Payday 2

Sulrn

Deuces
Any Beta keys still floating? Definitely think it would be fun to see what you arm chair criminals could mastermind.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll admit it's pretty entertaining, but with the levels capped at 30, it's really hard to get a decent look at what the game is like. 30 is a pretty shitty cut off point. I'm hoping they raise the level cap in the beta at least once more before the game ships, as it stands now I don't see myself buying this until it's at least half off on a sale. Maybe if I had a regular crew to heist with it would be more entertaining, but doing Rats even on normal difficulty is a total crapshoot with a pug, so the only other thing to do is speed run jewelry/4 store for weapon mods.

Among other things, they could really stand to be a bit less ridiculous with the plank spawn locations in places like the bank and rats.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Well considering the release day was pushed up to August 13th I'm not sure how much more they'll fix.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I will say I don't think I would play this game if we didn't have a constant 4 man group that we play everything with. It has absolutely been way more fun, especially when dumb shit happens (like your friend being masked up and looking through a window when someone is looking back at them and gets spotted) while you are trying to stealth shit and you are forced to adapt.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can download the game now on Steam if you pre-purchased.

Who all is getting this?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
4 friends and I are getting it. We are mostly spreading out our skills, I'll be going MM with a few points in the others.

Sulrn

Deuces
I'm on the fence. It looks good, but not for the price point. Once you do your initial run through it appears completely up to the ingenuity of your friends/group to keep the fun factor alive.

I wanted to get beta access to see if I could get hooked, but now that window is closed I'm just not sure.

Disp_sl

shitlord
I'm on the fence. It looks good, but not for the price point. Once you do your initial run through it appears completely up to the ingenuity of your friends/group to keep the fun factor alive.
I haven't played it yet, but $30 is nothing for a game like this. I paid $5 for Payday 1 and got 100 hours out of it, and Payday 2 is supposed to be improved in basically every way. As far as keeping the initial fun factor after 1 go through, there are a couple things: A lot of the stuff is dynamic as far as item placement, objective locations, and proceeding missions depending on how you completed the previous. The skill tree and crimenet where you can purchase gear and add-ons should be enough incentive to play levels more than once. Granted, a lot of the fun factor does come from playing with 3 of your friends, but even if you just have 1 friend to play with the AI should do well enough. Overall the game is a lot like the Left 4 Dead campaigns in that playing with friends makes it a ton more fun.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Ive played the beta for over 30 hours and have had a blast with it, and we only have access to a few heists on not quite all the skills. Im in
biggrin.png

Sulrn

Deuces
I haven't played it yet, but $30 is nothing for a game like this. I paid $5 for Payday 1 and got 100 hours out of it, and Payday 2 is supposed to be improved in basically every way. ///
Overall the game is a lot like the Left 4 Dead campaigns in that playing with friends makes it a ton more fun.
$5 for 100 hours is a lot different from $30 for ~100 hours. L4D was ONLY fun with friends, for me. Which is what I'm afraid of walking into without a price incentive or a better idea of how I enjoy the game play outside of YouTube.

Disp_sl

shitlord
$30 for 100 hours seems like a pretty awesome deal to me too. If you don't have friends to play with it may not be all that fun for you though, dunno.

kidRiot_sl

shitlord
Yeah this game looks dope, but I have pretty much zero gaming social life. Only have one close friend who PC games. So I guess i'll save my 30$ for now.

sebur

Bronze Squire
The game is awesome, and as someone mentioned above that is without access to top tier skills (not enough skill points to get that high, level capped at 30) and not all of the heists. I can't wait to have all of it!

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Shit, if people don't have people to play with add me. I'm happy to play with whomever.

Sulrn

Deuces
I went ahead and pulled the trigger and am preloading.

Steam: sulrn
Looking at a Ghost Mastermind build.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Eurogamer review:

"In some respects, this is the game fans were hoping for: more of the same, with more features and the greater long-term appeal of character progression. In other ways, it's a slight disappointment, a game still suffering from technical issues that should have been the first thing to be tackled. There's clearly an even better game to be made here, if Overkill could just scrape the gunk off its lumpy game engine. The same game with the environmental mayhem of the Frostbite engine, for example, would be a sight to behold.

That Payday 2 overcomes so many handicaps to emerge, once again, as a fantastically entertaining multiplayer game is a victory in itself."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ayday-2-review