Peaky Blinders

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
3 was a little too complex. They sorta wrote themselves into a corner, hence the soft reset.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This season was great, entertaining all the way through. Can’t wait to see where it goes from here, that was a hell of a finale.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I came in late and binge watched all 4 seasons....

I would love to have the shows cigarette budget...sheesh....(And slo-mo camera budget as well)

Season 3 was a little off the rails but all in all a good show.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Just finished S4, this show is fantastic. It needs more visibility.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Binged through this show the past few weeks. Liked seasons 1 & 2, although they were just solidly average. Season 3 was a bit more wild, some good stuff some bad stuff - the violence in the show is not done very well in the first 3 seasons. Enjoyed season 4, maybe a bit too cliche/tropey but the acting and stories were fun to watch.

Definitely recommend a watch to anyone who likes gangster type shows, I think Boardwalk Empire was a better show overall although it had a lot of low points, but man Michael Shannon and Michael Williams (Omar) and Mickey Doyle were just amazing characters and stories, and the twists and turns of that show were insane.

Peaky Blinders season 5 has finished filming and will air sometime in summer 2019 on BBC One, not sure when it'll hit Netflix. The show is planned for 7 full seasons with a conclusion.

I'm starting to realize a lot of new shows are built for the next generation and hold little to no interest to me so going back and watching older shows I missed. Next up is Longmire I think. Still gotta get to Ozark too.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
7 seasons? Egh... it has become really formulaic as it is. I still love the show, but it's starting to drag.
Formulaic, but Jesus I love this show. So much style, and Murphy kills it. Hopefully Knight can pull a quick one and get a little bit away from the formula.

spronk

FPS noob
season 5 premiered tonight in the UK and its up on usual torrent sites. It will be available for US viewers on Netflix on Oct 5th.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Going to wait for netflix release so I can marathon all the fookin' goodness.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was an interesting season. I got used to a season completing a story arc where the grand villain(of Sorts) is bested by the gang. This ended one ended with no such affair and apparently somebody really went against the Peaky Blinders. It was entertaining as always.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Overall a decent season, not the best (for me that would be season 2), and not the worst (for me that would be season 3). I am afraid even this show has not avoided the SJW treatment, as the main antagonist is some proto-typical fascist who warns against "fake news" and the need to put "Britain first".....gee, I wonder what thinly veiled reference that could be for? Then to have Tommy Shelby be some sort of secret commie-lover.....when he's a gangster who's entire lifestyle is fashioned by capitalism, not to mention he's back to dealing drugs meant for who exactly? I guess I can't have a single decent show nowadays that doesn't want to dabble in politics.

• 1Picard

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
JFC it's only YOU injecting personal politics into it.

The British fascist party, led by the character in the show, was a real fucking thing.

Yeah, I know. I also knew that Brilliant Chang also existed in real life.

What I also know is that they tried to implicate that Trump is somehow a modern day Mosley. Surely you aren't so obtuse as to not see the connection? The moment Mosely mentioned in his speech about watching out for "fake news".....the only thing missing was "Make Britannia Great Again".

And again, to have some sort of hardened gangster like Shelby whose entire empire was created by the enormous wealth he made through illegal trade, basically a poster child for capitalism, but you know, deep-down he's just such a complicated man and really he's sympathetic with communists....like why? Makes zero sense. Turning him into some sort of Robin Hood to appease the masses is just weak writing, and anathema to his character up to this point.

• 1Picard