Patrick Rothfuss Kingkiller Chronicles

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I forget about this series. What’s the story, he ever going to release another one? Seems like ages since I read book 2.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speculation is that he's waiting till the TV series that they've announced comes out before he releases book 3 so we can build more readership but really he probably will just never finish it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Speculation is that he's waiting till the TV series that they've announced comes out before he releases book 3 so we can build more readership but really he probably will just never finish it

He's trying to one up GRRM. While Martin let HBO finish his series, he's still open to an alternate version he writes himself. Rothfuss is just hoping someone finishes his shit for him. It took him almost a decade to write the first one and Gary Stu'd a terrible half assed effort four years later. He ran out of ideas a decade ago. HBO, save him.

Vedette

<Donor>
He is having some serious mental issues. He has been pretty open about it, but I believe that has stopped a lot of the progress on the books, or stalled it. Between him, and GRRM though man the wait has been insane. I just hope they don't both drop books in the same year. I want to do a re-read on both series before reading the next one.

P.S. I've given up all hope on GRRM finishing, and I'm glad the show exist to give us some closure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Rothfuss will never finish these books at this point. If he does, they will be a shadow of what they could have been and what we are all expecting. Book two, on reread, just isnt that great. I have no hope Doors of Stone is going to be any better.

Reading Rothfuss' twitter, he is much more into being an activist than ever publishing a book update. Those stopped about a year or more ago.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm re-listening to work 1 and then buying book 2, then ill start the waiting game

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
What gets me, right, is that Patrick got published after submitting one of his chapters from Book 2 to Writer's of the Future. He won, and one of the instructors that year was Kevin J. Anderson. Mr. "I write 12 books per year." told Pat to publish what he had.

Pat's a slow writer, more like Tolkien, and he's given advice by a notorious hack writer.

What I'm saying is, without Kevin J. Anderson we'd probably have a full trilogy by now.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t even care anymore. If you can’t put out a book every year or two you lose my attention. I can’t do rereads like before I had a kid. Even guys who write fast like Sanderson, I hold off until the series is done or within a year or two of wrapping up.

This one has been so long I barely remember what it was about even though I remember liking it a lot. Being poor, going to school, a dragon snorting cocaine, a horribly annoying love interest, and a sex goddess love fest is all I remember. I can’t remember the plot line anymore.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
At this point I would prefer a Wikipedia synopsis of book 3s major plot points.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What gets me, right, is that Patrick got published after submitting one of his chapters from Book 2 to Writer's of the Future. He won, and one of the instructors that year was Kevin J. Anderson. Mr. "I write 12 books per year." told Pat to publish what he had.

Pat's a slow writer, more like Tolkien, and he's given advice by a notorious hack writer.

What I'm saying is, without Kevin J. Anderson we'd probably have a full trilogy by now.

Bullshit. Patrick Rothfuss - Interviews Guy was an undergrad for 9 years because he didn't know what he wanted to do. Guy spent at least 10 years writing his first book, which was very good. http://www.lightspeedmagazine.com/nonfiction/interview-patrick-rothfuss/ If you believe this, he's slow because he's a perfectionist. Reading Book 2 should alleviate that thought quickly, which had a lot of Gary Stu trash in it. The honest truth is he can fuck off as much as he wants and is fairly wealthy. He hasn't wrote Book 3 because he doesn't have to, just like GRRM. He will eventually and hopefully it's closer to Book 1 than 2. He aspires to be GRRM so creating a bunch of offshoot shit will finish his career unless he gets a wild hair or needs money again.

He's an inspiration for slackers and has talent...but he's a lazy motherfucker. Let's just call a spade a spade at this point.

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Book 2 was decent on first read because it was back to back on an overseas flight

On a reeeeeread book 2 is garbage

Book 3 is never coming because he is lazy and does not have to do it .... yet

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

939967796f4713fde18730254758de67.jpg

• 1Worf

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I'm truly sorry for bumping this and giving someone out there hope that this fucking hack actually made any progress.

I'm still salty I even bothered reading the first two.

Best reply to that twitter post is "I mean he's not an actual writer anymore so there's that. I played football 10 years ago, am I a football player?"

So simple yet utterly savage.

• 9Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
He did a video recently on the "before you die" subject where he was explaining why he gets butthurt about it, basically he said that what he thinks people mean is that they like his work but what they are saying is that his only value to them is the books and otherwise they don't care if he dies.... he is wrong in his interpretation no one outside of his family and close friends, and maybe not even them if he is a cunt, care about his life outside the books he puts out. I know if i read tomorrow that he died my reaction would be "well fuck I hope Brandon Sanderson can find some time in his schedule to finish these too"

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
He did a video recently on the "before you die" subject where he was explaining why he gets butthurt about it, basically he said that what he thinks people mean is that they like his work but what they are saying is that his only value to them is the books and otherwise they don't care if he dies.... he is wrong in his interpretation no one outside of his family and close friends, and maybe not even them if he is a cunt, care about his life outside the books he puts out. I know if i read tomorrow that he died my reaction would be "well fuck I hope Brandon Sanderson can find some time in his schedule to finish these too"
I'd rather Sanderson just write his own stuff, preferably non Stormlight lol.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users