Penny Dreadful

Cybsled

Well his daughter's name is Mina and she is a vampire now, which is from Bram Stoker's Dracula. The vampire he is seeking is probably Dracula.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure what to make of this so far. Reviews were saying that episode one was meh but things really pick up in the second. I found it exactly the opposite. The pilot came across as a show trying to be League of Extraordinary Gentlemen-done-right, while the second episode dragged on and now the season is 1/4 done and basically nothing has happened yet. We still don't know anything at all about these characters other than Frankenstein; for the rest, almost anything you think you know comes from the stories the characters originated in or the opening credits.
Referring to Ethan probably being a werewolf.
(Not really sure that's a spoiler, nor do I even know if it's correct, but whatever...)

Definitely going to keep watching but I just wish they'd pick up the pace.

Edit: In case you're not aware, this is showing up on demand a week in advance of the normal Sunday night airtime on SHO.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
From episode 2, she is possessed by whatever that Egyptian demon thing is (Amunet or something) and the crazy Egyptian devil (Amun-Ra?) wants to hatefuck her and thus end the world or something.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, she appears to have been Mina's friend, which I guess would make her the show's [heavily altered] version of Lucy Westenra.
Ep.02 spoilers:
There's the Egyptian thing too, but I'm confused on that one. She spoke as both of Sir Malcolm's children during the seance, but in between switching from Peter to Mina she clearly says, "Not Amunet, much older," but then the next day Lyle still refers to her having put on a performance as Amunet when he's translating the hieroglyphs.

Just more exposition I wish they'd get out of the way quicker. I'd be more patient if this was a normal TV season, but there's only 8 episodes of this show. I remember thinking True Detective took a while to get moving, but this is much slower so far.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah the whole "not Amunet, much older" thing coupled with the fruity doctor calling her Amunet again the next day, all of that confused me.

Not sure what to make of this so far. Reviews were saying that episode one was meh but things really pick up in the second. I found it exactly the opposite. The pilot came across as a show trying to be League of Extraordinary Gentlemen-done-right, while the second episode dragged on and now the season is 1/4 done and basically nothing has happened yet. We still don't know anything at all about these characters other than Frankenstein; for the rest, almost anything you think you know comes from the stories the characters originated in or the opening credits.
Referring to Ethan probably being a werewolf.
(Not really sure that's a spoiler, nor do I even know if it's correct, but whatever...)

Definitely going to keep watching but I just wish they'd pick up the pace.

Edit: In case you're not aware, this is showing up on demand a week in advance of the normal Sunday night airtime on SHO.
I have to go agree, I felt episode 1 was excellent, however episode 2 was confusing and really lost some the steam of episode 1.

1 thing that is underrated in Eva is her smoldering eyes, everyone talks about her rack as well as her bangin body, how pretty she is super model looks, she started out as model and then quickly came movies bond girl etc.

kidgamer_sl

shitlord
I liked both episodes so far. The last 5 minutes of episode one (Proteus scene) was strangely emotional for me. Terrific television.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yep, the seance scene was just amazing, I have new respect for her and I'll put this on my to-watch list.

The way I interpreted it, was that yes, she was known as Amunet at one point in time, but that the spirit or whatever is much older than even the egyptians. Thus, the seance lady referred to her as Amunet and was correct, but that's just not where she originated.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Had to watch it twice, was packed with more information but less action then the first. I'm really hoping this quality continues till episode eight. I'm really interested in how they will tie all the name characters together.