Payday 2

Disp_sl

shitlord
This game is coming out on Aug 13. It's a bank heist/RPG/skill tree game that should be awesome. Payday 1 was one of my favorite co-op FPS games, and Payday 2 looks like it'll improve on just about everything. If you haven't played the first one and have friends to co-op with, it's definitely worth picking up during the Steam sale. It's probably the most difficult game I've played in the past decade +, and you actually have to put it on easy for quite a while until your character is good enough to play on normal.

Payday 2, while very much the same as the original in base gameplay, looks to improve on a few flaws from the previous games in that it is a sharper and more polished experience. For instance, gun combat is improved, and the stealth mechanic from the previous game is given a larger emphasis, possibly making it a viable option in each of the 30 heists. Carrying loot is also modified, creating an actual loot bag which adds weight to the carrier, allowing for throwing the loot for a further player to pick up and carry instead. Carrying loot will also tilt the camera due to the added weight.

Cash loot from the game is no longer a substitute for experience points. Instead, it is used as cash for actually making purchases for character and gun upgrades, as well as items that may help on a heist, such as the codes for window shutters to prevent snipers from being able to hit the player while he remains indoors.

New to the game is Crime Net, a brand new mission interface. Not much is known about its functionality, but it has been said that it will unlock certain heists depending on how a previous heist was finished. Whether the heists will be locked again after completing the same heist in a different way remains unknown.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Friend sent me this as a gift the other day on steam. Had never played the first one but the info I could find on the second looks pretty damn good. Looking forward to playing this when it comes out.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The first one was amazing and it wasn't nearly as indepth as this one. I expect a lot from this game.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Playing with 2 friends since steam sale and it is fun. Kinda wish they had taken the heist aspects a little deeper. There is too little interaction possible with hostages or the police for example. No car chase on any of the maps (don't have DLC). Besides robbing and shooting a place up these two aspects were first in my mind when I read the "Heist" title. Other that these disappointments it is a fun L4D type coop shooter.

We keep getting stuck under that bridge on Heat Street. It's just a never ending wave of police and we have trouble moving forward. The more we wait the worse it gets with ammo and health depleting. We got through a couple times but cant remember what we did differently. Any tip?

Disp_sl

shitlord
Heat Street is by far the most difficult heist. My friends and I stopped played Payday 1 a couple months ago because we all got max level, but we basically never did that heist, and I think only completed it 2 or 3 times. The fastest way to level up is by doing the "overdrill" easter egg. You need 4 players though; can't play with the computer, so you might need to get a random person to join.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Heat Street is by far the most difficult heist. My friends and I stopped played Payday 1 a couple months ago because we all got max level, but we basically never did that heist, and I think only completed it 2 or 3 times. The fastest way to level up is by doing the "overdrill" easter egg. You need 4 players though; can't play with the computer, so you might need to get a random person to join.
Not sure I am going to worry much about leveling up. We've just played a couple days and completed all the maps on normal. It felt like the perfect amount of challenge. We'll probably do a few on hard and call it quits. Unless overkill brings fresh gameplay somehow I doubt I'll play this very long. Perfect amount of fun for the sale price but there just is not enough content to drive me to farm levels.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah its leaving me wanting. Its ok but just really shallow given all they could of done with it.

p0wl_sl

shitlord
I personally love the game. I used to play several hours of L4D2 every week, and I can see this replacing that for me. Payday 2 is pretty much the game I wanted Payday to be.

Anyone want a beta invite?

Sorry all! Heriotze was the first one to ask me for an invite, so I gave it to him.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Playing with 2 friends since steam sale and it is fun. Kinda wish they had taken the heist aspects a little deeper. There is too little interaction possible with hostages or the police for example. No car chase on any of the maps (don't have DLC). Besides robbing and shooting a place up these two aspects were first in my mind when I read the "Heist" title. Other that these disappointments it is a fun L4D type coop shooter.

We keep getting stuck under that bridge on Heat Street. It's just a never ending wave of police and we have trouble moving forward. The more we wait the worse it gets with ammo and health depleting. We got through a couple times but cant remember what we did differently. Any tip?
Have to move fast and hard really. If you can get someone who he a really good shot they can cover the rest of the teams approach. Just move from cover to cover and attack.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
So...anyone playing the beta think its worth it? I'm trying to convince myself not to spend the extra twenty bucks on the CE just for a beta invite...

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ya, ironically enough a group of us were talking on skype today about buying it and playing it later today. We have 4 so we are looking forward to going crazy.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
This game looks pretty sweet I am excited to play it. Feel free to add me on steam names gRIPa

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Some friends of mine are playing this and enjoying it, but after buying Brink, I can't bring myself to buy another FPS.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
This is really fun so far. I've been unlucky enough to be in some pretty bad groups. Everything is going great during the robbery and drilling the safe and then when we start bagging the cash 2 guys run off in different directions while 1 starts picking safety deposit boxes.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
i caved and picked up the collectors so i could try it. game is a lot better than the first one from what I can tell. The menu's feel a little clunky to me at times, but the gunplay feels pretty good.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Waiting for a few more things to sell(namely hats for TF2 that came with new bioshock DLC) before I grab the CC edition, being a fan of the first one not sure why I wouldn't like this one. Anyone have any negatives yet?