pure paladin Seelah, Camellia for enduring buffs, hex chanting bosses, and solid dps on trash now that she rides bismuth, and skald woljif because of aforementioned bard desire but mercs are boring.

Nenio is an Eldritch Knight and can replace Woljif if I get bored of him or want to change it up but her build kinda sucks until I get the int bardiche whereas currently Woljif with a fauchard actually contributes solid damage* instead of just being a buff bot.

Daeran is completely redundant with an Oracle MC and never gets used except for his companion quests.

Lann was respecced into pure fighter and is a whirling dervish of throwing axes but as a one-dimensional dps he's interchangeable depending on who I want to bring

Sosiel is a pure cleric using most of his mythic abilities on domains because you can accumulate a truly silly amount of buffs via domain powers but I hardly ever use him. If I was playing on a difficulty higher than core I'd probably consider him a must bring for his buffs and extra healing vs just bringing whichever dps. It might even be optimal to bring him now but domain powers require so much micromanaging because they're all short duration.

Ember gets brought so often that she's almost a core party member, fantastic CC and best answer to swarms in my party atm

I took Regill into Gendarme and I'm quite glad that I brought him to Ivory Sanctum last night because his blunt weapon is almost as good as Ember's aoes against swarms. He may be one-dimensional dps but being mounted gives him such an advantage.

Greybor fucking sucks, like I said earlier just a strictly inferior Nok-nok. No op racial stat mods, bad build, shitty preferred weapon, unbelievably fragile, and 20 foot base move speed. I can't imagine ever taking him over Regill given the choice given how much easier a time Regill has delivering full round attacks and how much tankier he is by virtue of being mounted. I'm speccing him into daggers for when I need to bring him since the game has quite a few fantastic daggers meant for Woljif but obviously mine won't be using them.

Arueshelae is fine. If/when I ever get another source of enduring buffs then she could take over trickery if I want to leave Camellia at home for once. It *really* feels like cheating to respec Arushelae considering how insane her stats are so I kept her as pure ranger. Probably would have been a better choice than Woljif to respec into a bard (both mechanically and thematically) but then Woljif would just collect dust as a non-mounted dual wielder.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You get him back shortly after the start of Act 3. Pretty sure I still have most of Act 3 left and I'm gonna tackle the first part of the Midnight Isles today, hope it's not as rude as the Tenebrous Depths were.

If I had a complaint about the game, it's how much of it there is. I'd love to try almost every other Mythic path, or at the very least Lich and all three endgame paths, but goddamn the idea of playing through the entire game again is already daunting, much less playing back through it several times.

Caliane

midnight isles has lots of powerful loot and cash. but is boring as fuck. it might kill your desire to play. I might suggest skipping it.

and save blackwater for level 13-14ish. do not go there first.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
midnight isles has lots of powerful loot and cash. but is boring as fuck. it might kill your desire to play. I might suggest skipping it.

and save blackwater for level 13-14ish. do not go there first.
First part was actually pretty easy aside from some of the last bosses, maybe I was supposed to come here a level or two earlier. If I was on normal I probably could have just switched to RTWP for most of it but I'm not trying that on core lol.

Caliane

The Beach Episode June 13th. final premium dlc.
A Dance of Masks is the sixth and final premium DLC for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous in Season Pass 2, one last love letter to the Knight Commander and their loyal companions. Gather all your companions and travel back to where it all started – the city of Kenabres, destroyed and now risen from the ashes. Visit a festival, celebrate your victories, socialize with friends and loved ones, watch the fireworks… And thwart the plans of villains trying to spoil the fun!

- A new adventure will take you back to Kenabres and beyond: to a new enemy's stronghold
- Personal events for every companion — you’ve seen them fight, now watch them have a day off
- A new romantic event with every romanceable companion
- An otherworldly arena where you can test your might against some truly mythic enemies
- 11 new character archetypes, a new weapon and the ability to switch your grip on the weapon from one-handed to two-handed
- Fully voiced dialogues

A Dance of Masks DLC will be released on June 13! Wishlist the DLC to be the first to go on this new adventure. And if you have Season Pass 2, the DLC will automatically become available on release day.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really really wish Paizo hadn't decided to remove communal death ward from the divine spell list in Pathfinder because I remember from raids that DDO had mass death ward. As incredibly convenient as the angel path buffs are for buffing a lot of things in 2 clicks, they still don't protect against negative levels and WotR loves to randomly toss in Nabassu? Whichever the dudes are with the negative level gaze. I could swap in Daeran for greater enduring death ward since my MC won't have it for another two mythic ranks but he sure wouldn't be good for much else beyond that other than another outflanker.

*edit*

also I'm actually kind of surprised the achievement rate for a core+ Playful Darkness kill is as high as 3% because that thing is fucking monstrous. After several reloads of failing to high roll a dispel on him I just said fuck it and cheesed him with mark of justice + greater enduring cave fangs.

Also how on earth do people beat the super hidden encounter in Midnight Fane with the 4 roided up vescavor swarms in a tiny room with anything other than merged angel being able to murder the fuck out of them with their lvl 8 angel nuke? I'm sure the other mythic paths have their fair share of tools but that fight was kind of absurd, my mc basically soloed the swarms (Ember and Camellia both got off a firestorm that did basically no damage) while the group stayed healed with the ground healing spell (not sure if its normal divine or another angel spell). I know you get a swarmbane clasp from playful darkness and I think I read that Ulbrig comes with another one if you have last of the sarkorians, so maybe just meleeing them with unbreakable heart and aoe heal spam is an option too.

Last edited: