Peacemaker

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think Disney will come to regret that they threw James Gunn under the bus for awhile. Sure they 'made up' so he can do Guardians Vol 3 but its clear that his more long-term storytelling is gonna be in the Warner Brothers playground and I have nothing but glee for this.

(Especially because the DC properties have been so mismanaged that he gets to do pretty much whatever he wants)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This show is fuckin' great. I'm now 3 episodes in and White Dragon reminds me a lot less of my grandpa now that I know the rest of his background, rofl.

Vigilante reminds me of a friend my buddy used to have - SUPER over-bearing to the point it was almost creepy, yet somehow still charming.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Eagley attacking those cops was fucking hilarious

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
One of those rare shows I can't help watching the intro. Every time. Can't explain it.

If you haven't watched this yet, what the fuck is wrong with you.

• 11Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so like most of us, i wasn't REALLY that interested in a show about ANY of the characters from suicide squad, much less peacemaker, but, again like most of us have been extremely surprised and happy with this show every week. the other day i was just watching some interviews that the cast and james gunn had done a few weeks ago and everyone brings up the intro for obvious reasons... but james gunn mentioned something, almost in passing that i think is a pretty big spoiler?

gunn said that he thinks the intro is something that as the show goes on brings on new meaning and i thought it was just that you notice certain things that you hadn't before... for example, captain locke, murn's inside man in the police has been in the intro since the beginning but he doesn't show up in the show until halfway through the season... but, based on what happened THIS week with the whole police force becoming butterflies... they mention it's weird to smile and the ORIENTAL (lol) detective was incredibly flat once she became a butterfly... really reminded me of what she's like in the intro.

anyway...i'm wondering if gunn saying that the intro taking on more meaning as the show goes on is a clue that they are all going to become butterflies? doesn't seem like you can survive the process and i don't know if they'd do that to the main cast... but it's interesting nonetheless...

• 2Like

Homsar

Show just keeps getting better, and Eagly is amazing holy shit such a bad ass superhero lol

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Best show right now. Sophie getting butterflied was brutal.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
man sophie got hotter once she got alien'd, cuz then she wasn't acting no more, she was just being an oriental bitch

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Homsar

I'm so confused with judo master protecting the one baddie, but Judo implied the the butterflies aren't bad

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm so confused with judo master protecting the one baddie, but Judo implied the the butterflies aren't bad
judo master has to be a butterfly, no way superchi can protect you from getting craniumed by a fatty w/ a pipe and still live after getting shot in the chest (he's still in recovery right?)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Yeah hes in recovery with the team, I just don't get why he implied butterflies aren't bad while protecting the evil butterfly Murn wanted dead

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Either Judomaster is a butterfly or he was told a lie to protect them. He is going to fuck some shit up when he recovers.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
man sophie got hotter once she got alien'd, cuz then she wasn't acting no more, she was just being an oriental bitch

ORIENTAL!?!?!? ITS CHING CHONG, YOU RACIST

probably my favorite episode, as soon as the finale drops i think i'll rewatch suicide squad and this show again. Its insane how I went from "who the fuck wants to watch a show about peacemaker? BORING" a month ago to "THIS SHOW ROCKS"

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Its insane how I went from "who the fuck wants to watch a show about peacemaker? BORING" a month ago to "THIS SHOW ROCKS"
Very similar thoughts from most around the time GotG was being considered/released.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think it's the double switcheroo. The other butterflies are fugitives and just want to protect themselves by establishing them in the human power structure and Murn was just some exiled Butterfly that is betraying them for whatever reason. It may be that neither side is "wrong" but more grey and in the end Peacemaker has to make the choice whether to wipe out all the aliens or let them exist. I think they took over the police so they could apprehend Peacemaker and try and negotiate as they know he won't kill cops (Goff butterfly heard him say "no, she's a cop!" to Vigilante.)

Waller obviously wants all alien life eradicated and then was going to pin all the murders on Peacemaker. That's just her MO. Humans>US>everything else.

• 1Like